ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:49 AM 02-20-2018
If the Chiefs realistically believe in their chances of winning a title in the next two years, you have to keep Peters no question. If they dont think they are, then trade him now, because there is almost no chance he wants to stay past his contract. Its only time before some fuddy duddy here MLKs him at Jack Stacks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:50 AM 02-20-2018

#ChiefsKingdom Marcus Peters passes targeting his coverage by year:
2015: 151
2016: 91
2017: 72

Passer rating allowed:
2015: 67.1
2016: 65.6
2017: 66.0@PFF

— Eric Eager (@PFF_EricEager) January 2, 2018

Yep....let's trade that away.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:51 AM 02-20-2018
You're allowed to like the players that you like. That's fine.

When I see posters mentioning Peters and HOF in the same sentence it gives me serious pause.

I'd love to be wrong about his character, but I don't think I am.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 02-20-2018
Better not draft another player with character concerns ever again, if this comes to pass. Even if he is an All Pro talent, Reid will just get rid of him when he shows that yes, he still has the same character he had in college.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:52 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The only thing giving me hope that this is just talking head chatter is the fact that we haven't heard a peep out of our own local reporters outside of Mellinger, who outright said he'd be shocked if it happened.
That, and it's clearly BS.
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

When I see posters mentioning Peters and HOF in the same sentence it gives me serious pause.

Thru 3 years he’s produced 25 turnovers

That’s a HOf pace. Whether he gets there or not is debatable, same as the character stuff

But the production on the field isn’t
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:53 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

He sucks as a person, but is easily putting up historic HOF numbers if this continues for like 8 years.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:55 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
In the real world we call your baseless projections "bullshit".

How do you know Marcus Peters is a "locker room cancer"? Are you in the Chiefs locker room? Have you talked to Chiefs players and coaches?

Also your projections that Peters will get in legal trouble and fail drug tests is based on what? Peters has had zero legal trouble/issues in the NFL.
So you feel confident that he is well liked in the locker room? You feel that his track record doesn't have any red flags? You feel that his attitude on the field demonstrates a person in control of his actions who makes good decisions?

I haven't been in the locker room, I don't know any current Chiefs personally, but I do know some NFL players, past and present.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:55 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Yep....let's trade that away.
Last year might not be the best data set, since there were no other quality players in the secondary. Of course you throw at Gaines/Mitchell/Acker/Parker/Murray/etc
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:58 AM 02-20-2018
I love Marcus Peters. Obviously, he has some attitude problems.

This being said, one problem I see is resigning him in two years. His play on the field would warrant a top level contrat and I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be the to paid CB in the league. But with the risks that he carries, which won't disappear IMO, I don't think Veach wants to give him that huge contract.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:58 AM 02-20-2018
Feel free to bring this back up and show me what a dumbass I am related to #22 in 5 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:09 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That, and it's clearly BS.
I've been playing Devil's Advocate in this thread but I'll ask you directly:

Do you think that Clark Hunt is comfortable giving Marcus Peters $38 million guaranteed on a 5 year, $90 million dollar deal?

If so, why?

If not, why not?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:23 PM 02-20-2018
https://twitter.com/chandaye/status/921245627786203136

NSFW
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:30 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://twitter.com/chandaye/status/921245627786203136

NSFW
If they trade him, then I agree with the people in this vid.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:31 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
If they trade him, then I agree with the people in this vid.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up