ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlovsky implores NFL owners to fix officiating 'epidemic'
iDeaL 09:06 AM 10-15-2019

Edit: In case you can't see the embedded video: https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27849969

He's right, you know...
[Reply]
JakeF 12:25 AM 10-17-2019
How do you fix it? You can bet your ass if the owners knew how they would do it. They won't want to deal with all these shit.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:35 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
How do you fix it? You can bet your ass if the owners knew how they would do it. They won't want to deal with all these shit.
Wont?...they dont care if it makes them $200+ mil for doing nothing. They literally do nothing but have luncheons a few times year.

This is why they let Kraft/Goodell have carte blanche...if that new money goes away...they will take notice.

Are fans so disconnected that dont understand how much money $230 million a year is...every year? Would you give a shit...for the sake of winning some low-brow football game?

Since Reid took over the Chiefs...Clark has made almost 1.5 billion...as has the owner of the Browns...and watched their franchises value skyrocket.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:41 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Wont?...they dont care if it makes them $200 mil for doing nothing. They literally do nothing but have luncheons a few times year.

This is why they let Kraft/Goodell have carte blanche...if that new money goes away...they will take notice.
bad typing, should be *don't want to deal with all these shit*

They want to rake in the money and be left alone. They can't do that with constant problems with rules and officiating.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:05 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by lmccluer:
I have seen this more and more thus year, and in fact was complaining out loud during the Packers game. Why can runners (even the Chiefs, my team) lower their heads, and plow head first into a defender? Why is that not the same as what they call on a defender? It’s freaking ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
At the root of it, the only thing that matters, is because the NFL wants games with 70-90 points scored. If they need to defend another pro-Offense rule, they'll call it "player safety" (can't hardly touch a QB), if it would lower score, they ignore it (ending the crossing route to avoid hard hits).
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:14 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
A person can claim conspiracy or incompetence or unconscious bias or simply that the game has become too complicated.

While I think more than one of those things exist, I think a very simple answer is that the game has become too complicated. Because we now have instant replay and reviews, we have to make the rules more and more precise, which them makes every play a penaltyfest. The officials call the ones that are blatant or that they think they should call ('he touched Tom!') and leave others alone. No wonder everyone is dissatisfied.

They need to simplify the rules. Allow holding on both offense and defense, but then give the other side some other rules concession to combat it. Make fewer things penalties and you'll call fewer penalties.

Holding calls are 75 percent of the problem these days if you really look at it, particularly defensive holding, and the other 25 percent is personal fouls and pass interference. No one complains about offsides or illegal motion or any of the other 500 rules in the book. So addressing those calls and finding a solution other than calling a penalty is the key.

The game is rapidly becoming unwatchable. I bet 25 to 35 percent of the Chiefs' offensive plays in the first quarter last week were nullified due to penalties. No one wants to watch that.
I think that NFL refs should be required to answer questions in a press conference after each game. They should have to publicly answer for every questionable or flat out wrong call they made, and their names should be published in every article along with their excuses for bad, questionable, or blown calls.

Right now they are free to make bad calls without any repercussions. If the refs that missed the PI call against the Saints had to answer for their blatant incompetence, and their names were included in every article written about that game since then, and their public and professional reputations suffered because they would forever be linked to the scandal of that non-call, maybe all refs would have a reason to get better at their jobs.

Right now they can blatantly manipulate the outcome of a game, and walk out of the stadium in street clothes, and return to living their lives in anonymity, so they have no reason to do their jobs better.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:22 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think that NFL refs should be required to answer questions in a press conference after each game. They should have to publicly answer for every questionable or flat out wrong call they made, and their names should be published in every article along with their excuses for bad, questionable, or blown calls.

Right now they are free to make bad calls without any repercussions. If the refs that missed the PI call against the Saints had to answer for their blatant incompetence, and their names were included in every article written about that game since then, and their public and professional reputations suffered because they would forever be linked to the scandal of that non-call, maybe all refs would have a reason to get better at their jobs.

Right now they can blatantly manipulate the outcome of a game, and walk out of the stadium in street clothes, and return to living their lives in anonymity, so they have no reason to do their jobs better.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yep. For a league that calls the number of the man that just fucked-up, not that that's wrong, SHOULD have the officials identified, and visibly penalized for making mistakes. And mistakes SHOULD be missed holds when an O-lineman grabs or tugs the jersey of a rusher, no differently than they call on the D when they tug a WR's jersey.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up