ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1380 of 3903
« First < 38088012801330137013761377137813791380 138113821383138413901430148018802380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 01:31 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
According to the article I posted a page or 2 back, NY doctors are now proning covid patients and giving them oxygen instead of putting them on vents right from the start. It seems to be helping.
I looked at a few guidelines, and this seems to make sense. They do give the caveat that if they have respiratory distress they should not be proned outside the ICU.

The model of proning all qualifying patients makes more sense to me than using proning on the floor for struggling patients to avoid a trip to the ICU.

My response was more in reaction to the idea that failure to prone patients on a general floor was akin to incompetence.
[Reply]
TLO 01:34 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Because deaths lag new cases and hospitalizations. By what, 10 to 14 days, I think?
I think we're already +250 for deaths on the day. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 04-14-2020
I think we are going to see 2k deaths again today
[Reply]
patteeu 01:37 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Touting the efficacy of a drug without evidence which has not yet been demonstrated and wasn't apparent weeks ago is actively harmful.
That may be true, but that doesn’t mean that other’s aren’t doing their own cost/benefit calculation and coming to the sincere conclusion that it’s worth the risk to make the option available. My only point is that both sides can sincerely want to save lives, but disagree on what approach should be taken.

Dane’s remark seemed to suggest that one side wants good things and the other wants some unspecified bad thing summarized by calling it a purely political agenda or something like that.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
People have to plan things out in advance, Pete.
Really?
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:39 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but proning awake non-ventilated patients isn't a standard of care that I am aware of. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it, but using it as a technique to avoid mechanical ventilation in a non-ICU setting seems sketchy.

Is there data to suggest it reduces need for invasive ventilation? I would think it depends on the patients trajectory, as delaying intubation can be dangerous. If someone is on the floor, proning may just delay the inevitable, and have higher risk of profound hypoxia if their condition rapidly changes.
Don't question BRC. He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:39 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think we're already +250 for deaths on the day. :-)
Yes but Donger is correct. We are going to see deaths spike as cases come down.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:41 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I looked at a few guidelines, and this seems to make sense. They do give the caveat that if they have respiratory distress they should not be proned outside the ICU.

The model of proning all qualifying patients makes more sense to me than using proning on the floor for struggling patients to avoid a trip to the ICU.

My response was more in reaction to the idea that failure to prone patients on a general floor was akin to incompetence.
Yeah as I stated to him doctors are trying to figure out the best way to treat patients and fight this new virus so saying doctor's are incompetent is wrong IMHO. China and Italy were putting massive amount of people on vents so that is what we tried to do at first.

Along with the possible blood clotting issue and low oxygen but being able to talk etc we are going to figure this thing out pretty soon I think or at least an idea of how to treat it and not have people die as much.
[Reply]
TLO 01:42 PM 04-14-2020
Can someone explain the significance of the red and blue lines on this graph and tell me if there's any conclusion to be drawn from them?

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...-dashboard.pdf

(More so the blue line I guess. I understand what the red line is depicting)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:43 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah as I stated to him doctors are trying to figure out the best way to treat patients and fight this new virus so saying doctor's are incompetent is wrong IMHO. China and Italy were putting massive amount of people on vents so that is what we tried to do at first.

Along with the possible blood clotting issue and low oxygen but being able to talk etc we are going to figure this thing out pretty soon I think or at least an idea of how to treat it and not have people die as much.
Just trying to make some light of things here but wouldn't it just fucking completely suck ass if we found out the way to deal with this was just to lay on your fucking stomach! :-)
[Reply]
loochy 01:47 PM 04-14-2020
Can someone explain the significance of the red and blue lines on this graph and tell me if there's any conclusion to be drawn from them?

The blue line is the % change from the previous measurement point

so it's the % increase or decrease in reported cases

so the amount of growth of new cases is dwindling

it needs to be far in the negative to really signal things getting better
[Reply]
TLO 01:49 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
The blue line is the % change from the previous measurement point

so it's the % increase or decrease in reported cases

so the amount of growth of new cases is dwindling
That's what I thought but wanted to confirm.

Thanks.
[Reply]
kgrund 01:55 PM 04-14-2020

The blue line is showing the 7 day average increase in new cases. Could be used as a measure of the virus slowing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:08 PM 04-14-2020
Age Ranges of Deaths Number of Deaths
Under 20 0
20-29 0
30-39 3
40-49 4
50-59 14
60-69 24
70-79 39
80+ 49
Is that Missouri?
[Reply]
Bwana 02:15 PM 04-14-2020
What's the news? Are these being prescribed as treatments or something?
I was reading an article about the topic earlier today. Evidently there has been a lot of it prescribed with the disease and they expect a shortage.
[Reply]
Page 1380 of 3903
« First < 38088012801330137013761377137813791380 138113821383138413901430148018802380 > Last »
Up