ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 324
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It wasn’t just any game. It was the Ravens game that ended up deciding if we got HFA. By far the most important of the year at the time.

Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack aren’t 30. They also haven’t missed 44% of their games the last 4 years like Houston.

Christ almighty. That isn’t worth $21 million.

Just turn his $5.6 million prorated money into a guaranteed bonus and lower his shitty cap hit to $15.5 million and figure out what the **** to do with him in 2020.
Yup. Or just cut him outright June 1 and sign a Brandon Graham plus draft HIS replacement early on.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 09:03 AM 01-28-2019
What is it with you ppl thinking we are only getting a second round pick? Ford led the league in pressures.. Mack got two 1's. I think at the very least we get a late 1st like GB at 30 and another pick the following year. Maybe a 3 or 4 in 2020.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:04 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
What is it with you ppl thinking we are only getting a second round pick? Ford led the league in pressures.. Mack got two 1's. I think at the very least we get a late 1st like GB at 30 and another pick the following year. Maybe a 3 or 4 in 2020.
Is Mack a complete liability against the run?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:05 AM 01-28-2019
A lot of you guys are just emotionally attached to these individual players and aren't seeing 1)the salary cap implications and 2) the weaknesses in their game and how that applies to team defense, especially in a scheme switch.

We're just arguing in circles. We'll see how it shakes out.

What I want most of all is for Spags, Reid, and Veach to all sit down and have Veach say to Spags:
"Ok. Who do you want to keep, who do you like in FA, and what do you need from the draft?"
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:07 AM 01-28-2019
I don't want to see them just sit Jordan Lucas on the bench. He's a good young player and needs to be playing.

If they really are considering going after Landon Collins, then they need to cut Berry post June 1st. Tired of his drama and not knowing if he's going to play one day or another. I liked Berry when he was healthy, but time to move on . . . . .
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:09 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

What I want most of all is for Spags, Reid, and Veach to all sit down and have Veach say to Spags:
"Ok. Who do you want to keep, who do you like in FA, and what do you need from the draft?"
I would imagine that's exactly how it'll happen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:09 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Mack is a complete player. Ford is not. He's one dimensional. Granted, he's very good at the one thing he does do well, but that's it.

Putting him in the same sentence with a player like Mack is laughable.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It wasn’t just any game. It was the Ravens game that ended up deciding if we got HFA. By far the most important of the year at the time.

Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack aren’t 30. They also haven’t missed 44% of their games the last 4 years like Houston.

Christ almighty. That isn’t worth $21 million.

Just turn his $5.6 million prorated money into a guaranteed bonus and lower his shitty cap hit to $15.5 million and figure out what the **** to do with him in 2020.
Well, he also made quite a few game changing plays in that Ravens game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Mack is a complete player. Ford is not. He's one dimensional. Granted, he's very good at the one thing he does do well, but that's it.

Putting him in the same sentence with a player like Mack is laughable.
yeah, everyone just looks at sack totals, but there's a whole lot more to the game.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:11 AM 01-28-2019
1. Completing a tag and trade is going to be difficult IMO.
2. I do think something could be done with Green Bay. They need to make a move, have an extra late first round pick, need a pass rusher, and Ford's position coach now resides in Green Bay.

So give me pick 28 or whatever it is and I'm bricking thrilled if I'm the Chiefs. And before a bunch of you guys start dreaming about trading up, its in the best financial interest of the team to draft two guys they can control for 5 years on the cheap.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A lot of you guys are just emotionally attached to these individual players and aren't seeing 1)the salary cap implications and 2) the weaknesses in their game and how that applies to team defense, especially in a scheme switch.

We're just arguing in circles. We'll see how it shakes out.

Spending crazily on free agents isn't ideal as you just don't know how those guys will transition into your locker room and what not.

The reason they're in this mess is because of drafting like shit. Until that changes, it won't matter
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:13 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
2. I do think something could be done with Green Bay. They need to make a move, have an extra late first round pick, need a pass rusher, and Ford's position coach now resides in Green Bay.

So give me pick 28 or whatever it is and I'm bricking thrilled if I'm the Chiefs. And before a bunch of you guys start dreaming about trading up, its in the best financial interest of the team to draft two guys they can control for 5 years on the cheap.
I agree with this.

Only trade up if you’ve got a Derwin James like situation where someone is falling way too far to pass up on.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 01-28-2019

Yeah, it you can have a couple first rounders and a couple second rounders, that ridiculously cheap labor for the next 4/5 years while you're having to pay some of the guys currently here.

That's what they're gonna have to do.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don't want to see them just sit Jordan Lucas on the bench. He's a good young player and needs to be playing.

If they really are considering going after Landon Collins, then they need to cut Berry post June 1st. Tired of his drama and not knowing if he's going to play one day or another. I liked Berry when he was healthy, but time to move on . . . . .
Collins and Lucas don't play the same position. SS/box safety is more prime Berry years/Sorenson the last few years. So imagine all the blown tackles and blown coverages on TE's and backs in that SS flat not happening anymore.

Lucas/Watts are pretty much FS in my opinion. Centerfielders.

2 deep zones would have both safeties playing the same positions as FS basiclaly.

Cover 3 could be a flip-flop. Cover 4 and they're all essentially CB's.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 01-28-2019

Agree 100%. This is a great defensive draft. You could change your entire team like the Colts did last year.

And you would have $15 million free to spend on a player.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 324
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up