ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Brett Veach Appreciation Thread ***
teedubya 09:08 PM 08-21-2023
I haven't started a thread in many years, but I was thinking this morning (after searching to find one of these type of threads on here) about the Chris Jones scenario. And it would seem to me based on what we know about Veach and Reid, that we shouldn't be concerned.

The ability this team now has to find and develop talent is OTHERWORLDLY.

Chris Jones is an AMAZING talent, but what's the difference between $25m and $30m at the end of the day? Not THAT much. He's set. Jones is just pissed off that the Chiefs didn't sign Frank Clark, so he's being a bitch about it.

But Brett Veach ALWAYS finds a great talent to replace whoever is in there.

He found Patrick Mahomes II and begged the Chiefs to draft him.

The way he assembles teams is something we've never seen in KC and maybe never before seen even in the NFL. And he was born in 1977, IIRC.

So, In Veach I Trust. He will be a pro football Hall of Famer, IMO.

What are some of your favorite things that Veach has done that you'd like to thank him about?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:49 PM 03-10-2024
I remember feeling sure Jehu Chesson was going to be a diamond in the rough pick.
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:54 PM 03-10-2024
Dorsey was very good at evaluating talent but so is Veach. We got our 1st Lombardi of the Reid era thanks in part to Burt's savviness and ability to identify talent. Bringing in Frank Clark, Tyrann Matthew and Damien Williams proved crucial. Without those three guys, we don't win the SB. Drafting talent is one piece of the puzzle. Adding complimentary pieces is where Burt has done the heavy damage.
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:27 PM 03-10-2024
I didn’t see this talked about enough but Veach’s contract structures has been nothing short of incredible.

Didn’t we have contract issues with Dorsey?

This alone, and playing the cap game to perfection, should get him GM of the year.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:37 PM 03-12-2024
Just saw this on Twitter. Not directly Veach related but I post it for the incredible contrast with Veach. In KC, Veach is keeping SB-winning talent together while our QB is one of the top paid QBs in the league. Meanwhile, Buffalo is off-loading talent right and left because of their salary cap issues. Denver is going to eat $85M in dead cap space over the next 2 years because they traded for post-injury Russell Wilson. The Bengals are likewise having cap issues. Worst of all:

By popular request, combining the Brian Burns, Bryce Young, and Christian McCaffrey trades:

the Panthers traded:

+ 2024 1.01 or QB Caleb Williams
+ RB Christian McCaffrey
+ WR D.J. Moore
+ 2023 Round 1 pick (top-10)
+ 2023 Round 2 pick
+ 2024 Round 1 pick
+ 2025 Round 1 pick…

— Scott Barrett (@ScottBarrettDFB) March 11, 2024

There are truly a number of shitty GMs in this league.

Yes, we have Mahomes. We also have Andy Reid and Travis Kelce. But the Dolphins had Dan Marino, Mark Duper, and Mark Clayton playing and also Don Shula as a HC. What's the difference? Even if Veach is not THE reason, he's a MAJOR reason why we have 4 SBs in the past 6 years and Marino never got 1.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:55 PM 03-28-2024
Saw this.

Just more. Proof Veach is playing the long game. Philly is gonna burn soon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 03-28-2024
Eagles are probably going to force the NFL to change the rules here pretty soon. Think they have something like 350+ million currently in void years.
[Reply]
In58men 06:11 PM 03-28-2024
Please educate me, what are void years?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:18 PM 03-28-2024
Honestly don't know the intricacies and what money you can and can't do with it, but let's use Hollywood Brown as an example. Hypothetically, we signed him for 11 million dollars but don't have the cap space to fit it all in this year. So they'd write the contract to automatically void in 2025, spread the money over however many years, and he'd be a free agent. Technically it'd be a multi year deal even though in actuality it's a 1 year 11 million dollar deal.
[Reply]
scho63 06:19 PM 03-28-2024
Some teams like the Pats and Commanders could have nearly $100 million in cap next year from rolling this years lack of spending.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up