ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When should Spags be fired?
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 10-15-2019
Call it an overreaction if youd like. The he was brought in to improve the defense and it's only gotten worse. Even in our 4 wins the defense wasnt better than last year for the most part.

If Booker/Lindsay go for over 180 rushing like 4 other teams have against us, and Rodgers & Co. come in and out up 30 it's time to pull the plug on this clown.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:10 PM 10-16-2019
I wouldn't fire Spags during this season, but if the defense finishes anywhere near the bottom and it costs us another big playoff collapse. You bring in someone new for 2020.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:24 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’ve said this over and over and people still don’t get it.

Did Martindale go from great to awful in one year too?
No you didnt. You claimed Veach was a good GM and got us talent.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:11 PM 10-16-2019
I would have preferred staying in a 3-4 and bringing in a LB, S and CB.

Now that they switched and gutted the roster for players that would fit in the new system you have to stick with it at least two years.

Switching DCs and systems and letting them bring in "their " players just kills overall development and leaves you with players who don't fit, dead cap space, more learning curves and the inability to use resources on offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No you didnt. You claimed Veach was a good GM and got us talent.
What the fuck are you talking about Veach for? We’re talking about Spags and DC’s. I never once said that this defense was even close to complete. Just because I expected improvement doesn’t mean I thought we had the talent for a top 10 defense. I said top 15-20 was the best we could hope for in year 1 of a complete rebuild. Stop fucking putting words in my mouth faggot. I don’t deal in terms of suck or great with nothing in between like your retarded ass.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:52 PM 10-16-2019
Been a rough couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 10-16-2019
It's all a bunch of nonsense anyway. Just what kind of DC is going to be available at week 6 of the regular season? Just how many DCs better than Spags are out there looking for a job? You realize that prior to the season, Spags was considered one of the top ten DCs in the league, right? And that there are typically less than 7 really exceptional DCs in the league at any time? The rest are JAGs or worse.

Unless Greg Manusky is waiting at home for a call, I think any move right now is 100% going to be a downward move.

We're better off seeing what this defense is capable of by the end of the next season, when hopefully most of the players are healthy and on the field. Even then we might want to stand pat, unless Wade Phillips or someone on that level becomes available.
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:43 PM 10-16-2019
Top defensive coordinators in the league?? Please post this information wherever you found it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:58 PM 10-16-2019
Can we put a call in to Ray Lewis just to see if he's interested???
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:04 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Top defensive coordinators in the league?? Please post this information wherever you found it.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nators-in-2017

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...6-471c6ab1ee4c

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...teve-spagnuolo

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ailable#slide9
[Reply]
BossChief 07:05 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's all a bunch of nonsense anyway. Just what kind of DC is going to be available at week 6 of the regular season? Just how many DCs better than Spags are out there looking for a job? You realize that prior to the season, Spags was considered one of the top ten DCs in the league, right? And that there are typically less than 7 really exceptional DCs in the league at any time? The rest are JAGs or worse.

Unless Grag Manusky is waiting at home for a call, I think any move right now is 100% going to be a downward move.

We're better off seeing what this defense is capable of by the end of the next season, when hopefully most of the players are healthy and on the field. Even then we might want to stand pat, unless Wade Phillips or someone on that level becomes available.
Ron Rivera
[Reply]
staylor26 07:06 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ron Rivera
The Panthers have turned their season around. He’s not getting fired.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:12 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ron Rivera
How about a DC that is actually available . . . if we want to just wish for someone we might as well say Dick LaBeau when he was 50, or Buddy Ryan if he wasn't dead . . .
[Reply]
chiefsfan15 07:16 PM 10-16-2019
blaming the defensive coordinator for the total lack of any talent in the defensive personnel is soooooo last year
[Reply]
BossChief 07:20 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Panthers have turned their season around. He’s not getting fired.
I said I think Spags deserves 2 seasons with all the changeover. I mentioned Rivera because he’s the guy is love to have if Spags can’t get the unit turned around. If Spags defense has given up at the end of this year, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull that trigger early, but I expect to see improvement by then.

My hope is that Rivera becomes available when we have a need and he takes over for Spags.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:26 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
How about a DC that is actually available . . . if we want to just wish for someone we might as well say Dick LaBeau when he was 50, or Buddy Ryan if he wasn't dead . . .
Lol

Do you think Andy and Veach would even consider firing Spags after 6 games?

After their star player has dealt with multiple injuries
When their other star DL hurt
Another DT went on IR
His MLB is hurt
One of his corners just came off suspension

This big of a defensive overhaul is going to take time.

No way would they even consider firing Spag until he’s been given a legit shot at doing the job they hired him for.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up