ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:28 AM 04-05-2024
Assume all of these prospects were entering the 2024 draft. How would you rank them?
Attached: IMG_1637.jpg (97.1 KB) 
[Reply]
staylor26 09:29 AM 04-05-2024
How I had them as prospects?

1. Luck
2. Burrow
3. Caleb
4. Lawrence
5. Murray
6. Young

Luck is in a class of his own as a prospect. Burrow and Caleb are very close for me. Lawrence and Murray I didn't love, but they were worthy of being #1 overall QBs. I preferred Stroud AND Richardson to Young.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:40 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Assume all of these prospects were entering the 2024 draft. How would you rank them?
This isn't a football thread where we talk about draft prospects. I'm not sure where that thread is but it's certainly not here. You'll need to look elsewhere for discussion.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

1. Luck
2. Burrow
3. Caleb
4. Lawrence
5. Murray
6. Young

Luck is in a class of his own as a prospect. Burrow and Caleb are very close for me. Lawrence and Murray I didn't love, but they were worthy of being #1 overall QBs. I preferred Stroud AND Richardson to Young.
Pretty much my list. Except I’d put Young at like 14 because I don’t think he’s a good QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pretty much my list. Except I’d put Young at like 14 because I don’t think he’s a good QB.
Yea I don't think he belongs in the same convo as any of those guys.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 AM 04-05-2024

1. Luck
2. Burrow
3. Caleb
4. Lawrence
5. Murray
6. Young

Yep, purely as prospects.

I ask because someone had posted this pic on Facebook with the caption that Caleb Williams would still go #1 overall if they were all entering the 2024 draft.

I don’t follow college ball but that didn’t sound right to me at all. It’s my understanding that Andrew Luck was basically the best prospect since Peyton Manning and then Elway before him.

Originally Posted by Sofa King:
This isn't a football thread where we talk about draft prospects. I'm not sure where that thread is but it's certainly not here. You'll need to look elsewhere for discussion.
Heh, figured this was as good a shot as any to get back to football!

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I was wondering why they included Young. Figured they were probably just including #1 overall picks from recent times but then realized they didn’t include Jameis Winston, Jared Goff or Baker Mayfield.

I think this pic would have been more difficult to rank if they’d swapped Young with someone like Cam Newton.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 04-05-2024
Why Burrow over Lawrence?

Based on what I hear, they both had pretty similar college careers but in reverse. Burrow started slow then ended with possibly the best college QB season ever, while Lawrence started off hot then fizzled out as he got closer to his draft year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 04-05-2024
Yep, purely as prospects.

I ask because someone had posted this pic on Facebook with the caption that Caleb Williams would still go #1 overall if they were all entering the 2024 draft.

I don’t follow college ball but that didn’t sound right to me at all. It’s my understanding that Andrew Luck was basically the best prospect since Peyton Manning and then Elway before him.
Yea, that's horseshit. I can maybe see him going over Burrow, but Burrow was coming off a NC, and that probably gives him the edge when you're splitting hairs for me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 04-05-2024

Based on what I hear, they both had pretty similar college careers but in reverse. Burrow started slow then ended with possibly the best college QB season ever, while Lawrence started off hot then fizzled out as he got closer to his draft year.
I just never liked Lawrence as a prospect.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 04-05-2024

I was never a huge believer in Lawrence. Felt like he was overrated and all the "generational prospect" talk was silly. Argued with many on here about it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:13 AM 04-05-2024
So if you replaced Young with Cam Newton, where would he rank?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:18 AM 04-05-2024
For me….probably at 3.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 04-05-2024
4th.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 04-05-2024

1. Luck
2. Burrow
3. Caleb
4. Lawrence
5. Murray
6. Young

Beat me to it. That's the exact order I had. Luck was generational and lived up to it. If his GM cared enough to actually get him a solid OLine he would have been a HOF QB.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:45 AM 04-05-2024
I would put him at #3.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Up