ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever been to Tahoe?
loochy 10:25 AM 05-16-2018
We're discussing a potential trip to Lake Tahoe during the last week of August or first week of September (me + wife + 3 year old). Has anyone been during non-ski season? Tell me about it.
[Reply]
KC Dan 10:31 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
We're discussing a potential trip to Lake Tahoe during the last week of August or first week of September (me + wife + 3 year old). Has anyone been during non-ski season? Tell me about it.
Very nice then but the HOTTEST SAND I've ever stepped on that time of year. I mean the hottest in the world...But a good time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:34 AM 05-16-2018
I think Mark Twain went to Tahoe. I read about his experiences.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:34 AM 05-16-2018
No help here....always wanted to go though.
[Reply]
loochy 10:36 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Very nice then but the HOTTEST SAND I've ever stepped on that time of year. I mean the hottest in the world...But a good time.
I guess the altitude + sun can warm it up in a hurry? I'll keep that in mind if we go to the beach with the kiddo.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
loochy 10:37 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think Mark Twain went to Tahoe. I read about his experiences.
He said about it: "surely the fairest picture the whole world affords"
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:41 AM 05-16-2018
The Donner party was near there.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:47 AM 05-16-2018
We spent most of a day there (flew into Reno, ultimate destination Yosemite). It's beautiful. Can't really speak to accommodations, though, because we didn't stay there. Just drove around the lake and took a steamboat cruise to Emerald Bay. Wish we'd had a little more time there.
[Reply]
loochy 10:49 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We spent most of a day there (flew into Reno, ultimate destination Yosemite). It's beautiful. Can't really speak to accommodations, though, because we didn't stay there. Just drove around the lake and took a steamboat cruise to Emerald Bay. Wish we'd had a little more time there.
We'll probably do a VRBO cabin/house.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 05-16-2018
Depends on what side you're visiting.
[Reply]
loochy 11:00 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Depends on what side you're visiting.
What side should I visit? This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. The Tahoe/south side or the Truckee/north side?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:07 AM 05-16-2018
Not sure if the catamaran is still running but it’s a great way to take in the lake and surrounding scenery.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:09 AM 05-16-2018
I haven't! I'm glad you're going though. Have fun with your family - You seem especially nice to me.
[Reply]
burt 11:16 AM 05-16-2018
Has anyone been during non-ski season? Tell me about it.
yes. no.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:16 AM 05-16-2018
What side should I visit? This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. The Tahoe/south side or the Truckee/north side?
South side is your more touristy spot. There are going to be a ton of hotels and a TON of people.

North side is still a tourist destination but it's more "small town" and has more of a rural vibe....IMO.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up