ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 192 of 383
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dunit35 09:49 PM 06-03-2015
After searching for two months I finally went to Wichita to get boulevard zon. Bought me 6-6pks and they are delicious. The two hour drive was well worth it. Also enjoyed a fat tire on tap. Can't get either of those beers in Oklahoma.

Greatest liquor store I've ever been to. Goebel liquor in Wichita. Has over 1600 different beers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:49 PM 06-04-2015
Hit the (chocolate) jackpot lately... Chocolate Oak Yeti, Espresso Yeti, Southern Tier Choklat Oranj, the new Boulevard Chocolate Imperial Stout, Southern Tier Mokah.

Bought a 4 pack of Double Wide IPA for the hell of it, haven't had it in years. The Calling was pretty good, definitely a bump up in terms of quality/smoothness from *Wide, but I've always enjoyed those, too.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:52 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hit the (chocolate) jackpot lately... Chocolate Oak Yeti, Espresso Yeti, Southern Tier Choklat Oranj, the new Boulevard Chocolate Imperial Stout, Southern Tier Mokah.

Bought a 4 pack of Double Wide IPA for the hell of it, haven't had it in years. The Calling was pretty good, definitely a bump up in terms of quality/smoothness from *Wide, but I've always enjoyed those, too.
Take one out to the garage and drink it while you clean those rims!

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:57 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Take one out to the garage and drink it while you clean those rims!

I think all the sideways rain we've had lately is doing a pretty good job keeping that under control.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:00 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think all the sideways rain we've had lately is doing a pretty good job keeping that under control.

It rained here for one whole minute today, I shit you not, one fucking minute. Just enough to dirty spot my black car. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:28 PM 06-04-2015
Had a Sour Monkey and a Grapefruit Sculpin at lunch today.
[Reply]
frankotank 07:32 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
After searching for two months I finally went to Wichita to get boulevard zon. Bought me 6-6pks and they are delicious. The two hour drive was well worth it. Also enjoyed a fat tire on tap. Can't get either of those beers in Oklahoma.

Greatest liquor store I've ever been to. Goebel liquor in Wichita. Has over 1600 different beers.
zon is good....but....showing my alcoholic tendencies here...it's a weak 4.4%.
driving that far you gotta grab at least one 4 pack of Tank 7....8/5% and scrumdillyicious. and while you're at it grab a bottle of Sixth Glass....10.5%.

blvd has some good shizzle. when it's in season Bob's 47....oh my....

BBQ. if there is only one beer in heaven....it will be BBQ. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:33 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had a Sour Monkey and a Grapefruit Sculpin at lunch today.
Is that Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin? I look up suggestions in here at totalwine to see what I could find here in AZ.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:39 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Is that Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin? I look up suggestions in here at totalwine to see what I could find here in AZ.
It is. I had it on tap. They nailed the grapefruit (which I enjoy), but I wished it were hoppier. That said, very nice warm weather drinker.
[Reply]
Shag 07:57 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It is. I had it on tap. They nailed the grapefruit (which I enjoy), but I wished it were hoppier. That said, very nice warm weather drinker.
Personally, while GF Sculpin is tasty, I prefer regular Sculpin. One of my top IPAs, really - too bad it's so damn expensive.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:54 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
zon is good....but....showing my alcoholic tendencies here...it's a weak 4.4%.
driving that far you gotta grab at least one 4 pack of Tank 7....8/5% and scrumdillyicious. and while you're at it grab a bottle of Sixth Glass....10.5%.

blvd has some good shizzle. when it's in season Bob's 47....oh my....

BBQ. if there is only one beer in heaven....it will be BBQ. :-)
I do love me some Tank 7. Luckily, I can get it here, in bottle and one place on tap. I have only been able to get one friend to like it. My friends have vaginas.

Does anybody like the pop up IPA? I'm needing to try it. My uncle doesn't like IPA and said it was pretty good. I haven't liked IPA's either.

I picked up a sixer of New Belgium Skinny dip. Haven't tried it yet. Anybody else?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:07 AM 06-05-2015
Originally Posted by Shag:
Personally, while GF Sculpin is tasty, I prefer regular Sculpin. One of my top IPAs, really - too bad it's so damn expensive.
Pretty much the exact sentiment of the bartender yesterday. I'll have to keep my eye out for Sculpin, the GF was my first Ballast Point.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:01 AM 06-05-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I do love me some Tank 7. Luckily, I can get it here, in bottle and one place on tap. I have only been able to get one friend to like it. My friends have vaginas.

Does anybody like the pop up IPA? I'm needing to try it. My uncle doesn't like IPA and said it was pretty good. I haven't liked IPA's either.

I picked up a sixer of New Belgium Skinny dip. Haven't tried it yet. Anybody else?
IPA's are so diverse. first few times I tried one, many moons ago, I didn't like the first few and therefore assumed this to be true....I don't like IPA's. but honestly it doesn't work that way. some are delicious imo, and some are trash imo.

personally I'm not a big fan of pop up. blvd's The Calling is much better. having said that....maybe you'll like it....maybe you won't.

if you ever get a chance to grab a six of Hopslam do so! it's only released once a year and even getting ONE six pack can sometimes be a big challenge.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:46 AM 06-05-2015
The main thing I didn't like about the IPA I tried, was the feeling of hops bouncing all over my mouth. If I remember right, I liked the taste just not that weird hoppy feeling.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:23 PM 06-18-2015
Finally got the Boulevard Spring Belle down here.

Mainly because I'm a Reaper fanboy, I've become a saison drinker. I mean, I'm not an expert, but if I'm looking to pick up a new beer while at the store, I generally reach for a farmhouse/saison over others. As such, I was excited for this beer. Boulevard? Saison? Yay!

Anyway, I like it quite a bit. It's certainly not Tank 7 or Saison Dupont, but it's tasty. There might be a little TOO much going on with it, in that it gets kind of confusing, presenting a few too many flavors. I have some weird prejudice against beers that overtly advertise adjuncts in them (which I acknowledge is a stupid prejudice), so I kind of expected to not enjoy this beer as much as I did. So yeah. I would drink again.
[Reply]
Page 192 of 383
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Up