ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job
RealSNR 12:00 AM 11-29-2017
https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
[Reply]
eDave 04:51 PM 11-29-2017
I can't imagine too many recruits wanting to play for Herm. At least not the good ones.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:54 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
this. I wanted Texas to get him as their head coach. Thats gotta be like 80% of college football. Be the best recruiter.
If anybody complains about what our offense looked like, they should take a look at Urban Meyer's offense. It's the same read option he's been running for years and he'll run it regardless of QB or talent. Meyer keeps winning because he can recruit like a motherfucker.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:15 PM 11-29-2017
Herm is 100% trash and drove two franchise to the depths of hell. He’s not a talent scout, he’s not a defensive mind, or coaching material. He’s a blow hard ass clown that basically has zero credibility with anything related to football.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:17 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Buehler and reerun and several others are in the Herm is 100% wrong and he did literally 0% right in his entire HC career school. We have those same types of people for Alex Smith as well. It's sad that this type of overreaction gets ignored, but rational people like you step in and say "he wasn't a good coach but holy shit, he did at least 1% good." You will literally get steamrolled with that mentality.

Totally with you. Flawed coach. Not a good coach, not nearly the dumpster fire everyone said he was. Did a lot of bad things here but also did some good. And he will probably have about the same middling performance at ASU too.
Thanks. Hopefully for him, the time away will give him some perspective he didn't have before and shows up in the win/loss column. Imagine the thread if Gunther gets a HC job. :-)
[Reply]
wazu 06:22 PM 11-29-2017
Would be cool to see him get the job so we can laugh. Like Greg Robinson at Syracuse.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:29 PM 11-29-2017
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...at-quarterback
Since you won't find the simple ask of one shred of proof, I found it for you. Sounds like he wanted to keep a variation of the spread but wasn't convinced Thigpen was the best qb to do it but sounds like he was considering a plan B to run spread concepts with a different qb.
I told you I’m not reading that hogshit. I can’t stand that man. I’m not going to look up examples for you where you will just make up some damned other excuse for your hero. Just like you did with your dumbass 3 years in the league with Vermiels roster. Fuck that shit. If you’re too goddamned simple minded to remember him taking about ball control before games I don’t know what to tell you man.

Herm was and remains a fraud. Just because you can’t see how your hero was completely clueless regarding the offense I won’t help you. I already tried with your ridiculous just what the franchise needed ridiculousness.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:33 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I told you I’m not reading that hogshit. I can’t stand that man. I’m not going to look up examples for you where you will just make up some damned other excuse for your hero. Just like you did with your dumbass 3 years in the league with Vermiels roster. **** that shit. If you’re too goddamned simple minded to remember him taking about ball control before games I don’t know what to tell you man.

Herm was and remains a fraud. Just because you can’t see how your hero was completely clueless regarding the offense I won’t help you. I already tried with your ridiculous just what the franchise needed ridiculousness.
you play to win the game
[Reply]
JakeF 06:33 PM 11-29-2017
Herm Edwards belongs in College, he'll be good at it. His players only stay for 3 or 4 years so he enthusiasm won't get old. The kid's parents will love his demeanor and attitude. His focus on the basics will be enough in college where it wasn't in the Pros.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:38 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
He's been bombastic at times, true. "Grandstanding"... yeah, I see that. We all know the "You play to win the game" moment. But I've always seen those bombastic moments as his "schtick", not arrogance. More entertainment value, which what football ultimately is for the fans. I don't really know him, so maybe I'm wrong. But off-camera, he was a gem when I was around him.
Nah. It’s not that. The you play to win the game crap is just funny.

What REALLY pisses me off is he constantly says shit about how WE did it in Tampa. Like as a DB coach he had any input on how it was done. Never mind he never mentions how HE did it in KC or NYJ. Because when HE did it it was total and abject failure. Fraud.

And he goes on and on scolding fans about the “circus offense”. That didn’t at least tweak you a little? He stands up there like a self righteous assface when he is totally clueless about WHY that stuff worked or was done. Treating the fans like they’re idiots doesn’t irritate you? It does me.

And it’s not just the offense. It’s stating EVERY FUCKING DAY that we are going to build a tough defense all the while rolling out the softest unit I’ve ever seen ever.

Pretending to be competent and constantly talking down to fans while rolling out the worst season in franchise history makes me crazy. At least when Crennel was doing it he wasn’t talking down to anybody.

And he is constantly grandstanding about how to handle a locker room or player behavior or coach behavior. Like he knows what you need to do to hold a winning locker room.

It’s probably just because I’m too close to him wrecking my franchise but I can’t handle it. Every time he says something retarded it makes me crazy. And that’s most of the time.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:38 PM 11-29-2017
Yup if I'm a 5* CB I'm taking a look at ASU
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 11-29-2017
Buehler and reerun and several others are in the Herm is 100% wrong and he did literally 0% right in his entire HC career school. We have those same types of people for Alex Smith as well. It's sad that this type of overreaction gets ignored, but rational people like you step in and say "he wasn't a good coach but holy shit, he did at least 1% good." You will literally get steamrolled with that mentality.

Totally with you. Flawed coach. Not a good coach, not nearly the dumpster fire everyone said he was. Did a lot of bad things here but also did some good. And he will probably have about the same middling performance at ASU too.
Did I say he was 100% wrong? I said he was a shit coach and a shit personnel man. He was bad at every single aspect of his job but he’s not 100% wrong.

In point of fact he was on the radio a few weeks back talking about when he suspended LJ for smacking that chick. I listened to it, remembered what happened and I’m totally on board with what he did.

Cutting some high priced used up guys was the right call. A few draft picks were the right call (even if he was too fucking stupid to use Charles when anybody with a brain could see he was better than LJ). And if he really was the driving force to make King Carl give up the Marty approach that was right too.

He was shit at every aspect of his job but I’m not blind to what he did right.

And I’m not like the Alex Smith haters. I was probably one of the last ones that defended him outside of the but huggers. I didn’t want to bench him before we drafted Mahomes because there wasn’t a better option. I am opinionated but I’m not a blind rage monster like you allege.

You are just incomprehensibly white knighting the worst coach I’ve seen.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:46 PM 11-29-2017

BREAKING: Herm Edwards is expected to be Arizona State’s next football coach pending approval of University President Dr. Michael Crow https://t.co/tZAfzu1Rs1

— SunDevilSource.com (@SunDevilSource) November 29, 2017

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Yup if I'm a 5* CB I'm taking a look at ASU
I’m not. Tampon 2 doesn’t work in the league. I’m not going to that system.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:47 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

I need to send a sympathy card.

Marty, I am sincerely sorry.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:53 PM 11-29-2017
ESPN is collapsing so Herm had to get out. He would have been laid off in 2018 at the rate the ESPN fail train was going
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up