ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
Sassy Squatch 04:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Why?

Watkins 3/$48MM = 40/519/3 while playing in 10 of 16 games
Hitchens 5/$45MM = 132ypg/5ypa
Reggie Ragland = see above
Speaks = LOL (and we traded up for this LOL)

And so far this year: :-)
:-) A Dee Ford Stan harping on Speaks for not having a good rookie season.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 05:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) A Dee Ford Stan harping on Speaks for not having a good rookie season.
LOL... if you think Speaks had any potential as a 3-4 EDGE rusher, then you are dumber than I would have given you credit for.

If you think Speaks potential as an EDGE rusher was worth trading up for then I got some ocean front property in Kansas City to sell you....
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Why?

Watkins 3/$48MM = 40/519/3 while playing in 10 of 16 games
Hitchens 5/$45MM = 132ypg/5ypa
Reggie Ragland = see above
Speaks = LOL (and we traded up for this LOL)

And so far this year: :-)
Oh look, it’s Don Ford. Your brother plays for San Francisco now, sir
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:25 AM 03-13-2019
I'm not a Veach Supporter or a Dorsey apologist; I simply call things as I see them
[Reply]
Danguardace 12:34 AM 03-13-2019
All those guys let you down or weren't there when needed most.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:14 AM 03-13-2019
I'm holding out answering the poll for about a week to see where the Chiefs end up, but it certainly isn't a good thing to blow up one of the best pass rushes in the NFL to replace it with Speaks and ???. We'll see what happens though, don't have my panties in a bundle yet.
[Reply]
scho63 04:41 AM 03-13-2019
I think when the dust settles, some of you who are cheering losing all these Chiefs players are going to say: "Where did all our good players go?"

So far we are in the negative IMHO. Obviously much depends on future drafts and what we do with all this freed up money.

Gotta trust the management and their motives. I hope it isn't ALL about the money.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 03-13-2019, 05:56 AM
This message has been deleted by DTVietnam.
Red Dawg 05:59 AM 03-13-2019
I dont like the Watkins deal but I will wait on Hitch in the new system. Veach had shit to work with. Low picks and Dorsey fugged our cap. 2020 pick for Ford sucks, should have 2019 and that on Veach in my book. Honey badger is his best move.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:58 AM 03-13-2019
Im not sold on Speaks..He really just always looks like he's in slow motion to me..i never really see a burst . .

doesnt seem to be too bright as well. .
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:05 AM 03-13-2019
I guess y'all are betting the house on getting outside pass rushers in the draft?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I guess y'all are betting the house on getting outside pass rushers in the draft?
I am. I don't think there was a way in hell to fix the rest of the D without the money we get/got from the moves they made.

That, and I'm eager to see if Veach is a master at his trade, or the young fool that wouldn't "get in Reid's way" that was thought when such a young GM was brought in. Time will tell.

That being said, even if he strikes out, he and his supporters (and I am actually one of them) will always have the, "I assumed the Dorsey mess" to fall back on. The truth is while I support him, now I want him to prove that he, despite his age, can play with the big boys. I want him to rip-off a few "amazing" deals using the weapons he has. Perhaps using the very real chance to go/win a SB to entice some edge rushers to pick the Chiefs instead of some other team. You know, like the Pats do every year.

But that's just me.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:18 AM 03-13-2019
Why in the fuck does everyone keep using the term edge? We aren't that team anymore. It's 4-3 ends now not edge rushers.

Like I'm sure this team would like to have Clellin Ferrell but that isn't happening.

Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out, it's a scheme and personnel change, have the damn stomach for it.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:58 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Why in the **** does everyone keep using the term edge? We aren't that team anymore. It's 4-3 ends now not edge rushers.

Like I'm sure this team would like to have Clellin Ferrell but that isn't happening.

Everyone just needs to chill the **** out, it's a scheme and personnel change, have the damn stomach for it.
EDGE isn't exclusive to the 3-4.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 07:02 AM 03-13-2019
Too early. Veach needed the cap space for short and long term moves. Draft is huge.

It's all on Veach. We have the right coaching staff and QB. We could use an effective edge rusher, 2 CB's, a Sam LB, a strong/box safety, a TE, maybe another WR.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up