ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 50
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:54 PM 12-07-2017
Hmm. That really throws a wrench in things.

I'd say they could go ahead and try out some sort of Batman Beyond storyline but that would require having Affleck stay on as the older Bats. I guess they could kill off Affleck's Wayne and just have Alfred find some young talent to take over the Bat mantle.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:36 PM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hmm. That really throws a wrench in things.

I'd say they could go ahead and try out some sort of Batman Beyond storyline but that would require having Affleck stay on as the older Bats. I guess they could kill off Affleck's Wayne and just have Alfred find some young talent to take over the Bat mantle.
yeah are you fucking kidding me.. Flashpoint? Seriously? That's the big bang they're going to have him go out with? JFC. Should have given him a proper send off and let the rightful heir to the cowl taken over. Anyone who isn't Bruce, Damian, or Grayson would be a fucking joke
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:00 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Yeah, the numbers are not trending well, either domestically or globally. I wonder if this is the movie that leads to the desperately needed changes, or if they will just continue to make bad movies for diminishing returns.
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Looks Affleck will be out soon. Staying on for Flashpoint and Reeves casting his own Batman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ision#/slide/1

Warner Bros. planning to restructure DC Films division...

...The decision for restructuring comes after*Justice League*has brought in just $572 million worldwide, making it the lowest grossing film in the DCEU by almost $100 million. Troubles on*Justice League*first began as an early cut of the film by Zack Snyder was screened for studio executives (which we now know*DID feature the famous black suit for Superman) who were reportedly alarmed by its dark tone, which had been a major criticism of*Man of Steel*and*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice...

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...Gpfbi28UrUP.99
And there it is.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:53 AM 12-08-2017
Another article talking about changes

Originally Posted by :
...This DC “overhaul” is expected to happen by January, and while there’s no guarantee the DC Films arm will be integrated, the fact that Emmerich is considering this as an option speaks to the degree to which WB is unhappy with its DC output so far. The higher-ups are said to be upset with the performance of Justice League, with Variety reporting that it alarmed studio executives early on when they saw Zack Snyder’s vision for the film. Reportedly Snyder’s vision for the villain Steppenwolf was recognized as “faulty” by studio executives, but only so much could be fixed during the reshoots overseen by Joss Whedon.

Variety says there are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie, and the outlet notes that Time Warner—Warner Bros.’ parent company—“is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continued to bring the director back.” So while Snyder maintains a production deal with the studio as he develops The Last Photograph, I wouldn’t necessarily expect him to return to the DCEU anytime soon. ...
http://collider.com/dc-films-restruc...g-geoff-johns/
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:13 AM 12-08-2017
Thank god zach is out
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:13 AM 12-08-2017
Plan on seeing it this weekend.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 12-08-2017
How about you just pick a fucking direction and fucking stick with it? Part of the issue that they've had is that they get a movie half way done and then they change directions on it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:03 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
How about you just pick a ****ing direction and ****ing stick with it? Part of the issue that they've had is that they get a movie half way done and then they change directions on it.
I'm not sure why you'd want to keep anything they've done so far.

Bad writing
Bad choice of going too dark
Bad use of Superman
Bad Villains (how used and/or implemented)
Bad storylines ("Your mommy's name is Martha, too?", wasting the death of Superman early on in the timeline)

Really, what's there to hang onto, outside of the WW movie?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:57 PM 12-08-2017
I like the actors they chose for the roles and hope they stick with them.affleck likely gone but still
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:03 PM 12-08-2017
Now Jon Hamm, is jockeying to be the new Batman
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:42 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Now Jon Hamm, is jockeying to be the new Batman
That would be an awful decision, IMO.

He's Jon Hamm, no matter what role he plays, IMO.

I'd actually rather see someone that can actually act, whether it's Ryan Gosling, or Gyllenhall or even Armie Hammer.

And if Affleck is too "old", what does that make Jon Hamm?
[Reply]
Bowser 08:51 PM 12-08-2017
Never thought of Armie Hammer as Batman. He'd probably knock it out of the park.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:22 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Never thought of Armie Hammer as Batman. He'd probably knock it out of the park.
He’s “kind of” like a present day Brendan Fraser.
[Reply]
007 01:01 AM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He’s “kind of” like a present day Brendan Fraser.
What the hell happened to him anyway. Has he even been in a movie lately?
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:26 AM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm not sure why you'd want to keep anything they've done so far.

Bad writing
Bad choice of going too dark
Bad use of Superman
Bad Villains (how used and/or implemented)
Bad storylines ("Your mommy's name is Martha, too?", wasting the death of Superman early on in the timeline)

Really, what's there to hang onto, outside of the WW movie?
I think the point was Studio interference, The re shoots in Justice League and Suicide squad indicates WB is too panicky and reacting too much to what Marvel and Disney are doing.

Pick a director and back him dont ask Zach Snyder to crush 4 films into 2.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 50
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up