ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1332 of 3903
« First < 33283212321282132213281329133013311332 133313341335133613421382143218322332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:35 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Feel like that's the challenge with trying to squeeze the entire nation into one model. If areas are peaking and flattening at different times, it's more difficult to circle one date on the calendar as the all encompassing end to social distancing. People nationwide aren't going to wait for Wyoming to peak and flatten before getting back out.
Agreed. Not sure how you go about it though. By city? County? State?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 AM 04-11-2020
Feel like that's the challenge with trying to squeeze the entire nation into one model. If areas are peaking and flattening at different times, it's more difficult to circle one date on the calendar as the all encompassing end to social distancing. People nationwide aren't going to wait for Wyoming to peak and flatten before getting back out.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Exactly.
The problem we have is there is no evidence of this or that approach to re-opening works. Virgin territory.

How do you keep people in an area from traveling to other "non-cleared" areas? How do you keep citizens who have been through it and have some immunity from going to that area? Are we going to go along willingly in giving up our constitutional rights of freedom of movement? Allow the government to track us, keep our health records? A huge can of worms will be opened....
[Reply]
Donger 07:49 AM 04-11-2020
And the plan that the government has put out is based regionally, not nationally.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The problem we have is there is no evidence of this or that approach to re-opening works. Virgin territory.

How do you keep people in an area from traveling to other "non-cleared" areas? How do you keep citizens who have been through it and have some immunity from going to that area? Are we going to go along willingly in giving up our constitutional rights of freedom of movement? Allow the government to track us, keep our health records? A huge can of worms will be opened....
There comes a point that you have to quit being scared to go outside because something bad might happen. If we get through the peak we are going to have to start easing things back for a whole host of reasons. Otherwise you will start to die from the cure as opposed to the disease.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:52 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

How do you keep people in an area from traveling to other "non-cleared" areas? How do you keep citizens who have been through it and have some immunity from going to that area? Are we willingly giving up our constitutional rights of freedom of movement? Allow the government to track us, keep our health records? A huge can of worms will be opened....
I think at the end of April you keep travel restrictions in places that have a certain level of infection and where its not an issue you ease restrictions and tell high risk people to continue to shelter in place. You dont just open the flood gates.

Somewhat of a Sweden model.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:54 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
There comes a point that you have to quit being scared to go outside because something bad might happen. If we get through the peak we are going to have to start easing things back for a whole host of reasons. Otherwise you will start to die from the cure as opposed to the disease.
What you think is going to happen when people start getting all these stimulus checks on top of there unemployment and $600 a week extra?

Its going to get interesting.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:56 AM 04-11-2020
I think at the end of April you keep travel restrictions in places that have a certain level of infection and where its not an issue you ease restrictions and tell high risk people to continue to shelter in place. You dont just open the flood gates.

This is reasonable. Expecting things to stay as is another 7 weeks is not.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:56 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
And the plan that the government has put out is based regionally, not nationally.
What plan is that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 AM 04-11-2020

We have a different form of government than Sweden. The Governors decide in their state, not the President. If the governors don't agree with whatever the President is planning, the plan is dead in the water.
[Reply]
Donger 08:08 AM 04-11-2020
What plan is that?
It was released about a week ago and posted here.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:09 AM 04-11-2020
I'm not your canary
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 AM 04-11-2020
My stone sales have been better than in past years for the month of April. Normally it picks up the last week of April but people are staying home and want something to do. I'm delivering 3 boulders today.

80% of people aren't covering their face though which is annoying. I do whenever I know I have to interact with a customer. If I have to go in a store I'm covered.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It was released about a week ago and posted here.
Does your boyfriend enjoy when you talk in circles?
[Reply]
Donger 08:11 AM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Does your boyfriend enjoy when you talk in circles?
I'm not. It was. I'm trying to find it.
[Reply]
Donger 08:13 AM 04-11-2020

[Reply]
Page 1332 of 3903
« First < 33283212321282132213281329133013311332 133313341335133613421382143218322332 > Last »
Up