ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 02-24-2018
Hell yea! Im in!

[Reply]
Third Eye 12:12 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. That was truly dumb. Not that the fight happened, but they way it went on for far too long, it was unrealistic and corny.

So Elizabeth Shue for season 3 ?
In fairness, I think it’s supposed to be unrealistic and corny, like most 80s movies.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:17 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. That was truly dumb. Not that the fight happened, but they way it went on for far too long, it was unrealistic and corny.

So Elizabeth Shue for season 3 ?
They've kept it quiet, but I can't imagine they'd end Season 2 like they did and not bring her back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
In fairness, I think it’s supposed to be unrealistic and corny, like most 80s movies.
But season 1 wasn't.

Season 2 was what I expected when I started watching season 1. But S1 was genuinely good.

Which is to say they should probably pull the plug on this thing after season 3.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:33 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But season 1 wasn't.

Season 2 was what I expected when I started watching season 1. But S1 was genuinely good.

Which is to say they should probably pull the plug on this thing after season 3.
I don’t think that good and unrealistic and corny are mutually exclusive. I thought season 1 had a ton of corniness to it and that is ok! It’s also extremely unrealistic, just like the source material, and that’s ok too. Maybe they turned it up a notch, but season 1 was far from some gritty, realistic slice of life.

Edit: just for clarity, I’m not going to try and argue that season 2 was as good as season 1, it wasn’t, but I don’t think it was as awful as you are making it out to be. I think season 1 just came out of left field and its uniqueness probably elevates more than may be justified.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 09-15-2020
Hi thought overall season 2 was good. Other than the school fight that jumped the shark and turning Kreese into a cartoon villain.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:35 PM 09-16-2020
I'm glad LaRussos daughter isn't actually like 16 cuz she is gorgeous. Turns out shes 24.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:24 AM 09-17-2020

S1 was great. especially S1E1. S2 was good. The farther the story delves into teenage karate fighters, the worse it gets. would any teenager take karate nowadays? I think they would gravitate towards J.J. MT or Krav Maga. I will probably watch S3 even though my karate itch was totally scratched by S1
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:50 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm glad LaRussos daughter isn't actually like 16 cuz she is gorgeous. Turns out shes 24.
Yeah, she is thiiiiick.

Damn, the season 2 ending really jumped the shark and had the worst choreography in the whole show. I was telling my wife that the show felt very visceral and well done with the fight scenes like 30 seconds before the brawl went down. I felt pretty stupid right after that.
[Reply]
luv 12:20 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ralph Macchio (Daniel) was the same way. He was 23 playing a 16/17 year old. William Zabka (Johnny) was about 19 at that time. Macchio is 58 and Zabka will be 55 next month. They both look like they're in their mid-forties.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:05 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Ralph Macchio (Daniel) was the same way. He was 23 playing a 16/17 year old. William Zabka (Johnny) was about 19 at that time. Macchio is 58 and Zabka will be 55 next month. They both look like they're in their mid-forties.
Zabka is like a less nerdy Owen Wilson. He and Macchio carry this show, and I would expect Zabka to show up in other places.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 09-17-2020
IMO Daniel's wife (Courtney Henggeler) is far hotter than the daughter.

She also played Sheldon's sister on Big Bang Theory.

Yummy.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:15 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Yummy.
Yeah she is really hot and has perfect comedic timing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Yummy.
The daughter's incredibly average looking. I suspect (hope) that was the plan. Because even with professional makeup, etc... I don't really see anything attractive about her.

Mom, OTOH - yeah, that works really nicely.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:54 AM 09-18-2020
I think this series is epic. That Johnny (Zabka) character and I are 2 peas in a pod as far as attitude. At work the young guys were always shocked at my not so politically correct comments and 1980`s persona. I look forward to season 3.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:32 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The daughter's incredibly average looking. I suspect (hope) that was the plan. Because even with professional makeup, etc... I don't really see anything attractive about her.

Mom, OTOH - yeah, that works really nicely.
The daughter's cute, but not really pretty.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up