ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 662
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192592 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
WebGem 11:27 PM 02-26-2011
I literally hate seeing Bisping win 20x more than I hate seeing my favorite fighters lose
[Reply]
WebGem 11:29 PM 02-26-2011
:-) @ that draw decision #cmonman
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:37 PM 02-26-2011
Originally Posted by WebGem:
:-) @ that draw decision #cmonman
Screw the rematch. They just need to chalk that one up for Fitch and give him the title shot. Everyone including BJ knows who won that fight.
[Reply]
WebGem 11:40 PM 02-26-2011
Aight nobody else is here see y'all tomorrow

GO FUCKING CHIEFS
[Reply]
TheGuardian 12:53 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by WebGem:
Ummm, what the hell are you guys talking about? If you look at his 3 losses (Evans, Hendo, Silva) he was a decent sized underdog in all 3. I'd say he was a 'big' underdog (probably +200 to +280) in the first two and was probably about +140 to +160 in the Silva fight? So you're telling me a guy who's won every other fight outside of 3 that he was a decent to huge sized dog is 50/50 against anyone that he's not a big underdog against? lmfao! And don't give me any 'that was then, this is now' bullshit because that's just not true. I hate the guy too and I want Rivera to knock him the **** out but there's no way you can call this fight a coinflip.

So hopefully Rivera does win so Guardian can come back and be results oriented act like that proves I'm wrong when it's something that's not really debatable. That'll at least make me laugh.
He lost against Hamill. I think we all know that. And he hasn't beaten any top tier fighters. Until he does, he's a second tier fighter.

And he won that fight last night off of an illegal knee then acted like a first class scumbag afterwards. I hope someone ends his career soon.
[Reply]
WebGem 07:32 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
He lost against Hamill. I think we all know that. And he hasn't beaten any top tier fighters. Until he does, he's a second tier fighter.

And he won that fight last night off of an illegal knee then acted like a first class scumbag afterwards. I hope someone ends his career soon.
I never said he's a top tier fighter. Why don't you re-read everything and then post again.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 07:39 PM 02-27-2011

He sure did. That was a bullshit decision. Home town referees at work.

Here we go.
I still remember this vividly. An all time favorite. :-)

[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:58 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:
He sure did. That was a bullshit decision. Home town referees at work.

Here we go.
I still remember this vividly. An all time favorite. :-)

hah hah!

I watched that today. The whole fight. I forgot what a stupid fucking fighter Bisping is. He circled into Hendo's power hand the whole match.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:10 PM 02-27-2011
I'm a big BJ Penn fan, my buddy hates him. Even he respected that fact that BJ basically acknowledged that Fitch probably won that fight. I'm not sure why BJ tried to beat Fitch at his own game. It caught him off guard at first, and was working well... but when Fitch adjusted, BJ should have backed off of it... and played to his own strengths. (Stay of the cage, box him... defend takedowns)

As much as I love BJ, I think he's about done. Not physically... his heart just doesn't seem to be in it any more. You could tell that from the post fight interview. He almost seems to be looking for a reason to retire.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:12 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I'm a big BJ Penn fan, my buddy hates him. Even he respected that fact that BJ basically acknowledged that Fitch probably won that fight. I'm not sure why BJ tried to beat Fitch at his own game. It caught him off guard at first, and was working well... but when Fitch adjusted, BJ should have backed off of it... and played to his own strengths. (Stay of the cage, box him... defend takedowns)

As much as I love BJ, I think he's about done. Not physically... his heart just doesn't seem to be in it any more. You could tell that from the post fight interview. He almost seems to be looking for a reason to retire.
He was by far the most talented BJJ practitioner in the UFC when he was in his prime. He's got a different pedigree than most fighters I think and that makes a difference. He was raised wealthy, that's kind of rare in the fight game.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:11 AM 02-28-2011
I don't think it's any of that.

BJ was great a few years ago but the fact is, competition eventually catches up to you if you're not a really tireless worker. BJ isn't a top tier guy and hasn't been for a while, but his rep still carries him as one. I mean, he just lost to Fitch who doesn't finish ANYONE and is as boring a fighter as there is in UFC. He got demolished by GSP, beat twice by Edgar. He's not one of the top 3 guys in his weight class(es) anymore.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:03 AM 02-28-2011

BJ was great a few years ago but the fact is, competition eventually catches up to you if you're not a really tireless worker. BJ isn't a top tier guy and hasn't been for a while, but his rep still carries him as one. I mean, he just lost to Fitch who doesn't finish ANYONE and is as boring a fighter as there is in UFC. He got demolished by GSP, beat twice by Edgar. He's not one of the top 3 guys in his weight class(es) anymore.
I couldn't bring myself to buy that PPV. I am fairly certain that it didn't matter who won either of those fights. Bisping will not beat Anderson Silva if he gets a shot, and both Penn and Fitch have been roughed up by GSP already.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:44 AM 02-28-2011

Time catches up to everyone. Hughes, apparently Fedor, Chuck. It eventually even caught Randy.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:01 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Time catches up to everyone. Hughes, apparently Fedor, Chuck. It eventually even caught Randy.
It would be badass to see Randy pull out one last one and take out Machida.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:33 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It would be badass to see Randy pull out one last one and take out Machida.
That would be the shit, if he can take him down I think he may win but it will be a boring fight if thats how it goes. More likely Machida will stay on his horse and run away, defend the shot and stay out of the clinch taking pot shots.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 662
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192592 > Last »
Up