ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 111
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:08 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Can I just take a second to say that considering how mad some of you were that the Chiefs lost Chris Ballard and promoted Veach that Ballard has NOT been that great at building anything in Indy.
His first draft was pretty damn good, and in fairness to him, I don’t think anyone saw Andrew Luck pulling a Barry Sanders. That significantly set them back.

I think he’s done all right, but after 3-4 years we’ll have a better overall idea.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:10 PM 03-17-2020
Can I just take a second to say that considering how mad some of you were that the Chiefs lost Chris Ballard and promoted Veach that Ballard has NOT been that great at building anything in Indy.
Eh. It's not his fault that Luck abruptly retired.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:19 PM 03-17-2020
I admit to being on this ship for a few weeks. I remember it vividly because it's the first time I've ever been wrong about anything. :-)

Shockingly, later in the same season I was wrong (and you were right) about LeSean McCoy not being active for the Super Bowl. When it rains, it pours.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:33 PM 03-17-2020
Rivers finalizing a deal with the Colts.

They’ll be an interesting team to watch next year, to say the least.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:33 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
His first draft was pretty damn good, and in fairness to him, I don’t think anyone saw Andrew Luck pulling a Barry Sanders. That significantly set them back.

I think he’s done all right, but after 3-4 years we’ll have a better overall idea.
Dude thinks he's Bill Belichick or something stupid.

Spend your money. Your franchise QB was locked up. You had cap space. SPEND IT.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:34 PM 03-17-2020
Luck screwed them but they had a shit ton of cap space and did mostly nothing with it, were wrong on their bust running back and are bringing in Rivers?

Would any of you be happy about that? Meanwhile Veach brought in a bunch of guys we all thought were terrible and turned out to have like a 90% success rate and won a SB.

I mean sure Ballard drafted Quentin Nelson but that was a no-brainer. Rock Ya Sin lookin good? Parris Campbell? I'm not so sure about the future of that franchise.

I guess he's had solid draft picks but free agency woof.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:35 PM 03-17-2020
The Colts fans are about to understand what it looks like for a QB to put up a bad 4,000 yard, 30 TD, 15 Interception season...

Those yards and TDs come in garbage time and those picks come at all the worst times
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:37 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Rivers finalizing a deal with the Colts.

They’ll be an interesting team to watch next year, to say the least.
The changing of the guard is well underway, it’s been an amazing offseason so far
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:47 PM 03-17-2020
It’s just so nice to have this completely different free agent mindset, compared to years past... “where’s our splash signing!” :-) “give us somebody good!11”

Now I’m really just hoping for a great draft, and maybe a couple mid-tier free agents if possible... no splash, no problem... just keep the band together to whatever extent possible
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:57 PM 03-17-2020
I mean, I am in favor of trading Jones but I trust Veach. If he can make it work, he's a fantastic player. I just hope he doesn't get injured.

I am not going against Veach again. I did once when he signed Honey Badger and welp.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:02 PM 03-17-2020
Malcom Jenkins to become a FA
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:04 PM 03-17-2020

Vikings GM Rick Spielman on extending Kirk Cousins: He's "proven he's one of the top quarterbacks in this league" https://t.co/Eyv2SItSbE pic.twitter.com/5OnowckKjS

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) March 17, 2020

expect these comments to be great, they already are
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:09 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It’s just so nice to have this completely different free agent mindset, compared to years past... “where’s our splash signing!” :-) “give us somebody good!11”
If not for PMII we all could have been hoping, dreaming that Brady would come to KC only to have our hearts broken with the signing of Dalton.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:11 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
If not for PMII we all could have been hoping, dreaming that Brady would come to KC only to have our hearts broken with the signing of Dalton.
< shudder >
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:16 PM 03-17-2020

Dolphins and former Eagles' RB Jordan Howard reached agreement on a two-year deal worth north of $10 million, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
Page 22 of 111
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up