ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Letter Kenny
vailpass 09:27 PM 10-12-2019
Anybody watching this? I'm not sure how to describe other than its Canadian, on Hulu, and I like it. Worth a look if you have Hulu.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:43 PM 10-12-2019
i love it, its hilarious new season coming out soon i think
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:48 PM 10-12-2019
It's a lot of fun and has multiple very attractive females in the cast.

It's fluffy and silly, but chuckle-worthy and endlessly quotable.

Like vail, said for those do not know anything about it it's a comedic series that started out on youtube [edit: CraveTV.com] that is centered on the cliques and groups that form in semi-rural Canada. Some of the humor is about the friction between the various cliques, but mostly it's a loose excuse to engage in wordplay, and the wordplay is very funny.

Just because it started low budget, don't think it's not well-written or is poorly acted. In terms of writing and acting out of the gate, it's reminiscent of Always Sunny. In terms of bored teen shenanigans, it's reminiscent of the original Clerks. In terms of the mood of the show, I'd have to say the old Bartles and James wine cooler commercials.

Here's a favorite clip, if this doesn't grab you as something you'd want to see more of, Letterkenny isn't for you.

If you're keen on whatcha see, . . . well then pitter-patter.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:00 PM 10-12-2019
Speaking of Letterkenny, someone dropped a LK reference that completely took me off guard and had me laughing for a good while, . . . I chuckle now even recalling it.

It was exquisite in it's blindsided timing, so it's not going to be as funny when you see it coming the way I have to describe it. But anyway, on some gif site, probably imgur, they had one of those videos from that Turkish guy who makes enormous fancy meals while he smiles directly into the camera the whole time

Edit - here's the video in question

And then in the comment section was the following exchange

--What is he cooking, a kangaroo?

- I think it's an ostrich

Then someone subcomments:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:49 AM 10-16-2019
So Keeso and Tierney changed it up a bit for Season 8 which felt a bit off. It felt less like a complete 'season' and more like a roughly three hour feature film.

Spoiler!

Still a great concept but probably one of the weaker seasons so far.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:56 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a lot of fun and has multiple very attractive females in the cast.

It's fluffy and silly, but chuckle-worthy and endlessly quotable.

Like vail, said for those do not know anything about it it's a comedic series that started out on youtube [edit: CraveTV.com] that is centered on the cliques and groups that form in semi-rural Canada. Some of the humor is about the friction between the various cliques, but mostly it's a loose excuse to engage in wordplay, and the wordplay is very funny.

Just because it started low budget, don't think it's not well-written or is poorly acted. In terms of writing and acting out of the gate, it's reminiscent of Always Sunny. In terms of bored teen shenanigans, it's reminiscent of the original Clerks. In terms of the mood of the show, I'd have to say the old Bartles and James wine cooler commercials.

Here's a favorite clip, if this doesn't grab you as something you'd want to see more of, Letterkenny isn't for you.

If you're keen on whatcha see, . . . well then pitter-patter.

Hah. That's a Texas size yes.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:00 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So Keeso and Tierney changed it up a bit for Season 8 which felt a bit off. It felt less like a complete 'season' and more like a roughly three hour feature film.

Spoiler!

Still a great concept but probably one of the weaker seasons so far.
Haven't got near that far yet but

[Reply]
Kidd Lex 11:27 PM 10-16-2019
Love the show, and you alls liking it’s what I appreciate about you. Hard pass on anyone who disagrees.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:30 PM 11-14-2019
OMFG - the episode where they were coming up with names for the pending LK gay pride parade

Spoiler!

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:29 PM 12-13-2019

[Reply]
Eleazar 10:11 AM 12-17-2019
Watched a couple of episodes and had a few chuckles. Canadian family hates it though. I wonder if it touches a nerve to see Canadians being portrayed as rednecks, because Canadians enjoy thinking of that particular subculture as being exclusively American.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:41 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Watched a couple of episodes and had a few chuckles. Canadian family hates it though. I wonder if it touches a nerve to see Canadians being portrayed as rednecks, because Canadians enjoy thinking of that particular subculture as being exclusively American.
It's not the first time.

[Reply]
Nickhead 12:42 PM 12-17-2019
ahhh, the dreaded space between two words when it's one, now i see. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 07:19 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
OMFG - the episode where they were coming up with names for the pending LK gay pride parade

Spoiler!

:-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:18 AM 12-19-2019
such a quotable show/series.
I only just started watching clips on you tube of it about a week ago.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up