ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1915 of 3903
« First < 915141518151865190519111912191319141915 191619171918191919251965201524152915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:57 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just how am I being a ****ing idiot?
By paying no attention to the recommendation of experts, which increases the chance of other people getting the virus, even if you have a less severe case.

It's not just about you, selfish prick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:59 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is a spectacularly bad idea
Probably. That part was tongue-in-cheek, really. I don't know exactly why Maricopa has been so lightly effected. Less than 1% of 1% has even caught the stupid bug, so we've been kind of lucky, I'm guessing. It's nice though.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:01 PM 05-06-2020
Just how am I being a ****ing idiot?
People can fuck cheap hookers without a condom and get away with it too. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And in this case, you're also having sex with everyone else you come into contact with, so it's kind of shitty that you keep fucking hookers raw.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:02 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
By paying no attention to the recommendation of experts, which increases the chance of other people getting the virus, even if you have a less severe case.

It's not just about you, selfish prick.
Ah, I am following most of the guidelines, dipstick. I don't have the virus. So I can't give it to anyone, because I don't have it to give, dipstick. Oh, and fuck you too.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:04 PM 05-06-2020
Ah, I am following most of the guidelines, dipstick. I don't have the virus. So I can't give it to anyone, because I don't have it to give, dipstick. Oh, and fuck you too.
The odds are generally in your favor, but it's become very clear that this is primarily being spread by people who never show symptoms and never know that they're contagious.
[Reply]
eDave 07:04 PM 05-06-2020
Probably. That part was tongue-in-cheek, really. I don't know exactly why Maricopa has been so lightly effected. Less than 1% of 1% has even caught the stupid bug, so we've been kind of lucky, I'm guessing. It's nice though.
We are neck-n-neck with Missouri.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:04 PM 05-06-2020
So have we moved on from worrying about overwhelming the hospitals and health care system to now worrying about how everyone is going to catch this? Because I basically assumed everyone understood they are indeed going to catch this at some point.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So have we moved on from worrying about overwhelming the hospitals and health care system to now worrying about how everyone is going to catch this? Because I basically assumed everyone understood they are indeed going to catch this at some point.
I noticed that the Jackson County "plan" says there will not be a return to normalcy until there is a vaccine or suitable treatement.

We have no guarantee of a vaccine. I'm hoping suitable treatment gets here sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People can **** cheap hookers without a condom and get away with it too. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And in this case, you're also having sex with everyone else you come into contact with, so it's kind of shitty that you keep ****ing hookers raw.
Ah, I'm not having sex with everyone, just one. And I'm also not touching people or licking door knobs. I'm just going about my business. It probably helps that no one in Anthem seems to have caught this thing, and that I literally see 5 people at work everyday, and we're separated by a window when I do go to work. But the fact of the matter is, that it's unlikely I can transmit something I don't have.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:09 PM 05-06-2020
We're playing it by ear . . .
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:11 PM 05-06-2020
That has never been point, ever.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:12 PM 05-06-2020
That was never my assumption. There are at least a dozen countries around the world that pretty much have this thing under control, and I was hoping we could be one of them, but we just aren't capable of living with the restrictions necessary to do it.

So given that, my worry is just that "normal" is going to either require a majority of people getting it or a vaccine, both of which are probably a long way away.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:12 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That has never been point, ever.
It serves no one to lie about it now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:14 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
We are neck-n-neck with Missouri.
I don't know what MO is doing. I do know that Maricopa since Jan. 22nd has admitted less than 800 to a hospital and less than 200 have died. We're down to just 214 in ICU today, or 4% of max. We haven't seen double-digit deaths in MC in more than three weeks.

And as of last week, I don't think Anthem has even had a death, maybe not even a hospital admission. In fact, right now you're more likely to die in a car wreck than of this virus in Maricopa county.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:14 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The odds are generally in your favor, but it's become very clear that this is primarily being spread by people who never show symptoms and never know that they're contagious.
It has?
[Reply]
Page 1915 of 3903
« First < 915141518151865190519111912191319141915 191619171918191919251965201524152915 > Last »
Up