ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 692 of 3903
« First < 192592642682688689690691692 69369469569670274279211921692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 10:56 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Holy crap.

21 million fewer cellphone users in China may reveal true death toll

https://metrovoicenews.com/21-millio...-q3O7E7D8NGCo0
It may be due to cancellations of secondary phones, but still alarming.

Also alarming is that the end of the article says that the death rate in Italy is 9%, and that China's reported death rate of 4% was likely underreported. So is this thing really killing nearly 10% instead of the previous 2-3% estimate?
[Reply]
phisherman 10:57 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If that is true, that is serious as fuck and why everyone is flipping out.
Gotta love China and their information suppression. They're going to be the ultimate scapegoat at the end of all this.
[Reply]
Donger 10:58 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If that is true, that is serious as **** and why everyone is flipping out.
It's spreading on rather questionable websites, so I'd talk it a with a large grain of salt.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:00 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Looks like NY is already up to 5,000 today again. Hope it holds under 10,000
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Holy crap.

21 million fewer cellphone users in China may reveal true death toll

https://metrovoicenews.com/21-millio...-q3O7E7D8NGCo0
jesus if this is true its the greatest cover up of human history.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:00 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
California showing 133 new cases today. Keep at it, you guys.
I'm going out (again!) today for goods.

Fortunately, I remembered purchasing N95 masks years ago for a project in my garage and last night, I found one.

We also have a large box of medical gloves and non-N95 masks (my wife has always made everyone in our home wear a mask when sick-I guess it's truly an "Asian" thing), so I'll be wearing both from now on when going out in public until this is over.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
jesus if this is true its the greatest cover up of human history.
Well it's China......it would also explain why they were literally hosing cities with disinfectant.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:05 AM 03-24-2020
actually reasonable explanation for decrease in cell phones is their call farms they have setup. but I'm sure the truth is somewhere between these numbers.
[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Fortunately, I remembered purchasing N95 masks years ago for a project in my garage and last night, I found one.

We also have a large box of medical gloves and non-N95 masks (my wife has always made everyone in our home wear a mask when sick-I guess it's truly an "Asian" thing), so I'll be wearing both from now on when going out in public until this is over.
Nice haul. Just remember that gloves don't do crap if you still touch your face, rub your eyes, pick your nose, etc.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 03-24-2020
If 21 million people are dead, that would mean about 500 million got it and are now immune. I'm gonna say that's not what happened.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:10 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
It may be due to cancellations of secondary phones, but still alarming.

Also alarming is that the end of the article says that the death rate in Italy is 9%, and that China's reported death rate of 4% was likely underreported. So is this thing really killing nearly 10% instead of the previous 2-3% estimate?
It’s hard to get an accurate gauge of the death rate in REPORTED cases (which does look to be slightly above 10%) and it is impossible to get an accurate tabulation when factoring in ALL cases since so many (some reports say up to 50%) are never tested and never added to the numbers. Could be half the reported number, could be 1/100th — we just don’t know and probably never will.

The death rate also seems to be impacted greatly based on if your health care system is overrun, making the use of ventilators a key component to the equation.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:11 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If 21 million people are dead, that would mean about 500 million got it and are now immune. I'm gonna say that's not what happened.
yeah I'm sure 21 Million didnt die, but does anyone believe only 3k died in China.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 03-24-2020
yeah I'm sure 21 Million didnt die, but does anyone believe only 3k died in China.
Very doubtful.

I'm also skeptical on the 80k number of infections. A lot of these numbers are based on reporting and not every country reports similar.

Like Italy's death count. They do it a little different than everywhere else it seems.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 03-24-2020
If we're being fair China likely has the most infections and deaths by far even though their numbers contradict that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:14 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I know I posted before. I found 2 Home Depot maks from painting. Labeled N95. Sent them to my Father in law in Indio. He is so damn hell bent on coming back. So they can use those on the plane.

Wish he would stay in his home in CA instead of coming back to his apartment of old people here.

JUST FOUND OUT-his flight has been cancelled!!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:16 AM 03-24-2020
Check out your state\county social distance score

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard
[Reply]
Page 692 of 3903
« First < 192592642682688689690691692 69369469569670274279211921692 > Last »
Up