ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2617 of 3903
« First < 1617211725172567260726132614261526162617 261826192620262126272667271731173617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which virologists and epidemiologists are saying that?
Trevor Bedford or Lipsich had it in that range IIRC. Ionniadis maybe as well.

I'll see if i can find some links.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:01 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Newsflash, Mr. Critical Thinker, you don't have to keep responding to me. :-)
I hope you get COVID and go into respiratory distress. I hope you have a lack of oxygen to your brain for a few minutes, which causes you complete loss of your arms so you can never post on CP again.

I hope a ventilator saves your life though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:02 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Based on what I have read, one thing not discussed enough is the fact the PCR test that is utilized to detect the virus is incapable of ascertaining whether the virus is actually active and capable of transmitting or fragments of the virus that has been defeated by the immune response of the person being tested and therefore of no concern. This has led many to conclude the asymptomatic carriers are actually people that are immune to the virus and hence explains why they are not sick. It is possible we are largely keeping tallies of immune healthy people.
This is why I keep hoping for some kind of instant breathalyzer test. It would only work when the person is actively shedding from their throat - but in some cases (work, stadium, etc) that's the main thing you care about.

Hamas or other smart people who know stuff - is something like this even possible? Are the viral loads too small to trigger any kind of instant reaction? I know they've tested viral load in throat shedding, so at least it can be done somehow.
[Reply]
TLO 02:02 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I hope you get COVID and go into respiratory distress. I hope you have a lack of oxygen to your brain for a few minutes, which causes you complete loss of your arms so you can never post on CP again.

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 02:02 PM 07-15-2020

Of course you do because you're a ****ing cock sucker and everything you accuse me of being. All because I don't agree with everything you say you sensitive little bitch.

I never hoped you had Covid and actually tried to express that many times and this is what I get from you???

**** yourself, lew.
[Reply]
O.city 02:03 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Can you guys imagine the outcome had the White House experts recommended wearing masks at the beginning of the pandemic?

Considering the fact that ****ing toilet paper was sold out all over the country in Mid-March, any and all available masks would have been purchased within a week, leaving medical professionals and caregivers zero options.
Thing with that is that for most of the stuff we use in the medical field, the general population can't get.

You can't go to my dental firms and start ordering stuff without license numbers.

So that woudn't have happened to that large of a degree.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:03 PM 07-15-2020

You write for Hallmark on the side?
[Reply]
O.city 02:04 PM 07-15-2020
I don’t envy you at all.

Stay safe.
Originally Posted by TLO:
+1
Thanks guys. But I'm basically in a damn space suit so I will survive hopefully.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:04 PM 07-15-2020

Tough but fair.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:05 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The effects of radiation are stochastic, meaning that there isn't a linear relationship between absorbed dose and risk. Although this fractionated dose is lower than what you'd get in radiation therapy, the long term risks are not well established, and for a disease with a comparatively low mortality, the risk of secondary malignancies shouldn't be overlooked, especially in younger patients. This was also a Phase I trial, which is a bit odd with radiation because you can't truly assess safety for years, and this information was compiled in weeks.
Seems like the randomness of radiation as a treatment would be a bit.. unethical.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Tough but fair.
Yeah, wishing Covid upon someone is fair. :-)

:-)

****ing idiot

You're always welcome to put me on ignore yourself.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:07 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
JFC Pete - you're as much of a scumbag as you are a dipshit. You're like a Madden 99 of overall suck.

If this whole thread just put Pete on ignore we'd be so much better off (I only saw this because Lew replied). But I guess he's like the dad in the Berenstain Bears - always doing the wrong thing so you know what not to do. Or Goofus vs. Gallant.
That must be the year when Ray Lewis would snap your quarterback's neck after a sack.

Cold.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:09 PM 07-15-2020
Whoa was bearenstien beara always spelled like that?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thing with that is that for most of the stuff we use in the medical field, the general population can't get.

You can't go to my dental firms and start ordering stuff without license numbers.

Then why the US nearly run out of masks?

The national stockpile was nearly depleted in April and since China was locked down, they weren't cranking out new masks, either.
[Reply]
Donger 02:11 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Not N95 masks.
[Reply]
Page 2617 of 3903
« First < 1617211725172567260726132614261526162617 261826192620262126272667271731173617 > Last »
Up