ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid Charged With DWI
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 04-12-2021

#BREAKING Former Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in February crash that critically injured 5-year-old Ariel.

D-level felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.@41actionnews https://t.co/PVKqps8PPE

— Dia Wall (@DiaWall) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:00 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
You always hear in the NFL or sports in general "everyone deserves a second chance" in this case someone couldn't say no and ****ed up royally. I also hear head coaches need to be allowed to pick their coaching staff. Whoever relented and let him be hired has a lot of heat coming their way. Your workplace isn't a rehabilitation institute.
:-)
:-)

Like Britt Reid was the only NFL position coach drinking and on Adderall at his team's practice facilities.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:48 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by mdstu:
One google search and five minutes of reading will prove that it isn't even logistically possible for Belcher to have made it to Pioli's office.

Police reports say that Pioli was driving across the parking lot when Belcher arrived at the Practice facility. Stating that Belcher exited the vehicle with the gun already against his head. He talked with Pioli, Pioli called Romeo Crennel and Gary Gibbs separately. Gibbs and Crennel met up inside and went to talk to Belcher together.

7:52 a.m. Belchers mom called 911

8:01 a.m. someone called 911 to report a person with a gun in the parking lot of the Chiefs practice facility

8:10 a.m. police arrive

8:11 a.m. Belcher shot himself

If you can post a link of Pioli saying that he met with Belcher in his office 5 minutes before he killed himself, I'll apologize. I have a feeling that you ain't gonna find it though. I find it highly unlikely that he contradicted his police statement and the truth in a recorded interview for no reason whatsoever.
You were saying what jackass. Here is the link for all you lazy people.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...230751129.html

“Two years later, I was fired. We failed epically. And I was leading the ship. We failed on the field. We failed off the field. We ended up having the worst record in all of football that year. I was fired. Compounding that, making matters even worse, during my last month with the Kansas City Chiefs, a player that I loved dearly, that I thought I knew very well, murdered his girlfriend one Saturday morning before a game. He came to the office after murdering her. He came to the office to speak to me. I talked to him in the parking lot. Minutes later, I watched him shoot himself in the head.”
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:52 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
"Does Red Dawg have 2 accounts?" was what popped into my head.
Get your brain off my accounts bitch! I only have one.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:54 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:

“Two years later, I was fired. We failed epically. And I was leading the ship. We failed on the field. We failed off the field. We ended up having the worst record in all of football that year. I was fired. Compounding that, making matters even worse, during my last month with the Kansas City Chiefs, a player that I loved dearly, that I thought I knew very well, murdered his girlfriend one Saturday morning before a game. He came to the office after murdering her. He came to the office to speak to me. I talked to him in the parking lot. Minutes later, I watched him shoot himself in the head.”
That reads like Belcher drove to the "office" which is the Chiefs facility and Pioli met him in the parking lot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 04-15-2021

Um, you should probably read that account again. It doesn't corroborate what you are saying at all.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:58 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That reads like Belcher drove to the "office" which is the Chiefs facility and Pioli met him in the parking lot.
Maybe so, but I was told Pioli had zero to do with any of it by CP. Not that he was a cause of it but he partially was gone because of it. He had a meeting in his office on Saturday.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
But if I’m the injured child’s lawyer, is there any reason not to kick the tires on a potential lawsuit against the Chiefs alleging negligent supervision of an employee who was getting hammered on the job and then caused life-altering injuries to a little kid? The more deep-pocketed defendants you can sue, the better, and if the kid’s family isn’t happy with the initial settlement offers (which should fairly be contemplating payment of a ****ton of money), the discovery process could get brutal for the Chiefs.

Total shitstorm of a situation for the organization.
No matter what attorney you are, you probably aren't going to spend a lot of time going up against a multi billionaire hoping for a hail Mary settlement.

The Chiefs have all the $ in the world to fight it. Hell they may throw some $ to the family just to make it simple on everyone.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:02 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Um, you should probably read that account again. It doesn't corroborate what you are saying at all.
Maybe not the exact 5 minutes I spoke of but it does collaborate my point. Clark cleaned house and no doubt Belcher had something to do with it. CP said that it had nothing to do with it and Pioli had no contact with Belcher prior. All bullshit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 04-15-2021
Maybe so, but I was told Pioli had zero to do with any of it by CP. Not that he was a cause of it but he partially was gone because of it. He had a meeting in his office on Saturday.
Pioli was fired because the entire organization failed from top to bottom. He first undermined a coach and then outright fired him in the midst of a playoff run. He hired one of his Patriot cronies to take over and promptly went 2-14.

Belcher may have has something to do with it but we'll never know because Clark won't say and the firing happened a FULL 13 MONTHS after Belcher killed himself. It's reasonable to believe that if Belcher had been a significant contributor to the situation, Pioli would have been fired much, much sooner.

As for that Saturday, Belcher was never in Pioli's office. Pioli met him in the parking lot. They did not have a "conversation". Pioli had just enough time to notify Gibbs and Crennel before Belcher shot himself. Again, we'll never know unless the people that were there tell us but I imagine the extent of what was said was "don't do this, we can work this out" and nothing more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 04-15-2021
Maybe not the exact 5 minutes I spoke of but it does collaborate my point. Clark cleaned house and no doubt Belcher had something to do with it. CP said that it had nothing to do with it and Pioli had no contact with Belcher prior. All bullshit.
There absolutely IS doubt Belcher had anything to do with Pioli being fired. Unless Pioli or Clark come out and say it did, then we simply don't know. That's called "reasonable doubt".

And that's NOT what CP said at all. AT ALL.

They said Pioli didn't MEET with Belcher. He didn't meet with Belcher. They had an unplanned meeting in the parking lot. It wasn't a scheduled get together and they most certainly didn't discuss football at all since Belcher killed himself mere minutes after Pioli arrived.

You're just wrong here. Again.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:17 AM 04-15-2021
Clark probably didn’t want anymore players killing themselves upon seeing peehole.
[Reply]
oldman 08:20 AM 04-15-2021
To say Pioli was fired because of the Belcher incident is just foolish. What got Scooter canned was his spectacular failure as a GM. Newspaper exposes, TV blackouts, banners flying at Arrowhead, and the worst season record in team history (tie) made Clark realize he had to act in order to save his business.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:23 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
To say Pioli was fired because of the Belcher incident is just foolish. What got Scooter canned was his spectacular failure as a GM. Newspaper exposes, TV blackouts, banners flying at Arrowhead, and the worst season record in team history (tie) made Clark realize he had to act in order to save his business.
Yep.

Common sense says that if Belcher was that big of a factor, Clark wouldn't have waited 13 months to fire Pioli, after a 2-14 season to boot.
[Reply]
wazu 08:34 AM 04-15-2021
The Belcher thing was a random tragedy. If anything it would have bought more time for Pioli just based on the emotional circumstances.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 AM 04-15-2021
I gotta stop opening this thread.

That pic of Britt Reid looks too much like Titty Meat.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up