ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlovsky implores NFL owners to fix officiating 'epidemic'
iDeaL 09:06 AM 10-15-2019

Edit: In case you can't see the embedded video: https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27849969

He's right, you know...
[Reply]
Dayze 07:39 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I've said it numerous times in other threads,go to a site like scores and odds on Sunday morning and write down the Vegas odds(point spread and total points) then click on expand details and check the betting percentages(money lines,spreads,totals).

Then keep up with as many games as possible or watch the highlight shows etc. and compare how some of these atrocious calls are affecting certain games outcomes.

Bottom line,gambling is at the heart of this whole mess and if you think that's going to change you're blind.In fact it's growing by the day as states all over are legalizing sports gambling.
I did this last year for one week or two after reading your posts, and you're correct...there is some 'questionable' stuff going on. It's like clockwork when you're paying attention.
[Reply]
scho63 08:20 AM 10-16-2019
The Chiefs will probably be flagged for illegal motion while getting on the team plane for Denver.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:42 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
While that really suggests a huge conspiracy, at this point the fan base may need to go there in order for the truth (whatever it is) to come out and explain why the officiating has apparently gotten so bad and biased.

And, honestly, with the "****ed" (by seeming ridiculous calls) owner staying publicly silent, is sure makes them appear to not care (to their fans). And, with players and coaches barfing-up the party line after each ****ing, it sure seems like they don't care enough. I get the players toeing the line, they'll be fined then possibly out of work (if they're not a Manning or Brady), but the owners should have nothing to fear, so their silence is a lot more suspect.
I realize what it suggests but in the big picture with the asinine money that is flowing do you really think owners and/or most players really care about a trophy?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:16 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some of those guys are lawyers and shit.
All the more reason to hate them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:37 AM 10-16-2019
I realize what it suggests but in the big picture with the asinine money that is flowing do you really think owners and/or most players really care about a trophy?
No. That's one reason people around here sometime talk mean to me (:-)), I don't think Clark really cares too much as long as the annual check keeps rolling in, fans pay $60 to park, Arrowhead is spoken of very highly as one of the NFL's "Great stadiums", and the stands are full. Honestly I think he'd like a trophy, but not at the expense of indirect cash lining his pockets.

If he did care, IMO, we would have seen at least one blow-up in the years he's been in control.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:38 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
All the more reason to hate them.
Quality post...
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:58 AM 10-16-2019
Oddly, I was going to suggest the opposite. If you're making huge money, do you really care about another million? It's not going to change your life. So I would think that you would start looking for other worlds to conquer.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:05 PM 10-16-2019
In minor league baseball (The Atlantic League) they have experimented this past year with robot umpires using software provided by Trackman. They're real umpires but have an earpiece that will tell them balls and strikes. Home plate umpires continue to rule on check swings, foul tips, catcher’s interference and plays at the plate.

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-1st...p-01dfgwjrd29f

I don't see why they cannot have a ref in a skybox with monitors and an direct earpiece to the head umpire. Such as the case Monday when Lions DB Tracy Walker was flagged for unnecessary roughness when on replay you could easily see he was trying to intercept the ball and was not making a hit on the receiver. Of course we are all aware of the two "Hands to the Face" calls that were phantom, and could of been corrected. If the TV announcers have enough time to comment about the incorrectness of the calls, a booth reviewer has enough time to tell the ref, pick up the flag, it's not roughing, or hands to the face.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:17 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
In minor league baseball (The Atlantic League) they have experimented this past year with robot umpires using software provided by Trackman. They're real umpires but have an earpiece that will tell them balls and strikes. Home plate umpires continue to rule on check swings, foul tips, catcher’s interference and plays at the plate.

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-1st...p-01dfgwjrd29f

I don't see why they cannot have a ref in a skybox with monitors and an direct earpiece to the head umpire. Such as the case Monday when Lions DB Tracy Walker was flagged for unnecessary roughness when on replay you could easily see he was trying to intercept the ball and was not making a hit on the receiver. Of course we are all aware of the two "Hands to the Face" calls that were phantom, and could of been corrected. If the TV announcers have enough time to comment about the incorrectness of the calls, a booth reviewer has enough time to tell the ref, pick up the flag, it's not roughing, or hands to the face.

Sadly they explained that it's up to the defence to ensure helmet-to-helmet doesn't happen. Another anti-D rule, shocking. Meanwhile every RB I the league lowers his head and rams the line with the crown of his Hemet hitting defenders who are helpless as they are already engaged with a man trying to block him.

NFL things.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:50 PM 10-16-2019
What is every teams cut of TV money annually? 150M?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 10-16-2019
Ultimately, the fix is to call less penalties. The more flags that are thrown, the less watchable the games are. 98% of the time the officials get the call right on the field anyway.

Get rid of replay. And at least half the time they go to replay, they get it wrong anyway, which is when it becomes the most aggravating.

Let the game be decided on the field between the teams/players.
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:25 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Oddly, I was going to suggest the opposite. If you're making huge money, do you really care about another million? It's not going to change your life. So I would think that you would start looking for other worlds to conquer.
Jones and Kraft both have investments in Draft Kings daily fantasy sports which raked in over 200 million last year..I think to most of the owners enough will never be enough.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:37 PM 10-16-2019
No official or game is gonna get played out played perfectly and someone will always complain but this has been going down hill for awhile and the only fix is stop throwing so many flags.
This will lead to less complaining and make games more watchable. One of the reasons for increase in penalties started with the nfl wanting more points so they went to the illegal contact and increased flags on the dbacks in general. The hope was players would adjust and this would lead to weak coverage and more yards and points. The problem is no player is gonna just going to lay off and and get beat over and over. They are coached to be physical. I don’t don’t care about weak grabs and bumps down the field.
The other thing that needs to go is the yearly calls that get emphasized. That’s just literally the refs to call more flags on for this particular reason and they go nuts. It’s like a cop who doesn’t write enough tickets for a certain reason or meet a “quota.”
I don’t how many people watch much nba but the regular season can be unwatchable at times because they call so many fouls. In the playoffs (especially a game 7) they seem to back of the calls andjuat the teams play and it’s so much more enjoyable. If sports as whole would make a point to let the guys play and only call the obvious ones that they CLEARLY see then the game would be better.
The other thing that I think is getting worse is that players are working officials for more calls and it’s starting to look like flopping in soccer at times. These refs throw flags they may not see well but once they see a certain reaction some throw a flag assuming the guy went down or was turned because of holding. Look at the illegal contact player in the pack game. The players head went back and the ref so flowers hand close to the face mask so he called it. He couldn’t have actually seen something that didn’t happen, just assumed it must have based on the action. If you can’t say you definitely saw it then don’t call it.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 07:03 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know what the fix is, but the fact remains that we're seeing far too many games being negatively impacted by flawed officiating. It's to the point that millions of fans are noticing and talking about it.

And it's more than just bad calls. Bad calls have always been a part of the game. In all professional sports, for that matter. Now we're not only getting bad calls, but also violations of the rules by officials. That shouldn't happen. That has to stop immediately.
"Forward progress".... Chiefs eliminated from playoffs
"Offsides".... Chiefs eliminated from the Superbowl
[Reply]
lmccluer 09:02 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Sadly they explained that it's up to the defence to ensure helmet-to-helmet doesn't happen. Another anti-D rule, shocking. Meanwhile every RB I the league lowers his head and rams the line with the crown of his Hemet hitting defenders who are helpless as they are already engaged with a man trying to block him.

NFL things.

I have seen this more and more thus year, and in fact was complaining out loud during the Packers game. Why can runners (even the Chiefs, my team) lower their heads, and plow head first into a defender? Why is that not the same as what they call on a defender? It’s freaking ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up