ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:35 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
What makes a true "sports bar"?

I've always had places near me that had TVs and they showed sports, but not what I would consider a sports bar. They hardly ever had the sound from the game and the workers rarely changed the TVs unless someone asked. Yeah they showed Chiefs games but I went to one for lunch and a local city council meeting was on half the TVs.
People show up to watch sports. These days the big draw is MMA fights. One of the sports bars i go to has about 200 TVs from 35 inchers (guessing) all the way up to several 60+s. They turn the sound up so everyone can hear the sound, even in the restrooms, and these events are heavily advertised locally weeks before the event. They pack them in elbow-to-elbow (pre-bug) every time.

I don't show up for MMA fights, and the crowd for football is a bit smaller, but just about everyone there is there to watch the game of their choice.

Bring a group and they'll tune the TVs in front of you to the game of your liking. I've been going there a long time so even if I show up alone I can get a bartender to switch one TV to whatever I want.
[Reply]
Pointer19 05:41 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
People show up to watch sports. These days the big draw is MMA fights. One of the sports bars i go to has about 200 TVs from 35 inchers (guessing) all the way up to several 60+s. They turn the sound up so everyone can hear the sound, even in the restrooms, and these events are heavily advertised locally weeks before the event. They pack them in elbow-to-elbow (pre-bug) every time.

I don't show up for MMA fights, and the crowd for football is a bit smaller, but just about everyone there is there to watch the game of their choice.

Bring a group and they'll tune the TVs in front of you to the game of your liking. I've been going there a long time so even if I show up alone I can get a bartender to switch one TV to whatever I want.
Have you seen those "silent discos" or whatever they call them where each patron wears a headset and listens to their choice of music? I wonder if it'd be feasible to have a sports bar that hands out one-ear headphones (kind of like those big wired telephone headsets) that allow guests to listen to their choice of game while still being able to communicate with those around them.

Wait, that's a great idea. Nobody steal that.

Copyright 30 November 2020, Pointer19
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:51 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Have you seen those "silent discos" or whatever they call them where each patron wears a headset and listens to their choice of music? I wonder if it'd be feasible to have a sports bar that hands out one-ear headphones (kind of like those big wired telephone headsets) that allow guests to listen to their choice of game while still being able to communicate with those around them.

Negative, GhostRider. I have not. Not sure how I'd feel about that. I hate phones in general, and people wandering about wearing headphones/ear pieces annoy me just a little less.

But from a bar gimmick perspective, yeah, it probably would go over pretty good. Not everywhere, but in urban bigger city environments, sure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:52 PM 11-30-2020

https://tunity.com/
[Reply]
Pointer19 05:55 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
https://tunity.com/
Damn, DT, you work fast! Make sure you cut me in on the profits. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:56 PM 11-30-2020
Damn, DT, you work fast! Make sure you cut me in on the profits. :-)
Every man for himself motherfucker!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:14 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But isn't it actually a good thing that younger generations are drinking less?

Alcohol was one of the things that made America great.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:18 PM 11-30-2020
Reading through this thread on breaks at work today was truly depressing, just a whole lotta callous indifference ranging from "well I never cared for bars so who cares?"... to basically "bars are for old drunken hillbillies anyway!"

Just a bunch of gross and tone deaf horseshit, the divide in this nation is so real and its not ever going away... we see it play out here every day

I used to think I'd love to meet just about anyone here "hey we'd get along just fine in real life!"... but nah, I was quite wrong
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:19 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
What makes a true "sports bar"?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:19 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Alcohol was one of the things that made America great.
Yeah, it's so great that it kills nearly 100,000 people each and every year.

:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:21 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:24 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That's awesome.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:26 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Reading through this thread on breaks at work today was truly depressing, just a whole lotta callous indifference ranging from "well I never cared for bars so who cares?"... to basically "bars are for old drunken hillbillies anyway!"

Just a bunch of gross and tone deaf horseshit, the divide in this nation is so real and its not ever going away... we see it play out here every day

I used to think I'd love to meet just about anyone here "hey we'd get along just fine in real life!"... but nah, I was quite wrong
The last part seems extreme (and there's also a lot of empathy in this thread, even from those who saw it coming or don't go to bars or whatever).

Hell, just ask FDE... we go way back and once lived in the same neighborhood. And we've had our differences here for sure... but, we met up a couple of AFCCGs ago and none of that bullshit matters.

Internet personas are just that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

But employs 10s of millions. in fact, it helped create the American economy.
Saved millions of lives as well. Created the Kennedy empire, made JFK POTUS.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 11-30-2020

[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up