ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 324
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s why we’re franchising him and not giving him s multiple year extension
If they tag him, they better trade him. 15+ million for him to get hurt is a steep price.

Especially considering the Houston and Berry situations.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:11 AM 02-15-2019
Were it not for Berry, I'm sure they'd keep Ford without a thought. But when the cap gets tight, the microscope resolution gets tighter.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they tag him, they better trade him. 15+ million for him to get hurt is a steep price.

Especially considering the Houston and Berry situations.
Nah it’s only 1 season and he is going to do everything he can to stay on the field so he can get that next deal.

If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. Only 1 year paying him big money and we come out clean in 2020.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:53 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Were it not for Berry, I'm sure they'd keep Ford without a thought. But when the cap gets tight, the microscope resolution gets tighter.
what? you've put the guy down for a long time (13 sacks and 7 FF is just :-) remember?) and now you think they'd keep him at 15 million without a thought if it wasnt for Berry?

man, try to at least be consistent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nah it’s only 1 season and he is going to do everything he can to stay on the field so he can get that next deal.

If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. Only 1 year paying him big money and we come out clean in 2020.
If he gets hurt, that $15M is wasted. We could get 2 players for that money, 2 players that can actually finish an NFL season more than once in a career.

It might be different if it weren't for Houston and Berry but neither of them are going to take a pay cut. That's unicorn rainbows stuff. The Chiefs aren't going to cut either of them, they're just going to suck it up and pay them.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:36 AM 02-15-2019
Cut Berry, restructure Houston, tag Ford.

Cut Ragland and Sorensen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:08 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean I’m kind of guessing here but it sure sounds like it.

He seems to think them using Houston less in coverage means that he was playing DE.
I've seen a bunch of people making posts that indicate they don't really understand the responsibilities or importance of responsibilities in the 3-4 OR the 4-3.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:10 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Cut Berry, restructure Houston, tag Ford.

Cut Ragland and Sorensen.
I am not sure this is possible, but I like the sentiment.

Just think Berry is going to continue to be an albatross. I really, really, really hope he has the Haglund's corrective surgery and we don't have to worry about cutting him, because we are too excited that he has returned to form.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:38 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

If they go that route, it's a great situation as he will have to abandon caution and play lights-out( to the best of his ability ). That means we'll find out just how strong and resilient his body really is, and we should be able to put the guessing game regarding his health to rest.

Originally Posted by SAUTO:
what? you've put the guy down for a long time (13 sacks and 7 FF is just :-) remember?) and now you think they'd keep him at 15 million without a thought if it wasnt for Berry?

man, try to at least be consistent.
I stated what the Chiefs would do. That has nothing to do with what I would do.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:38 PM 02-15-2019
@ByNateTaylor: On this snowy day, according to multiple sources, Sam Madison is a leading candidate to join Steve Spagnuolo’s staff as an assistant in the secondary. Madison was a cornerback under Spagnuolo when the Giants won the 2007 Super Bowl. He could replace Emmitt Thomas.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@ByNateTaylor: On this snowy day, according to multiple sources, Sam Madison is a leading candidate to join Steve Spagnuolo’s staff as an assistant in the secondary. Madison was a cornerback under Spagnuolo when the Giants won the 2007 Super Bowl. He could replace Emmitt Thomas.
I like this. He was a smart player, technically sound.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:40 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If they go that route, it's a great situation as he will have to abandon caution and play lights-out( to the best of his ability ). That means we'll find out just how strong and resilient his body really is, and we should be able to put the guessing game regarding his health to rest.

I stated what the Chiefs would do. That has nothing to do with what I would do.
Well they're obviously light years smarter than you
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:52 PM 02-15-2019
Who the hell is Sam Madison?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Who the hell is Sam Madison?
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:57 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well they're obviously light years smarter than you
They're getting there. Took 'em long enough though.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 324
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up