Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 03:08 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:34 AM 02-24-2021
I lost all hope when Game of Thrones had the same story lines as the A Song of Ice and Fire books
[Reply]
JakeF 01:00 PM 02-25-2021
Still so pissed off about the Tampa game.

Any time i think about football i rage inside about it.

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:10 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

If there was ever a year to lose a Super Bowl, this was it. The loss sucked, but the lack of packed stadiums made the postseason far less entertaining than usual. That was magnified during the Super Bowl, where the crowd is always a watered-down amorphous blob of casual fans anyway. The Bucs won the game and basically heard golf claps after.

2022 will be a great year to win another.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:41 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If there was ever a year to lose a Super Bowl, this was it. The loss sucked, but the lack of packed stadiums made the postseason far less entertaining than usual. That was magnified during the Super Bowl, where the crowd is always a watered-down amorphous blob of casual fans anyway. The Bucs won the game and basically heard golf claps after.

2022 will be a great year to win another.
yea, but you only get so many shots at it. I want Mahomes to be considered the best ever. That only happens with multiple super bowl wins. Every super bowl loss drops his status a bit. Montana didn't lose a single super bowl. Now Mahomes will have to win several more than Montana to makeup for the loss.

I guess i'm just hung up on Mahomes being the best. :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:51 PM 02-25-2021
yea, but you only get so many shots at it. I want Mahomes to be considered the best ever. That only happens with multiple super bowl wins. Every super bowl loss drops his status a bit. Montana didn't lose a single super bowl. Now Mahomes will have to win several more than Montana to makeup for the loss.

I guess i'm just hung up on Mahomes being the best. :-)
For a franchise that languished in the playoffs for 50 years.......I'll take what we have right now and not get hung up on player ratings, etc.

Enjoy the ride....
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:20 PM 02-25-2021

Same here. In some of the most famous battles in history, the side that should have won easily ended up losing due to poor strategy, ignorance, and some ill timed luck. The offensive gameplan was not adequately prepared for this game. They underestimated how poor the line would be. Should have kept Remmers at RT where he at least looked competent half the season. The in-game adjustments also sucked.

As embarrassing as it is to get blown out, maybe it's better than losing a close game. Close losses hurt more as there's always so many plays you keep thinking back to which could have changed the outcome.

The only play I wish we could have back is for Williams to catch Mahomes' flying pass. Would have been cool to see.
[Reply]
wachashi 03:20 PM 02-25-2021
What part of Tom Brady's game - I'm talking his skill set, and his ability - is better than prime Peyton Manning?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
What part of Tom Brady's game - I'm talking his skill set, and his ability - is better than prime Peyton Manning?
His arm. He's always had a better arm than Manning.
[Reply]
wachashi 03:43 PM 02-25-2021
I think that's highly debatable if you're talking "prime" vs "prime." Manning's prime was not with the Broncos.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:48 PM 02-25-2021
His arm.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:07 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
His arm.
Manning's arm was always far better, until his final season when he dropped off a cliff.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:20 PM 02-25-2021
Eh. Peyton had a plus arm in his prime.

Neither of them had cannons.

Not much, IMO. Brady definitely did seem to fair better in big situations and also in the elements. So maybe like Brady's moxie or something was superior to Peyton's?

It's kind of hilarious because Manning retired in 2015. At the time it was a lot easier to make the Manning>Brady argument. Since Peyton's retired, Brady's gone to five more Super Bowls and won four of them lol

All things being equal, you give me the option of any QB in his prime to win one game, I'm taking Manning and Rodgers over Brady, but it'll be DAMNED difficult for any QB to match his resume.
[Reply]
GoForIt 05:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Eh. Peyton had a plus arm in his prime.

Neither of them had cannons.

Not much, IMO. Brady definitely did seem to fair better in big situations and also in the elements. So maybe like Brady's moxie or something was superior to Peyton's?

It's kind of hilarious because Manning retired in 2015. At the time it was a lot easier to make the Manning>Brady argument. Since Peyton's retired, Brady's gone to five more Super Bowls and won four of them lol

All things being equal, you give me the option of any QB in his prime to win one game, I'm taking Manning and Rodgers over Brady, but it'll be DAMNED difficult for any QB to match his resume.
Manning actually said this himself that what made Brady so great was that he played his best football in the biggest moments. Both were the best cerebral QBs to ever play the game. Complete command pre-snap and post-snap. Their battles were legendary as was their rivalry of being the best 2 QBs in the game for over a decade. In terms of ranking QBs post FA/Cap (1994 to present), Brady and Manning are 1 and 2 and everyone else is far behind IMO.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:27 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Manning's arm was always far better, until his final season when he dropped off a cliff.

This. Manning had a great arm when he was younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up