ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 92
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
notorious 12:37 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
And quite frankly, why does ANY opposing fan give a shit what ChiefsPlanet thinks of their team? You want validation? Well, then you better hope your team wins on Sunday. That should be all the validation that is needed.
Bingo
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:38 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It's so weird to me. Honestly, you are on a Chiefs Fan message board....seeking to do what, exactly? Have legit football convo about the X's & O's of the game? Nah, you are here to get opposing fans to validate your team. It's that simple, and it's pathetically insecure, IMO.
Browns fans were far better at knowing exactly what their team was this season, being fully aware of weaknesses, and knowing their team is still at least a year away.

For the most part, they were here to basically see what we were saying and talk match ups.... and sure, there's always going to be some level of "I don't think you know how much so and so has improved" or whatever, but it also wasn't "Mayfield is basically Mahomes at this point" and trying to shove stats and narratives down our throats.

I miss Browns Week, they were cool.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, it's the ones that call us "arrogant" that got it started for me.

They come here telling us over and over how their team is this, and their QB is that, and all these stats and scores and everything and then think they can say "but the Chiefs probably win" and that makes US arrogant and them...what, "realistic?"

The passive-aggressive behavior is just ridiculous.
I get it.

I don't really care if they view us as arrogant here in CP. They're over there upset that some of their posters that dropped in here this week got the CP hello ("drink anitfreeze!" etc.), and the usual CP-ese, and didn't get that most of that stuff is just tradition.

And if I'm going to be perfectly honest, there are times I purposefully post "arrogant" things. Sometimes because I'm hoping someone will call me out because I think it's funny, and sometimes just because I'm bored.

But they also don't get, understandably, just how bad the trolling in here was for the last two seasons. Every single week it was a new batch of trollsters in here yapping like chihuahuas in heat, and it got under our skin to a certain extent.

It's made some of a little defensive, i guess, and I get that.

They're basically virgins to being fans of a successful team. It's going to go to their heads a bit, and some are going to handle it poorly. i try to keep that in mind when they pop up.

But I got annoyed when one of them piped up with the whole "asterisk" thing. That was utter nonsense, and purposeful trolling.

But this morning I realized it's what we should expect. They're fans of a team that just this season has been really successful. Their first AFC-E title in thirty years? A real QB after the same period of time? Playing in their first AFCCG in about the same time?

They're extremely emotional (who wouldn't be with their team's history?), so they're kind of reaching for any argument to validate their team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Browns fans were far better at knowing exactly what their team was this season, being fully aware of weaknesses, and knowing their team is still at least a year away.

For the most part, they were here to basically see what we were saying and talk match ups.... and sure, there's always going to be some level of "I don't think you know how much so and so has improved" or whatever, but it also wasn't "Mayfield is basically Mahomes at this point" and trying to shove stats and narratives down our throats.

I miss Browns Week, they were cool.
Look at this way.

How many of us went to Patriots forums in 2018 and proclaimed the stuff the Bills fans are spouting here? How many of us said upstart Mahomes was better than Tom Brady and posted mountains of stats to prove it? I mean a couple of them are posting dozens of posts a day. I certainly hope no CP'ers do that shit.

And you can't back that off by saying "but the Chiefs win 60% of the time". That's just disingenuous.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:48 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Go to the Bills board.

They think that White can cover Hill.

They think they have a LB that can cover Kelce.

For some reason they think their DL can force Patrick to throw to the sidelines, where they think they can take advantage?

They think they can run against us.

They think our secondary is trash.

They are scared of CEH.

They think Andy's lying about Mahomes, and that he really does have a concussion. Many of them think Henne will start. That right there is hilarious.

Sounds like a winning game plan.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 01-19-2021
Go to the Bills board.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:56 PM 01-19-2021
WADR, nope, not touching the Bills board.

Of course they believe all those things, they’re trying to cling to any hope they can come up with now that it seems pretty reasonable to assume Mahomes plays. I know how this is going to end. With the Chiefs winning the game, going to the Super Bowl. Could dive into the details of it, sure, and I have in some recent posts.

I’m just uber confident in this one. I respect the Bills, they’re very good, and it wouldn’t shock me if they do make a Super Bowl in say the next 5 years. But this ain’t gonna be the one. The Chiefs are just now starting their run, really this past Sunday.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:57 PM 01-19-2021
Look at this way.

How many of us went to Patriots forums in 2018 and proclaimed the stuff the Bills fans are spouting here? How many of us said upstart Mahomes was better than Tom Brady and posted mountains of stats to prove it? I mean a couple of them are posting dozens of posts a day. I certainly hope no CP'ers do that shit.

And you can't back that off by saying "but the Chiefs win 60% of the time". That's just disingenuous.
I do think as a group we're sometimes overly defensive or protective of what we're witnessing with this team... after all, we waited 50 years for it and the Browns or Bills aren't just going to come in and take it.

And that's where we see some of the posts where they speak really highly of Josh Allen and then qualify it with the 60% or whatever. I think some of the non-trolls are trying to express their excitement, yet at the same time stay realistic.

Had I gone to PatriotsPlanet in 2018, I wouldn't have shoved stats down their throats like the trolls here, but it might have been tough to convey the excitement of Mahomes and the fact that the Chiefs will always have a chance if he's healthy, without coming off like I was saying the Chiefs are here to dismantle your dynasty.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:59 PM 01-19-2021
Never been to any opponents forum.

What’s the point?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:59 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
WADR, nope, not touching the Bills board.

Of course they believe all those things, they’re trying to cling to any hope they can come up with now that it seems pretty reasonable to assume Mahomes plays. I know how this is going to end. With the Chiefs winning the game, going to the Super Bowl. Could dive into the details of it, sure, and I have in some recent posts.

I’m just uber confident in this one. I respect the Bills, they’re very good, and it wouldn’t shock me if they do make a Super Bowl in say the next 5 years. But this ain’t gonna be the one. The Chiefs are just now starting their run, really this past Sunday.
My feeling as well.

BUF just doesn't quite have all the necessary horses yet. They're close, but not close enough. Yet. They need to pick up some pieces on defense, need a real running game, and a legit TE, at a minimum.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:03 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Never been to any opponents forum.

What’s the point?
Boredom.

And curiosity. I like a lot of varying POV. Multiple angles.

Most of the time it's just for laughs, but every once in a while you can find an interesting point or perspective.

I don't post on them, btw. I don't even join. I just lurk around. Either to see what they're saying about the Chiefs if we're about to play them, or to see what they're saying about our next opponent, if they're in the same division or they just played our next opponent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 01-19-2021
Boredom.

And curiosity. I like a lot of varying POV. Multiple angles.

Most of the time it's just for laughs, but every once in a while you can find an interesting point or perspective.

I don't post on them, btw. I don't even join. I just lurk around. Either to see what they're saying about the Chiefs if we're about to play them, or to see what they're saying about our next opponent, if they're in the same division or they just played our next opponent.
Yeah, I don't want to offend you or anything but what you describe is not the same. There's NO WAY these guys are making dozens of posts an hour - over a hundred a day - just because they're bored or looking for a solitary interesting post.

The volume of content suggests it's something else altogether.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:14 PM 01-19-2021
Go to the Bills board.

They think that White can cover Hill.

They think they have a LB that can cover Kelce.

For some reason they think their DL can force Patrick to throw to the sidelines, where they think they can take advantage?

They think they can run against us.

They think our secondary is trash.

They are scared of CEH.

They think Andy's lying about Mahomes, and that he really does have a concussion. Many of them think Henne will start. That right there is hilarious.
Such an echo chamber of them not wanting Mahomes to play... They are calling BS on any "nerve" that could get pinched or anything other than a concussion that could have occured in the 1.5 seconds of the tackle. They obviously haven't even attempted to look at what folks are saying about a Brachial Stun, or Vasovagal Syncope... They are so hoping...

Fine with me, Mahomes was fine 5 minutes after this tackle with no risk of playing, however, it was hard to determine that on Sunday. I'm sure extra test were done over the past 24 hours on his neck area and he will pass everything concussion related and will light the Bills up on Sunday...
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:14 PM 01-19-2021
Yeah, I don't want to offend you or anything but what you describe is not the same. There's NO WAY these guys are making dozens of posts an hour - over a hundred a day - just because they're bored or looking for a solitary interesting post.

The volume of content suggests it's something else altogether.
No, not at all. It appears that I have once again misunderstood the purpose of that other post. I thought he was asking me why I would check out another forum.

My bad.

I agree; a lot of these guys seem bent on stirring the pot, not actual conversation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 01-19-2021
No, not at all. It appears that I have once again misunderstood the purpose of that other post. I thought he was asking me why I would check out another forum.

My bad.

I agree; a lot of these guys seem bent on stirring the pot, not actual conversation.
No, sorry, I don't think you misunderstood.

All I'm saying is that your reasons for visiting another forum (boredom) is NOT the same as these guys, as evidenced by the fact that you mostly lurk while they produce more posts than a half dozen CP regulars per hour.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 92
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up