ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 341
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:06 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Sold my rifle on Gunbroker this evening at $1050. After fees It'll come to $1002.

Perfect. As I picked up my Tavor X95 today. This thing is a beauty. Can't wait to take it out to the range.
Cool. Glad everything worked out for you.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:46 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Sold my rifle on Gunbroker this evening at $1050. After fees It'll come to $1002.

Perfect. As I picked up my Tavor X95 today. This thing is a beauty. Can't wait to take it out to the range.
Nice... please tell us how the Tavor shoots!
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:11 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Nice... please tell us how the Tavor shoots!
The benefits of being a police officer. We were slow today so some of us went out to our range and shot it.

Shot 60 rnds out of it without any issues. It was pretty awesome to shoot. It does weigh eight lbs but most of the weight was near your shoulder. Recoil was real light.

The one negative. I didn't rapid fire it but shot several fairly quick. It produced quite a bit of gas blowback at the charging handle area, which went into my face. I'm suppressing it as soon as my suppressor comes in. So, that does worry me.
[Reply]
Munson 03:28 PM 05-31-2017
Ruger AR-556 for $449.99 with free shipping from Palmetto State Armory.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger...ifle-8500.html

Also, they have the Ruger American pistol in 9mm for $249.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger...lack-8605.html
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 03:46 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
Ruger AR-556 for $449.99 with free shipping from Palmetto State Armory.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger...ifle-8500.html

Also, they have the Ruger American pistol in 9mm for $249.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger...lack-8605.html
Lol, just brought my M&P Shield 9mm w/safety home, and now feel ripped off seeing their sale on the M&P Shield .45 without safety.

Normally $450, now $225 with rebate.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:48 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Lol, just brought my M&P Shield 9mm w/safety home, and now feel ripped off seeing their sale on the M&P Shield .45 without safety.
You can easily get that safety removed. That's what I did on my 9c.

And yeah, these bargain prices are annoying when you don't need anything new. Especially the deals on the ARs.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 03:54 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You can easily get that safety removed. That's what I did on my 9c.

And yeah, these bargain prices are annoying when you don't need anything new. Especially the deals on the ARs.
I don't mind the safety. It's just that when I bought the gun earlier this month, the no-safety version was more expensive, and now the .45 no-safety is cheaper than all of them.

But, my thought is that down the road, people will think you're full of shit when you say you could've bought one for that price, and you'll kick yourself for not doing so.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 03:57 PM 05-31-2017
I prefer no safety, but the one on the Shield is low profile and likely won't interfere anyway.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:07 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
I don't mind the safety. It's just that when I bought the gun earlier this month, the no-safety version was more expensive, and now the .45 no-safety is cheaper than all of them.

But, my thought is that down the road, people will think you're full of shit when you say you could've bought one for that price, and you'll kick yourself for not doing so.
I just don't like the idea of an external safety on a carry gun. Unless you train regularly with them, to the point where drawing and flipping the safety is muscle-memory automatic, it's just one more thing you can fuck up in an instantly evolving life or death situation.

I have a beautiful little Sig Commander 1911 that's perfect for carrying, but I almost never use it anymore, and if I do it's only when I'm in the neighborhood.
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:38 PM 05-31-2017
My PSA mags came in today. Not too bad of shipping.

Screw them though...just because.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 05:00 PM 05-31-2017
Welp, just put in for a .45 Shield. Hard not to for the price.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:43 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just don't like the idea of an external safety on a carry gun. Unless you train regularly with them, to the point where drawing and flipping the safety is muscle-memory automatic, it's just one more thing you can **** up in an instantly evolving life or death situation.

I have a beautiful little Sig Commander 1911 that's perfect for carrying, but I almost never use it anymore, and if I do it's only when I'm in the neighborhood.
Yep....I have two carry guns that I alternate between..a SIG P-226 and a Springfield Armory .45.

I love the idea of no safety, but I have found (at least with the Springfield) that when carrying "cocked and locked" and the thumb safety on - when I reach for it, my thumb usually goes straight to the safety.

I carried both in the Army and have trained extensively on "thumb placement". Hell, even with the SIGs, I STILL usually reach for the safety from instinct. But I CAN see the problem with folks who don't regularly train. It's fairly easy to attempt to fire - with the safety on.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:55 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
Yep....I have two carry guns that I alternate between..a SIG P-226 and a Springfield Armory .45.

I love the idea of no safety, but I have found (at least with the Springfield) that when carrying "cocked and locked" and the thumb safety on - when I reach for it, my thumb usually goes straight to the safety.

I carried both in the Army and have trained extensively on "thumb placement". Hell, even with the SIGs, I STILL usually reach for the safety from instinct. But I CAN see the problem with folks who don't regularly train. It's fairly easy to attempt to fire - with the safety on.
I have trained with 1911s enough that I probably would be okay with it, but I've never been in that oh shit! situation.

My regular carry gun is a CZ with a decocker. Personally I think that's the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
srvy 09:13 PM 05-31-2017
The one day I didnt open my PSA sale email and they had the ruger 10/22 semi auto rifle on sale. Now its oos thats a fun rifle great for tree rats.

I couldn't resist on the .45 shield either so now the waiting begins
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:23 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
The one day I didnt open my PSA sale email and they had the ruger 10/22 semi auto rifle on sale. Now its oos thats a fun rifle great for tree rats.

I couldn't resist on the .45 shield either so now the waiting begins
I've been telling my wife we need to get her the 9mm at that price. $215 after rebate.

I've carried the 9mm for a couple years now. Shot a 100% with it last month at qualifications.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 341
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up