ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Netflix Indicted in TX for 'CUTIES'
BucEyedPea 08:02 PM 10-06-2020
Lewd Depiction of Kids Alleged

Netflix is being dragged into a criminal courtroom in Texas over the controversial film, "Cuties" ... a film a grand jury believes shows young kids in sexual situations.

The grand jury in Tyler County, TX just handed up the indictment ... and according to the docs, Netflix is being charged with promotion of lewd visual material depicting children. By streaming "Cuties," Netflix allegedly promoted the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child younger than 18, appealing to the prurient interest in sex....

Critics have been very vocal about the controversial film -- some feel it encourages the sexual exploitation of pre-teens ... some have even used the word "pedophilia" to describe "Cuties."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06/netfl...hild-sex-lewd/

[Reply]
stanleychief 01:51 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Eh, it's not as hot as you would think. Roseanne Barr type chicks walking around topless...*shudder*
In my 20s, I recall being very excited to go to a nude beach. I left very disappointed. Hollywood lies!
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:26 AM 10-17-2020
South park. 2003. The kids are in the police shower with men.

Totally cartoon naked
[Reply]
stanleychief 02:55 AM 10-17-2020
I found this article rather interesting, written by a victim of child molestation, voicing their opinion of Cuties: Watching the Outrage Over Cuties as a Survivor of Pedophilia

It is a good read. Here are some quotes from the article:

Originally Posted by :
Last week, news surfaced that a grand jury in Texas indicted Netflix for promoting work depicting the “lewd exhibition” of girls under 18 (the company is standing by the film). The indictment also declares that Cuties “has no serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.”

This claim is reckless, and untrue.
Originally Posted by :
When I sat down to watch Cuties, I expected to disassociate or panic. Instead, I just felt wistful and a little sad. Although at times uncomfortable, the film I watched was hardly the sordid filth that its detractors were claiming.
Originally Posted by :
Cuties thoughtfully portrays Amy navigating the exhilaration and cluelessness that can emerge between true childhood and early puberty—especially in an era when young people spend so much time on platforms such as TikTok and YouTube, where sexualized content abounds. While researching the movie, Doucouré spent a year and half interviewing more than 100 Parisian girls about their experiences with social media so that she could better understand the forces that shape young women today.
Originally Posted by :
The movie does include scenes of the Cuties dancing that will make viewers cringe, and these are the scenes that called Doucouré’s responsibility to her audience into question. But the argument that images of girls dancing like women will “delight pedophiles” forgets that pedophilia is a perversion, a sickness unworthy of consideration in the process of creating sensitive, highly contextual art. Netflix’s marketing team deserves scrutiny, but Doucouré’s vision is not exploitative, callous, or cruel. On the contrary, she shows restraint in the moments when the potential for audience discomfort is greatest. As a director, she brings her characters right to the edge of disaster, but she never leaves them there too long, nor does she let them suffer consequences they’re unable to handle.
Originally Posted by :
The collective rage that Cuties evoked isn’t terribly surprising. Dramatic works depicting female sexuality and sexual awakening have long been fodder for moral panic, regardless of critical reception. Cuties isn’t a tender tale about a first crush or first heartbreak, both surely more palatable themes for a tween film (think My Girl, or 13 Going on 30). It’s a movie about girls not wanting to be little girls anymore.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:26 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
Probably to prove a point, by evoking an emotional response. Maybe the filmmakers and directors, were hoping that by being taken aback by certain scenes in their film, people would take up their cause? All speculation from my end, of course.

Did you help produce the movie or something?


It's an exploitation film involving the deliberate sexualization of children. Whether or not the film makers try covering their asses about that by saying that it's showing some negatives about that exploitation, it's still an exploitation film.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:24 AM 10-17-2020
Shit is a disgrace. Like Cali and their rape laws.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:27 AM 10-17-2020
"Halloveen and "Friday the 13th are movies about how it's bad to go around wearing a mask and killing people"




Same idiotic argument.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 12:50 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
"Halloveen and "Friday the 13th are movies about how it's bad to go around wearing a mask and killing people"




Same idiotic argument.
Lots of teen age sex.
[Reply]
stanleychief 02:55 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Did you help produce the movie or something?

It's an exploitation film involving the deliberate sexualization of children. Whether or not the film makers try covering their asses about that by saying that it's showing some negatives about that exploitation, it's still an exploitation film.
Well, I think if I were involved in the production of the movie that my statement "All speculation from my end" would probably not fit. No, I'm not involved in film production in any capacity. My film career consists of filming a family reunion, and even then, I did a terrible job.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:58 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
"Halloveen and "Friday the 13th are movies about how it's bad to go around wearing a mask and killing people"




Same idiotic argument.
I had never considered those movies as advocating for murder.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:34 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
Well, I think if I were involved in the production of the movie that my statement "All speculation from my end" would probably not fit. No, I'm not involved in film production in any capacity. My film career consists of filming a family reunion, and even then, I did a terrible job.
Then why make such a lame argument in defense of the movie?
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:46 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Then why make such a lame argument in defense of the movie?
I thought I presented my argument pretty well. I included references and links to statutes that applied to legal claims, and quotes and links to articles regarding the film. What else should I include to make this "not a lame argument"?

In a counter challenge, present your evidence against the movie. I enjoy a spirited debate. Show me how this is perverse beyond any the of shows I've mentioned earlier. I am genuinely curious.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:50 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yawn. There's no child pornography involved. Some attention-seeking D.A. is looking to pander, even if it means getting crushed in court by Netflix.
Haven't seen it. But seems like this is the case based on the current state of things.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:55 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I thought I presented my argument pretty well. I included references and links to statutes that applied to legal claims, and quotes and links to articles regarding the film. What else should I include to make this "not a lame argument"?

In a counter challenge, present your evidence against the movie. I enjoy a spirited debate. Show me how this is perverse beyond any the of shows I've mentioned earlier. I am genuinely curious.
:-)

That's not how it works.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 11:13 PM 10-17-2020
Tonight's South park.. jacking off the dog
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:27 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
:-)

That's not how it works.
Not tying the validity of this film to other shows. I've just noticed a lack of disgust for shows that I've previously mentioned. I'm trying to understand how one is acceptable and the other is not.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up