ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:47 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You let him rebound in 2018, with some actual pass-rush and sell high. It's not a difficult answer.
His stock won’t go much higher. If they’ve decided to move forward without him, just do it now and get what you can.

The guy could tear his ACL or rupture his Achilles and ruin his value in 1 play next year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
If they trade him...it is what it is. But it better be for at least a ****ing 1st rounder.
Agreed, I dont wanna hear all this 2nd BS

All-Pro skill position players bring a 1st at the minimum... whatever kinda contract the trading partner has to offer him is their problem, dont diminish the value of our player just because you have to pay him
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:53 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
His stock won’t go much higher. If they’ve decided to move forward without him, just do it now and get what you can.

The guy could tear his ACL or rupture his Achilles and ruin his value in 1 play next year.
Jfc :-)

I'm not sure if the idea that his value is somehow at its peak now, or a low probability of injury means go get buttfucked on a trade today is the worst part of your post.

If the Chiefs move Peters right now for a 2+4, barring some devastating bombshell, Veach should clean his fucking desk out after finalizing the trade.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:14 PM 02-19-2018
Jfc :-)

I'm not sure if the idea that his value is somehow at its peak now, or a low probability of injury means go get butt****ed on a trade today is the worst part of your post.

If the Chiefs move Peters right now for a 2+4, barring some devastating bombshell, Veach should clean his ****ing desk out after finalizing the trade.
Yes bc it’s solely Brett Veach making this call. This is Andy Reid’s football team. If Peters is traded it will be because Andy and/or Clark want him gone and he is such a big problem that they don’t want to deal with him for another year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:16 PM 02-19-2018
Yes bc it’s solely Brett Veach making this call. This is Andy Reid’s football team. If Peters is traded it will be because Andy and/or Clark want him gone and he is such a big problem that they don’t want to deal with him for another year.
Veach controls the roster, so yeah it's his call.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:19 PM 02-19-2018
Veach controls the roster, so yeah it's his call.
You learned nothing last summer did you? :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:20 PM 02-19-2018
You learned nothing last summer did you? :-)
You must not of. You think it was Andy's call to dump Maclin?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:26 PM 02-19-2018
You must not of. You think it was Andy's call to dump Maclin?
Please enlighten us on what happened a few weeks later
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:35 PM 02-19-2018
Please enlighten us on what happened a few weeks later
Dorsey got fired for bungling the salary cap. What's your point?

That shows nothing about Andy having the final say over the 53 man roster.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:02 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
If this is BS, Veach needs to come out and say so
Veach doesn’t have to say a fucking thing. He’s not Jerry Jones
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:02 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
If they trade him...it is what it is. But it better be for at least a ****ing 1st rounder.
It better be for a hell of a lot more than a first rounder unless the pick is in the top 5. You're not just taking back your original investment on a guy that's top 5 at his position and has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

Just a first rounder would cause me to lose my mind.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:03 PM 02-19-2018
KC better get what Jared Allen brought back. 1st and a 3rd. I’m not trading him for a 2nd and 4th. That’s dumb IMO
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:04 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
KC better get what Jared Allen brought back. 1st and a 3rd. I’m not trading him for a 2nd and 4th. That’s dumb IMO
If the Chiefs are intent on trading him, I'm sure they'll take the highest bidder, as long as it's not in the division
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:11 PM 02-19-2018
This shit is getting good - If we got a 1st and a later pick, I'd jizz like a Veach!
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:15 PM 02-19-2018
I'm cool either way though, at the end of the discussion.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up