ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 301
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Even Wil Myers sucks. 9 career war in almost 7 seasons. That’s gotta he one of the worst performances by a top-5 prospect in the last 25 years
Other Royals draft picks say, hold my beer.
Kyle Zimmer #5
Bubba Starling #5
Christian Colon #4
Luke Hochevar #1
Chris Lubanski #5
Mike Stodolka #4
Jeff Austin #4

Oh, you said Top-5 prospect. Well nonetheless.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:38 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So well that they traded him because they thought he was terrible in the field.
It was the K rate, from what I recall.

Prospectus ran an analysis on the 114 top 10 prospects from the prior 15 years....some made the list multiple times btw......when Myers (4) and Long-toss Bauer (10) were traded winter 2012. Its a rarity when they area. Those traded end up accumulating HALF the war as those kept.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/n...ho-get-traded/

Teams tend to know when to dump.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:40 PM 08-01-2019

Prospectus ran an analysis on the 114 top 10 prospects from the prior 15 years....some made the list multiple times btw......when Myers (4) and Long-toss Bauer (10) were traded winter 2012. Its a rarity when they area. Those traded end up accumulating HALF the war as those kept.

Bauer is sure coming into his own though. He's had a real nice last couple of years. Who knows how good he could have been if he wasn't a massive douchebag though.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:43 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Bauer is sure coming into his own though. He's had a real nice last couple of years. Who knows how good he could have been if he wasn't a massive douchebag though.
Yep. He’s a damn good player.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 08-01-2019

I was referencing Franmil Reyes with that comment.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:10 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I was referencing Franmil Reyes with that comment.
The argument I’ve seen is that the org would have been much better off if Franmil was put at first (especially since they would have had him at a cost-controlled contract for five more years) compared to Hos @ 144m. Especially since Franmil is already on pace for a 40 HR year.

In regards to Myers, Wil has the same exact problem as Franmil on defense (and has been offensively lost this season to boot) but was inked to a 5 year/83 million dollar deal.

I think the complaint is more that there have been some questionable personnel and contract decisions in spite of the Padres being in the midst of a super exciting rebuild.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:16 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The argument I’ve seen is that the org would have been much better off if Franmil was put at first (especially since they would have had him at a cost-controlled contract for five more years) compared to Hos @ 144m. Especially since Franmil is already on pace for a 40 HR year.

In regards to Myers, Wil has the same exact problem as Franmil on defense (and has been offensively lost this season to boot) but was inked to a 5 year/83 million dollar deal.

I think the complaint is more that there have been some questionable personnel and contract decisions in spite of the Padres being in the midst of a super exciting rebuild.
So many problems in the NL could be solved by having the DH.
[Reply]
tk13 04:31 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I won't say it was a fluke, but I will argue we were extremely fortunate that the Red Sox and Yankees were both down during our run and Houston wasn't quite at their pinnacle yet. I'm not so sure the 2015 Royals would have competed for a World Series in the 2019 AL.
Really? You don't think Toronto was any good? That was one of the best offensive teams of this decade. I believe they posted the highest team OPS any team had posted in like 4-5 years. They had the league MVP, three 40 HR guys and an ace who finished 2nd in the Cy Young voting and led the league in ERA.

That Royals team could hurt you 1-9, was effectively the greatest contact hitting team in history. They had over 100 less strikeouts than any other team, and they did it two years in a row. They were the best defensive team in baseball over a 3 year period, and they had one of the greatest bullpens of all time.

There was nothing fluke about that. Now you can argue that's not the team you should build, but they built a team around contact, speed and defense and they were truly great in all of those areas. In terms of contact, defense and bullpen pitching they were probably one of the greatest teams in recent history, if not ever.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:37 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Really? You don't think Toronto was any good? That was one of the best offensive teams of this decade. I believe they posted the highest team OPS any team had posted in like 4-5 years. They had the league MVP, three 40 HR guys and an ace who finished 2nd in the Cy Young voting and led the league in ERA.

That Royals team could hurt you 1-9, was effectively the greatest contact hitting team in history. They had over 100 less strikeouts than any other team, and they did it two years in a row. They were the best defensive team in baseball over a 3 year period, and they had one of the greatest bullpens of all time.

There was nothing fluke about that. Now you can argue that's not the team you should build, but they built a team around contact, speed and defense and they were truly great in all of those areas. In terms of contact, defense and bullpen pitching they were probably one of the greatest teams in recent history, if not ever.
They were awesome.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:03 PM 08-01-2019
So fun to watch.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:34 PM 08-01-2019

kcchiefsus was bitching all through 2015.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:21 PM 08-01-2019

The thrashing of the BlueGays was one of the greatest joys of my entire sports life. Just amazing.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:58 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The thrashing of the BlueGays was one of the greatest joys of my entire sports life. Just amazing.
Hell yeah.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:46 AM 08-02-2019
The mocking of Donaldson will never be forgotten.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:09 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
They still blame the amish kid as the reason they lost the series.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 301
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Up