ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Share when you vote
RodeoPants2 08:01 PM 10-16-2020
Voted tonight. Will drop in the mail tomorrow. Felt great. Every one of those Republican motherfuckers need to be voted out, and they should carry a scared T with them until the day they die.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:47 PM Yesterday
Voted today. Pretty amazing number of people absentee voting. Lots of positive chatter pro Trump but to be expected in our county. Pro Parson and pro Hartzler except one shrew who shared she wan't gonna vote for "that Vicky", sad old bag whatever
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Yeah the patriot act is a ****ing disaster. Success!

Re gun control there's zero chance we agree on anything. I would like to see the following gun control measures implemented:

1. Ban handguns - 4 year phased buyback when decreasing buyback value (e.g. 200% of fair market price in year 1, 100% in year 2, 50% in year 3, 0 in year 4 but year 4 is the last year before you're committing a crime)
2. 6 round magazine limits on long guns
3. Required gun registration and strict licensing that includes a written and practical exam, safety training, safe storage requirements, any criminal history or pending criminal charges being disqualifying
4. Required liability insurance
5. Every gun needs to be 'smart' (can only be fired by specific people, we always know who fired it)
6. Every bullet needs to be tracked - we should be able to trace any bullet casing to a buyer and a seller
7. Every gun sale should verify items 3 and 4.
8. Enforcement focuses on importation / exportation, not raiding individual owners. But if a police offer encounters a gun as part of is daily work, he or she can and should confiscate it and press charges.
9. Repeal the outdated second amendment
You would have to start with #9, but I wouldn't really call it 'outdated'. This summer's riots have shown that the Second Amendment is quite relevant. In fact, David Bernstein wrote an article about it. You can see the overview of his article and a link to his article here:

https://reason.com/2020/10/05/is-the...ense-obsolete/

And you should know that Bernstein is a Never Trumper.

The fact is that guns and gun ownership are woven into the very fabric and history of this country. If you don't believe me, check out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501174002...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Guns have been involved, for good and for bad, in every facet of this country's history. In fact, one of the arguments made most strenuously against allowing freed slaves to be citizens was the idea that they would then be able to own guns. It does not get a lot of press, but the Winchester .30-30 not only shot numerous deer to feed frontier families but they were used to let Southern sheriffs and Klansmen (frequently the same thing) know what would happen should those sheriffs and Klansmen continue to step foot onto the property of newly freed slaves. Guns played a major role in the civil rights movement in the 50s and 60s for much of the same reason. Indeed, there is a really good book on the subject:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...nmagazinea-20/

Since you are so strongly in favor of gun control, and since gun control had undoubtedly and inexcusably racist origin, I can only conclude that you are a closet Klan member.

I also find it incongruous that your slogan is 'cops lie' but you apparently want cops to have a monopoly on gun ownership. You certainly want cops to seize firearms from otherwise law-abiding citizens.

So, I will put it to you this way:

I own guns. A lot of guns. I have rifles pistols, shotguns, including big, black scary looking magazine fed rifles and shotguns that are frequently labeled 'assault weapons.' You obviously do not believe that citizens should be able to own such items. Fair enough.

But don't be a pussy about it. Don't hide behind someone else's badge or uniform. Don't try to pass some law and then have someone else do your dirty work because You want to prevent me from owning guns? Come and take them. You. Yourself. Hell, I'll buy you the plane ticket.

Otherwise, sit in your basement and realize that you don't even have the balls to put your beliefs into practice.

In sum, I think this quote from Sam Adams (with my clear addition) sums it best:

If you love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility [and safety] of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms [you have none].
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:32 PM Yesterday
I voted today. Usually it's pretty quiet for early voting. Line was long today, though. Took me about 20+ minutes of waiting.
[Reply]
Don Corlemahomes 03:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Pennsylvania (69%), Arizona (40%), Iowa (49%), North Carolina (39%), Minnesota (47%) and Florida (42%) are favoring Dem based on mail-in and early in-person ballots.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lvania-results
[Reply]
Don Corlemahomes 07:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Don Corlemahomes:
Pennsylvania (69%), Arizona (40%), Iowa (49%), North Carolina (39%), Minnesota (47%) and Florida (42%) are favoring Dem based on mail-in and early in-person ballots.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lvania-results
Are we just not gonna talk about this? It seems pretty important.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Don Corlemahomes:
Are we just not gonna talk about this? It seems pretty important.
Wisconsin, Michigan, have Republicans ahead and some are closer than what the "polls" suggested.

That being said it's mail in and early voting. Everyone expected Dems to have Republicans beat in every state on mail ins. The fact you have Battle ground states that are polling Biden ahead 10 points showing that republicans are out pacing or keeping pace actually shows a lot of promise for Trump and republicans.

Also that is just mail in and early. There will be a shit load more after election day and more republicans will probably vote in person.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up