ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2727 of 3903
« First < 1727222726272677271727232724272527262727 272827292730273127372777282732273727 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:32 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
The local prison is wreaking havoc.

Some dumb shit went to work at a retail location not feeling well and within an hour was sent home. Supposedly, said dumb shit and a family member, who works at the prison, went to the next county over and got positive test results within an hour. The retail store is being shut down for a cleaning crew to come in and the shift she exposed is being told to stay home.

I had no idea results could even be had within a few hours.
Yes. Rapid tests can give you a diagnosis in about 15 minutes.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:33 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You can't read all these articles and studies I am sharing with you to back my opinion? It's a shame you think you know it all. I prefer to rely on a body of evidence and decades of known side effects from malaria drugs.

You're so slow you can't even come up with a creative nickname for me and just copied me. ****ing loser!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:33 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
We need more of those in mass at that.

Think about it....you can spread the disease from breathing yet they have to swab your brain to see if you are infected.....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Springfield was having quite a few for a hit but it seems hopefully to have settled a bit
I know that in some places they are jacking up the case count by testing the same person multiple times. If you test positive that's a case. If you test positive again say 10 days later they add that as another case.

That's the word around the water cooler anyway.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 PM 07-27-2020
Strong words
Of course YouTube yanked the video....:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:34 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You didn’t read my articles then dipshit. You’re posting more anecdotal shit.

They’re showing people surviving at better rates given other treatments than when given that drug. It can provide heart failure as a side effect. The patients she “saved” would have likely made it with traditional treatments too instead of risking their health with possible nasty side effects.
Reading between the lines, he's probably been spun up by the conspiracy nonsense breitbart posted about HCQ today.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:50 PM 07-27-2020
So are they expensive, less accurate? Why aren't they testing pro athletes and making them wait for results before letting them into facilities?

Sounds better than trying to keep them in a bubble.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:05 PM 07-27-2020
I always love to check in on this thread and find Pete. Continuing to get owned.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:17 PM 07-27-2020
I like Pete

I like Lewdog

Fuck me that I enjoy dialogue......in a monologue world

Both Pete and Lew kick ass......keep on keeping on boys
[Reply]
ghak99 10:27 PM 07-27-2020
I have purposely been out of the loop. I was just surprised a band aid station out in bfe could get results that fast when we're still hearing about people in much larger areas, that I assume have much better hospitals, having to wait days for results.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:04 AM 07-28-2020
Spain's experience shows that Sweden's Covid approach could have been right all along
At the end of this we may well conclude that countries which attempted total suppression of the virus killed their economies for zero gain

Of all the countries which have imposed lockdown on their citizens, none approached the matters with as much enthusiasm as did Spain. Outdoor exercise was banned, citizens were fined if their dared visit the second-closest pharmacy to their homes and children were allowed no excuse to be out of doors at all. The police set about enforcing the rules with a zealousness matched only by the French: in one town a group of residents were seized upon for trying to get around the ‘no exercise’ rule by taking the same dog for multiple walks...

That is the logic once you establish a policy which puts suppression of a virus above all other economic and social concerns. Once you make a god out of the R-number there is no way out, short of what may well turn out to be an elusive vaccine. Do we want to suppress our lives for a year, five years, 10 years – or even decades, as Sage member Sir Jeremy Farrar suggested last week as a lifespan of the Covid-19 crisis?
There is, and always was, another way: that followed by Sweden (and initially in Britain, too, however much the government now tries to deny it), where it is accepted that Covid-19 will inevitably find some way of working its way through the human population – and that we control it rather than try to stop it, relying on herd immunity eventually to frustrate it.

Yet as Spain’s experience shows, it is far too early to declare the Swedish experiment a failure. Indeed, many "lockdown countries" like Spain, Italy and Britain already have higher death rates than Sweden. At the end of this we may well look back and conclude the virus ended up doing what it was always going to do – kill a small but fairly consistent percentage of citizens across all countries – and that countries which attempted total suppression of the virus killed their economies for zero gain.

http://archive.is/t0r0b#selection-869.0-869.505
[Reply]
jd1020 06:09 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Spain's experience shows that Sweden's Covid approach could have been right all along
At the end of this we may well conclude that countries which attempted total suppression of the virus killed their economies for zero gain

Of all the countries which have imposed lockdown on their citizens, none approached the matters with as much enthusiasm as did Spain. Outdoor exercise was banned, citizens were fined if their dared visit the second-closest pharmacy to their homes and children were allowed no excuse to be out of doors at all. The police set about enforcing the rules with a zealousness matched only by the French: in one town a group of residents were seized upon for trying to get around the ‘no exercise’ rule by taking the same dog for multiple walks...

That is the logic once you establish a policy which puts suppression of a virus above all other economic and social concerns. Once you make a god out of the R-number there is no way out, short of what may well turn out to be an elusive vaccine. Do we want to suppress our lives for a year, five years, 10 years – or even decades, as Sage member Sir Jeremy Farrar suggested last week as a lifespan of the Covid-19 crisis?
There is, and always was, another way: that followed by Sweden (and initially in Britain, too, however much the government now tries to deny it), where it is accepted that Covid-19 will inevitably find some way of working its way through the human population – and that we control it rather than try to stop it, relying on herd immunity eventually to frustrate it.

Yet as Spain’s experience shows, it is far too early to declare the Swedish experiment a failure. Indeed, many "lockdown countries" like Spain, Italy and Britain already have higher death rates than Sweden. At the end of this we may well look back and conclude the virus ended up doing what it was always going to do – kill a small but fairly consistent percentage of citizens across all countries – and that countries which attempted total suppression of the virus killed their economies for zero gain.

http://archive.is/t0r0b#selection-869.0-869.505
Sweden's economy is expected to shrink just as much as neighboring countries while significantly more people died than neighboring countries. Winning?

Wish I knew why people think a country the size of California with 30 million less people in it is some kind of model to follow.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:57 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Sweden's economy is expected to shrink just as much as neighboring countries while significantly more people died than neighboring countries. Winning?

Wish I knew why people think a country the size of California with 30 million less people in it is some kind of model to follow.

I'm in NY. My metropolitan area has 1 million people. I have been wearing a mask for 5 months, businesses and schools were closed and we have 673 deaths per million. Sweden has under 600.

I wish we had followed what they did instead of destroy peoples lives and businesses. We also will see a spike in crime, suicides, heart disease, domestic abuse, child abuse. Oh well, at least we imagined we were achieving something.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:09 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm in NY. My metropolitan area has 1 million people. I have been wearing a mask for 5 months, businesses and schools were closed and we have 673 deaths per million. Sweden has under 600.

I wish we had followed what they did instead of destroy peoples lives and businesses. We also will see a spike in crime, suicides, heart disease, domestic abuse, child abuse. Oh well, at least we imagined we were achieving something.
Once again, Sweden is doing no better than their neighboring countries economically with significantly more dead. They also closed schools and have a good portion of their population self isolating. We can stop pretending they are a success.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:25 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/ima...vid_notice.pdf

ADH requires a person exposed to COVID-19 to complete a 14-day quarantine period, even though they may have a negative test result during the quarantine period.Quarantine of persons known to be exposed to someone with COVID-19 is a key strategy to stopping the spread of the illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Quarantine is used to keep someone who might have been exposed to COVID-19 away from others. Quarantine helps prevent spread of disease that can occur before a person knows they are sick or if they are infected with the virus without feeling symptoms. People in quarantine should stay home, separate themselves from others, monitor their health, and follow directions from their state or local health department.
You are not considered "exposed" unless you are a close contact dude. JFC this isn't complicated, your links even mention the term "contact". You do "contact tracing" only in the event of a close contact and you only quarantine close contacts.

I've only been dealing with this daily for a few months now. Can you imagine if every person who had brief interaction with someone was considered a exposed and had to quarantine? It would be ludicrous which is apparently what you believe.
[Reply]
Page 2727 of 3903
« First < 1727222726272677271727232724272527262727 272827292730273127372777282732273727 > Last »
Up