ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 130
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:28 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Holy shit, those are hilarious. especially the Bankruptcy one, I was laughing too loud at work.....way too loud
People actually stopped by my office. I was crying.

"I. Declare.....BANKRUPTCY!!!!!"

Dying. Just dying.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:43 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Heyward is also working on revamping his mechanics and battling with breaking old habits. It may or may not amount to much but then again you still have Piscotty at .466.
Piscotty is also struggling this spring, but at the league minimum. If he busts he costs virtually nothing. Heyward has been trending down for years. We are lucky the baby bears wanted him.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:05 PM 03-30-2017
What would we have to give up?

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Cardinals "have quietly showed interest" in White Sox starter Jose Quintana.
Heyman notes that the Astros and Pirates have been the perceived frontrunners for Quintana, but he calls their pursuits of the left-handed ace "passive" up to this point. In his report Heyman then labels the Cardinals a "sleeper team," with the "combination of young players and prospects to make it work." The asking price is undoubtedly sky-high for Quintana, who boasts a 3.35 ERA over the last four seasons and a team-friendly contract that runs through 2020. He is currently projected to serve as the Opening Day starter for the rebuilding White Sox.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:06 PM 03-30-2017
p.s. Flying to STL tomorrow for my ninth Opening Day in the last 10 years! Let's hope for good weather and a Cardinals victory on Sunday night.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
p.s. Flying to STL tomorrow for my ninth Opening Day in the last 10 years! Let's hope for good weather and a Cardinals victory on Sunday night.
They can't trump what the Astros will be able/willing to offer, IMO.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see the 'stros eventually decide to part with Bregman if needed. They'd surely do everything in their power to avoid it, but if they're sitting there in July and feel they're a legit top of the rotation starter away from putting some distance between themselves and Texas, I think they'll pull the trigger. They have the prospect depth to take the hit.

At the very least they'd eventually give up Kyle Tucker and I can't see the Cardinals dabbling in that rich a pool. Unless Bader were to elevate his prospect status to at least within shouting distance of Tucker, I don't think they can pull it off. Even if Bader were to make that leap, the Astros would likely be able to include Martes with Tucker and where's that leave STL? Weaver and Bader doesn't get near that.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:48 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see the 'stros eventually decide to part with Bregman if needed. They'd surely do everything in their power to avoid it, but if they're sitting there in July and feel they're a legit top of the rotation starter away from putting some distance between themselves and Texas, I think they'll pull the trigger. They have the prospect depth to take the hit.

At the very least they'd eventually give up Kyle Tucker and I can't see the Cardinals dabbling in that rich a pool. Unless Bader were to elevate his prospect status to at least within shouting distance of Tucker, I don't think they can pull it off. Even if Bader were to make that leap, the Astros would likely be able to include Martes with Tucker and where's that leave STL? Weaver and Bader doesn't get near that.
Maybe the 'Stros have some information on their prospects in some type of database the Cards could get a look at. That would be really cool.
[Reply]
Miles 08:41 PM 03-30-2017
Looks like a Yadi extension just got done with details still coming out. I dot have much perspective on the amount but nice to see him extended.

Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Molina three-year extension with #STLCards will be between $55M and $65M.
[Reply]
VAChief 04:03 PM 03-31-2017

I think I read that the WSox have inquired before about Kelly. It most likely would have to include him. Kelly, Bader, and Weaver would be our top three rated prospects (not necessarily how I would rate them). It could be enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I think I read that the WSox have inquired before about Kelly. It most likely would have to include him. Kelly, Bader, and Weaver would be our top three rated prospects (not necessarily how I would rate them). It could be enough.
Steep price to still be worse than Chicago at every spot on the field...
[Reply]
VAChief 05:17 PM 03-31-2017
Steep price to still be worse than Chicago at every spot on the field...
Definitely risky, but we don't have any real upside lefties anywhere on the horizon.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:12 PM 03-31-2017
https://youtu.be/zWmIb5kdz9s

In honor of our last glorious day.

(Baseball is finally here)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:23 PM 03-31-2017
Cool, the perfect cure for insomnia
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:05 PM 04-02-2017
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...6844bfff2.html

20 million per year for Yadi. That's a tough one to know which way to go on that one.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:27 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...6844bfff2.html

20 million per year for Yadi. That's a tough one to know which way to go on that one.
Too much $ period. Seems like a reactionary deal to me. They didn't want to lose another HOF player to another team to end their career so they over paid.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:20 PM 04-02-2017
Our march to the World Series starts now.

Go Cards go

(I'm drunk btw)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 130
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up