ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 344 of 1209
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348354394444844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:49 PM 10-30-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Tonight is good old fashioned, easy peasy American style tacos

Ground beef with a McCormick taco mix plus a little real garlic

Lettuce

Tomato

Onion

Shredded cheddar

Taco Sauce

In a lightly fried flour shell

I dont have corn shells or cilantro handy, so American style it will be

Pics or it didn't happen.
[Reply]
Buzz 04:53 PM 10-30-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Depends. If it's a French bread like you'd get in NOLA, yes. But if it's more like a sub roll, no - I prefer that style of bun to be soft and supple.

I like to toast the bread, I don't like the bread to turn to mush.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:19 PM 10-30-2016
Pics or it didn't happen.
Oh its gonna happen, wish I could post pics :-)

Next time one of the kids come over, they're NOT leaving until they help Pops out
[Reply]
scho63 05:51 PM 10-30-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I wanted to try out my new digital scales so I made a turkey pepperoni, red onion and black olive pizza.

The digital scales are great, I never realized how far off using a measuring cup is when measuring out flour.

This dough has 1/4 cup of beer, 1/4 cup of butter and was just full of flavor.
You're like the guy who takes the photos for all the restaurants to sucker people in with perfect looking food only to be disappointed that the shit that is served doesn't look or taste half as good as your photos or food! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:52 PM 10-30-2016
I went about 3 minutes per side over medium-high, high heat. I also "marinated" them in some butter and a touch of honey.
I'm surprised at the honey. Pineapple has so much sugar and even more when grilled. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:58 PM 10-30-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm surprised at the honey. Pineapple has so much sugar and even more when grilled. :-)

It was like a half teaspoon to help with browning. And shitty pineapple in Alabama in November is shitty.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:05 PM 10-30-2016
You're like the guy who takes the photos for all the restaurants to sucker people in with perfect looking food only to be disappointed that the shit that is served doesn't look or taste half as good as your photos or food! :-)

NO PIZZA FOR YOU! and that shit was dam good. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 06:16 PM 10-30-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
NO PIZZA FOR YOU! and that shit was dam good. :-)
I meant it as a compliment but after I reread my post I see my explanation was poor.

Your food always looks perfect, just like all the ones on menus of shitty restaurants. They do the "bait and switch".

I bet most of your stuff tastes great. Sorry about that! :-)
[Reply]
Buzz 06:22 PM 10-30-2016
I meant it as a compliment but after I reread my post I see my explanation was poor.

Your food always looks perfect, just like all the ones on menus of shitty restaurants. They do the "bait and switch".

I bet most of your stuff tastes great. Sorry about that! :-)

:-) OKAY! PIZZA FOR YOU! It's all good and thanks, I don't mind a ribbing, pork or beef.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:51 AM 10-31-2016
The NYT version of Mississippi Roast just popped up in my email this morning. If anyone's interested in a non-salt-bomb version, this may be it. I've never tried this before, so if someone who has tried the packet version can give this a shot and let us know if it's comparable?

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1...sissippi-roast

Originally Posted by :
An Internet darling of a recipe, a favorite of mom bloggers and Pinterest, Mississippi Roast is traditionally made by placing a chuck roast in a slow cooker and simmering it beneath a stick of butter, a package of ranch dressing mix, another of “au jus” gravy mix and a handful of pepperoncini. And you can certainly cook it that way. The raves are justified. But replacing the packaged mixes is no real chore, and it results in a luscious tangle of deliciously tangy beef that goes beautifully with mashed or roasted potatoes or egg noodles, or as a hot-sandwich filling. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your roast and the effectiveness of your slow cooker. But six to eight hours generally does the trick.

INGREDIENTS

1 boneless chuck roast or top or bottom round roast, 3 to 4 pounds
2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
¼ cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons neutral oil, like canola
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 to 12 pepperoncini
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon dried dill
¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon buttermilk, optional
Chopped parsley, for garnish

PREPARATION

1. Place roast on a cutting board and rub the salt and pepper all over it. Sprinkle the flour all over the seasoned meat and massage it into the flesh.

2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan set over high heat until it is shimmering and about to smoke. Place the roast in the pan and brown on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes a side, to create a crust. Remove roast from pan and place it in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the butter and the pepperoncini to the meat. Put the lid on the slow cooker, and set the machine to low.

3. As the roast heats, make a ranch dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill and paprika in a small bowl and whisk to emulsify. Add the buttermilk if using, then whisk again. Remove the lid from the slow cooker and add the dressing. Replace the top and allow to continue cooking, undisturbed, for 6 to 8 hours, or until you can shred the meat easily using 2 forks. Mix the meat with the gravy surrounding it. Garnish with parsley, and serve with egg noodles or roast potatoes, or pile on sandwich rolls, however you like.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:03 AM 10-31-2016
Fuck adding vile ranch dressing
[Reply]
scho63 07:09 AM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:

Not a sexy pic, but it's damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A +

:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:13 AM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
**** adding vile ranch dressing
You put ranch dressing spices on it........ :-)

That amount of "dressing" is going to be like 3 tablespoons. On a 3-4 pound roast. I put more mustard on a brisket getting a rub to stick.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:15 AM 10-31-2016
You put ranch dressing spices on it........ :-)

That amount of "dressing" is going to be like 2 tablespoons. On a 3-4 pound roast.
Duh. Well since I don't like that crap, I wouldn't be adding even a pinch. Mayo causes a gag reflex, so no way I can add it to any dish even the thought would ruin it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:17 AM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Well since I don't like that crap, I won't be adding a pinch.
I don't like ranch dressing either, but I also know that amount, mixed in with the meat juices, is going to make that flavor a subtle part. It's mainly just going to add some tanginess; it's certainly not going to be like dunking a sandwich in ranch dressing.

Edit: Why did you add the "duh"? What purpose did that serve?
[Reply]
Page 344 of 1209
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348354394444844 > Last »
Up