ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 245 of 256
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:43 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons:
Couple questions - game is online only? Have to play with others? And is that people you know and like or whomever you are matched with?? The main question is whether you have 13 year old kids screaming in your ear?
1. Yes, game is online only (live service game). So of course the downside is dealing with server issues (like the game currently presents).

2. You do not HAVE to play with others, but the game was clearly balanced around working with a team. As the game increases in difficulty, the enemies become much more numerous and introduces larger, more difficult to kill enemies. This often requires multiple load outs to deal with the changing situations, and a single person can only bring 4 strategems (basically support weapons) where a team of 4 has 16. I can safely say if you don't play with others, the game is not nearly as enjoyable.

3. You can definitely play with others using the quick play option or with friends. As is the case, everything with friends is better, but I have yet to have a bad run with randoms, and I would say I can still enjoy the game when playing with them.

4. I haven't matched with noisy 13 year olds. While having a mic is really nice, most randoms don't use their mics at all. The game generally has good voiceless commands, but for the most part missions are so straightforward that most people just sort of congeal and accomplish tasks.

I'm jonesing to play this game all the time. If anyone wants to team up on steam, just hit me up via my code here 162610777.

And I'll leave you with the opening cinematic!

[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 04:52 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
1. Yes, game is online only (live service game). So of course the downside is dealing with server issues (like the game currently presents).

2. You do not HAVE to play with others, but the game was clearly balanced around working with a team. As the game increases in difficulty, the enemies become much more numerous and introduces larger, more difficult to kill enemies. This often requires multiple load outs to deal with the changing situations, and a single person can only bring 4 strategems (basically support weapons) where a team of 4 has 16. I can safely say if you don't play with others, the game is not nearly as enjoyable.

3. You can definitely play with others using the quick play option or with friends. As is the case, everything with friends is better, but I have yet to have a bad run with randoms, and I would say I can still enjoy the game when playing with them.

4. I haven't matched with noisy 13 year olds. While having a mic is really nice, most randoms don't use their mics at all. The game generally has good voiceless commands, but for the most part missions are so straightforward that most people just sort of congeal and accomplish tasks.

I'm jonesing to play this game all the time. If anyone wants to team up on steam, just hit me up via my code here 162610777.

And I'll leave you with the opening cinematic!

Appreciate the feedback, exactly what I was curious about!
[Reply]
Fish 05:02 PM 02-21-2024
So, it's Starship Troopers?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:13 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yes, they have nailed the humor (the pleasantly fascist utopian society jokes never get old), the gunplay is fantastic, the progression system is fair, and in fact even the paid track is reasonable and can be attained without spending money. He'll, even the cosmetic stuff is like 2-3 bucks, which feels like a throwback for prices.

I can't think of a better squad based PvE shooter that I've played, it's certainly my favorite since Deep Rock Galactic.
[Reply]
Bump 05:58 PM 02-21-2024
Ya I bought helldivers a couple of days ago. It's pretty hard, I've yet to get the quickplay matchmaking to work so I've only played it solo. But on playstation I can always at least get into the server because of a little loophole, but solo play only.
[Reply]
Bump 12:38 AM 02-22-2024
Found a way from searching how to get into the game every time and how to get the quickplay to work. So ya, it's a lot better with randoms than solo lol.

really immersive game. Starship troopers in the Vietnam war with some terminator mixed in.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:47 AM 02-22-2024
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth demo is fully out now. Couple aspects took some getting used to and can already tell managing materia for the whole party is going to be a pain in the ass.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:22 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Seems that way to me, I can't get into bugs as enemies.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:41 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
This sounds just like Enshrouded, except you don't have to go hunting for crafters.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:50 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This sounds just like Enshrouded, except you don't have to go hunting for crafters.
I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it looks interesting to pay attention to. It launched in a janky state, but the devteam is former Mass Effect guys so we shall see.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:22 PM 02-22-2024
I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it looks interesting to pay attention to. It launched in a janky state, but the devteam is former Mass Effect guys so we shall see.
I finally crapped out on Enshrouded not long after hitting the max level. Games really lose their allure for me after that.

I may give this one a go.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:28 PM 02-22-2024
I finally crapped out on Enshrouded not long after hitting the max level. Games really lose their allure for me after that.

I may give this one a go.
If you think Enshrouded had a bad grind better watch out for this one. That being said it's early access and I think $26.99 on Steam right now. It could pay off as I'm sure the dev team will iron things out at some point. One of those games you play until you get tired of the things that need to be fixed and come back at a later date. Just be warned about the grind, if you're ok with taking forever to gather/kill/craft to get to the next tier then you might be ok.

Another thing to consider is that it's much harder solo as the game I believe is geared toward having coop buddies help you. You do have 2 hours to refund if you're not happy with it via Steam policy.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:32 PM 02-22-2024
If you think Enshrouded had a bad grind better watch out for this one. That being said it's early access and I think $26.99 on Steam right now. It could pay off as I'm sure the dev team will iron things out at some point. One of those games you play until you get tired of the things that need to be fixed and come back at a later date. Just be warned about the grind, if you're ok with taking forever to gather/kill/craft to get to the next tier then you might be ok.

Another thing to consider is that it's much harder solo as the game I believe is geared toward having coop buddies help you. You do have 2 hours to refund if you're not happy with it via Steam policy.
That's probably a no-go for me, then. As I've said many times, gaming is ME time, not US time.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:58 PM 02-22-2024
That's probably a no-go for me, then. As I've said many times, gaming is ME time, not US time.
https://gamerant.com/nightingale-can-you-play-solo/

A little more difficult but possible, whatever that means.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:46 PM 02-22-2024
Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Downloading now.
[Reply]
Page 245 of 256
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255 > Last »
Up