ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:32 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Suck my dick
Beat it, ginger. Nobody is buying the tough guy routine.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Created the Kennedy empire, made JFK POTUS.
Kennedy was a criminal and a Nazi sympathizer.

And alcohol was prohibited for 13 years in the USA, so not everyone has shared your idea of its greatness in building America.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Kennedy was a criminal and a Nazi sympathizer.

And alcohol was prohibited for 13 years in the USA, so not everyone has shared your idea of its greatness in building America.
I didn't say it was great. Didn't opine as to whether Kennedy was anything but a robber baron type with their wealth based in alcohol. Just stated the facts.

Alcohol employs millions, directly and indirectly. It did fuel the american economy, and at a certain point it was a major force in it.

It did send JFK to the WH as our 35th POTUS, which in turn gave us the birth of NASA, and in turn the first man on the moon. Et cetera and so on.

Good or bad is relative to the observer. i wasn't trying to argue with you, Dane. I just stated a couple facts concerning the impact that alcohol has had in America, period.
[Reply]
Pointer19 06:43 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Is that the joint out in Philly? Watched our playoff game against the Steelers where they won with only FGs there. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:47 PM 11-30-2020
Alcohol is a major business in Missouri thanks to Anheuser-Busch.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Alcohol is a major business in Missouri thanks to Anheuser-Busch.
Went to the brewery many times when i lived in STL. Two friends on mine worked there as 'hosts' or something, so we'd take the tour at least once a month. Got to try out dozens of beers no one's ever heard of. one was Carlsberg, which was a Danish beer, iirc, that they eventually began selling in the U.S.

But you didn't want to live downwind of that place. Stank like hell when they were cooking hops or whatever.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:59 PM 11-30-2020
Craft beer is actual American manufacturing owned by Americans
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:07 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Reading through this thread on breaks at work today was truly depressing, just a whole lotta callous indifference ranging from "well I never cared for bars so who cares?"... to basically "bars are for old drunken hillbillies anyway!"

Just a bunch of gross and tone deaf horseshit, the divide in this nation is so real and its not ever going away... we see it play out here every day

I used to think I'd love to meet just about anyone here "hey we'd get along just fine in real life!"... but nah, I was quite wrong
You already know who is going to post what before you read it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:12 PM 11-30-2020
There's a good Chiefs bar out here in the Valley - Jalapeno Pete's. But you have to be in line for 2 hours before gametime to get a table, or you're standing in people's way the whole game. It was a lot easier before Mahomes.

There used to be a place called Kansas City BBQ - run by a guy who used to work at Gates then moved out here. It had pretty good BBQ (very rare for LA) great beer, always Chiefs games and wasn't usually too crowded. But like pretty much every bar in the Valley, it went on one of those bar makeover shows. After that it sucked. The food got worse and it had some stupid attempt at an upscale BBQ "lounge" on the bar side. So dumb.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:27 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Beat it, ginger. Nobody is buying the tough guy routine.

You're desperately in need of an SSRI you miserable fuck
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:58 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There's a good Chiefs bar out here in the Valley - Jalapeno Pete's. But you have to be in line for 2 hours before gametime to get a table, or you're standing in people's way the whole game. It was a lot easier before Mahomes.

There used to be a place called Kansas City BBQ - run by a guy who used to work at Gates then moved out here. It had pretty good BBQ (very rare for LA) great beer, always Chiefs games and wasn't usually too crowded. But like pretty much every bar in the Valley, it went on one of those bar makeover shows. After that it sucked. The food got worse and it had some stupid attempt at an upscale BBQ "lounge" on the bar side. So dumb.
KC BBQ was pretty good, then they changed their vibe and it went downhill fast.

Jalapeño Pete’s is about 12 minutes from me and I’ve threatened to go several times, only to stay home and watch in comfort infront of a 75” 4K TV that I have all to myself.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’ll have a few THC Lagunitas to go...
[Reply]
stevieray 08:01 PM 11-30-2020
Don't forget the Distilleries!
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:03 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ll have a few THC Lagunitas to go...
They’re 50% owned by Heineken and don’t meet the craft brewery criteria as a result but I like where your head’s at
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:08 PM 11-30-2020
They’re 50% owned by Heineken and don’t meet the craft brewery criteria as a result but I like where your head’s at
Dude, they’re freaking awesome! I had my first one earlier this year down in Carlsbad Village and it was as good as any Craft beer we had that night. Seriously.

And unlike edibles, which can take a few hours to kick in, those 5 mg Lagunitas kicked in really quickly, like in 30 minutes or less. They’re about $9 dollars each at the Dispensaries but that’s the bottom dollar I’d pay for for an Amstel during Happy Hour in Hollywood, so it’s really no biggie.

If you get the chance, try one. :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up