ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1381 of 3903
« First < 38188112811331137113771378137913801381 138213831384138513911431148118812381 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 02:27 PM 04-14-2020
today is the worst day for new deaths.......
[Reply]
loochy 02:32 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
today is the worst day for new deaths.......

Well every new day should be the worst day for new deaths until about two weeks after the number of new cases starts to fall
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:35 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Really?
Yeah, really. They have to set a budget and start hiring people to do things right about now today and they probably don't want to allocate resources to a slim possibility when the budget is already massively short as is.

Glad I could help.
[Reply]
TLO 02:36 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Is that Missouri?
Yes
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:41 PM 04-14-2020
Interesting what California Governor said restaurants might look like when things open up.

He warned that Californians should prepare to enter a radically different realm where residents continue to wear masks, and where they may be greeted at restaurants by waiters wearing masks and gloves with disposable menus in venues that have half as many tables. Local school officials would develop new protocols, he said, for physical education classes and recess at schools, as well as processes to deeply clean and sanitize schools, parks and playgrounds to keep infection rates down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:44 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
According to the article I posted a page or 2 back, NY doctors are now proning covid patients and giving them oxygen instead of putting them on vents right from the start. It seems to be helping.
why not try it? They are just sitting in bed while bloodwork and other test results come back. What’s it going to hurt? It could work.

When I was working in the ER at the same hospital your daughter works at now, I saw doctors get disciplined for not putting the patients presenting with shortness of breath on their sides.

Originally Posted by SupDock:
I looked at a few guidelines, and this seems to make sense. They do give the caveat that if they have respiratory distress they should not be proned outside the ICU.

The model of proning all qualifying patients makes more sense to me than using proning on the floor for struggling patients to avoid a trip to the ICU.

My response was more in reaction to the idea that failure to prone patients on a general floor was akin to incompetence.
why do they have to be in an ICU to have them lay on their sides or belly to try to help with the SOB?
[Reply]
loochy 02:45 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Interesting what California Governor said restaurants might look like when things open up.

He warned that Californians should prepare to enter a radically different realm where residents continue to wear masks, and where they may be greeted at restaurants by waiters wearing masks and gloves with disposable menus in venues that have half as many tables. Local school officials would develop new protocols, he said, for physical education classes and recess at schools, as well as processes to deeply clean and sanitize schools, parks and playgrounds to keep infection rates down.

HOW CAN I EAT AT A RESTAURANT WHILE WEARING A MASK?

Also, masks are ineffective per the Surgeon General of the US. Why should I wear one? Does the governor of California know more than the Surgeon General?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:47 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well every new day should be the worst day for new deaths until about two weeks after the number of new cases starts to fall
This is the worst day of all though. We were hoping the other day was the peak as we saw 4 consecutive days of smaller and smaller numbers. Maybe today is the peak?

I don't know that every day is going to be the worst day for 2 weeks. That's a bit of a stretch.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:47 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah, really. They have to set a budget and start hiring people to do things right about now today and they probably don't want to allocate resources to a slim possibility when the budget is already massively short as is.

Glad I could help.
Gee, thanks a bunch! :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:47 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

why do they have to be in an ICU to have them lay on their sides or belly to try to help with the SOB?
No reason to name call.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:48 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Don't question BRC. He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Fuck you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:48 PM 04-14-2020

So we will go from the world of the sick to the world of the paranoid....
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:49 PM 04-14-2020
**** you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
Damn dude, its a fucking joke. Relax.

Geeez...
[Reply]
petegz28 02:49 PM 04-14-2020
**** you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
Yes?? :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:52 PM 04-14-2020

I for one want to hear the plan where classroom capacities are shrank to under 10 children per teacher without doubling the educator workforce.
[Reply]
Page 1381 of 3903
« First < 38188112811331137113771378137913801381 138213831384138513911431148118812381 > Last »
Up