ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:41 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
They were an incredible insult to grunge music. Comparing them to nirvana is like comparing whitesnake to led zeppelin.
Woah, let’s not act like Nirvana is even remotely on Zepp’s level - and I’m not even huge Zepp fan. Cobain couldn’t shine Page’s guitar.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:13 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Grunge was an incredible insult to music.
Hates grunge, likes Nickelback.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:18 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I get the sameness and cliche criticisms, but I've heard a lot worse music than Nickelback.
It wasn't terrible or hard to listen to but if you'd never heard a Nickelback song you could hear the first line and accurately predict the next. It was cliche, uninspired, and feel-good-pop.

It wasn't all bad. There's a few songs I actually like...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:02 PM 02-09-2019
I've liked a handful of their songs. Far Away, How You Remind Me, Photograph, and Savin' Me.

Savin' Me actually has a really cool concept for its music video.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02-09-2019, 07:37 PM
This message has been deleted by MTG#10.
BWillie 09:34 PM 02-09-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
Because its the trendy thing to do. They have some of the best rock hooks from their era. For some reason, if you like Nickelback you are equated to having low intelligence.

I dont really even like them much - but its quite amusing how they are ridiculed for no reason other than cultlike fickle thinking.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:00 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
:-)
[Reply]
GayFrogs 12:57 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Didn't realize he was the OP until now...fuck :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 01:11 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
One song, sure.

Do you disapprove of my musical taste? Well.... good.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:13 AM 02-10-2019
i dunno it was like creed and nickleback were still being played when videos were on MTV and Buzzworthy songs would be like Tribe Called quest/Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Jurassic 5/Stone Temple Pilots/tool it would be fresh. Then the soundtracks the songs at the mall all that shit started to be creed/nickleback/uncle kracker and it got under peoples skin but there was no twitter. So the shit was stewing for awhile and then when the hate exploded everyone with a twinge of hate for butt rock just stewed shit at them. I like a couple nickleback songs that are just hard fast just dumb rock music the ballads are garbage. Also Chad married Avril Lavine? Or whoever and she was the poser of poserish alt trash poser child ever. A cartoon of what the ALT LEFT ANGST was supposed to be at that time. The whole thing was a mess. Nickleback still makes a shit ton of money I bet though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:14 AM 02-10-2019
I worked at blockbuster for 5 years and we had trailor tapes that we played over and over and over again and there were probably 5 or 6 nickeback creed terrible songs, but the worst was for spiderman two Chad Kroger and Joey Scott from Saliva. Good God. Terrible. I don't know how but I think Seether is above some other butt rock.
[Reply]
Fish 10:42 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I wouldn't go that far but Whitesnake's albums before Tawny Kitaen are really good. Heavy blues rock that is a mashup of Zeppelin and Purple. The main reason people compare them to Led Zeppelin is because "Still of the Night" has a similar structure to "Black Dog". But meh - Fleetwood Mac and Nazareth also did similar songs and nobody compares them to Zeppelin.
No, I was joking...
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:32 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I don't really think Coverdale sounds all that much like Plant but - okay.
IMO from that era if there was any comparison I'd have to go with Zebra from a band comparison

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:28 PM 02-10-2019
One song, sure.

Do you disapprove of my musical taste? Well.... good.
I always suspected you liked Nickleback.

Thanks for confirming.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:38 PM 02-10-2019
I dig their hard edge naughty side

You looked cuter with something in your mouth.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:41 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I dig their hard edge naughty side

You looked cuter with something in your mouth.
They’re the DeBerg thread of bands.....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up