ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 29
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
mkp785 11:25 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only problem is that Fisher's contract only had 1 year left on it.

They could easily go with a stop gap if Fisher were back in 2022 but as of right now, that's only happening if he signs an extension, during an injury year.
You're making a major leap of faith saying that Fisher will be the same. There's a very good chance he'll never be the same player again.

It would help a ton if they can talk Mitchell into 1 more year and he holds RT steady.
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 01-25-2021
Or we could get lucky and have Durant or Rankin develop into the starter there. Thats best case scenario.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 01-25-2021
Hell, call up the Texans and see what they'd take for Tunsil
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 01-25-2021
I think you can forget about getting a legit blue chip type LT for sure. Those go way early, can't get that high.

Look at the developmental type
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you can forget about getting a legit blue chip type LT for sure. Those go way early, can't get that high.

Look at the developmental type
I have to wonder what Taylor Moton is going to cost.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 01-25-2021
I have to wonder what Taylor Moton is going to cost.
I think they'll have to get creative. I like the idea of drafting and developing one, but we'll just have to see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 01-25-2021
I think they'll have to get creative. I like the idea of drafting and developing one, but we'll just have to see.
I don't see them going into next season with a rookie on one side and Niang, who will essentially be a rookie, on the other side.

They need two tackles and at least one of them needs to be a vet, IMO.

I guess we will see.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 01-25-2021
I don't see them going into next season with a rookie on one side and Niang, who will essentially be a rookie, on the other side.

They need two tackles and at least one of them needs to be a vet, IMO.

I guess we will see.
I think so too.

I would be really tempted to shop their first rounder around to some of the teams looking to really rebuild and see if they'd swing a pick for a LT.

The Lions, the Falcons, maybe the Eagles with Dillard.

If you could get one of those guys for 32 and next years 3rd, I'd be interested.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 01-25-2021
So we need to come out of this draft with a center and a tackle. I think guard is good for the most part. Allegretti is probably your LG and barring something drastic happening....LDT is your RG.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:14 AM 01-25-2021
Braden Smith, 2nd round (37)
Dion Dawkins, 2nd round (63)
Andrew Whitworth, 2nd round (55th)
Trent Brown, 7th round
Orlando Brown, Jr., 3rd round (83rd)
La'ell Collins UDFA
Mitchell Schwartz, 2nd round (37)
Terron Armstead, 3rd round (75th)
David Bakhtiar, 4th round (109th)
Taylor Moton, 2nd round (64th)

And that doesn't include guys that were drafted in the 1st but after pick 22 (Duane Brown, Bryan Bulaga, Isaiah Wynn, Anthony Costanzo, Ryan Ramczyk,
Lots of ways to skin the cat. It still all comes down to me to who they feel is the best value in that spot.

If it's a T like Jaylen Mayfield or Teven Jenkins, or a WR like our boy Marshall, or a DE like Azeez or Phillips or Odeyingbo, OK. All work for me.

This is, fortunately, a really good T draft.

I have a bit of inside info on Fisher, apparently he was planning to retire at the end of this current contract but if the Chiefs were gonna give him another contract I doubt he would. He loves it in KC.
I had heard the same on Mitchell Schwartz, actually.

Makes the Niang pick even more interesting. I assume Veach is aware both are mulling retirement rather than extension.

Fisher has been so good for them and so critical to the team's success... I have a feeling they'll try to take care of him in some way. Maybe that means they extend him to reduce this year's cap hit and spread out the cost of cutting him over two years or something like that (or give him the option to see how rehab goes and come back in 2022 for one more year).
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lots of ways to skin the cat. It still all comes down to me to who they feel is the best value in that spot.

If it's a T like Jaylen Mayfield or Teven Jenkins, or a WR like our boy Marshall, or a DE like Azeez or Phillips or Odeyingbo, OK. All work for me.

This is, fortunately, a really good T draft.

I had heard the same on Mitchell Schwartz, actually.

Makes the Niang pick even more interesting. I assume Veach is aware both are mulling retirement rather than extension.

Fisher has been so good for them and so critical to the team's success... I have a feeling they'll try to take care of him in some way. Maybe that means they extend him to reduce this year's cap hit and spread out the cost of cutting him over two years or something like that (or give him the option to see how rehab goes and come back in 2022 for one more year).
Yeah, you gotta figure Niang slots in there somewhere. He was good at LT at TCU, so if he can do it, you put him there IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 01-25-2021
I woudln't be upset trying to keep Osemele around another year or two on a nice cheap deal.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:09 PM 01-25-2021
Why would the Lions want to trade Decker though. I’d assume they’d want to protect whatever QB they end up with.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 PM 01-25-2021
The saints are in cap hell.

Would you trade 32 for armstead?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:01 PM 01-25-2021
The saints are in cap hell.

Would you trade 32 for armstead?
Nope. Last year of his contract so he'll be looking for a big extension.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 29
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up