ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Carolina Panthers radio guy fired for supporting Trump
Pogue 02:00 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
The NFL’s Carolina Panthers pushed out one of its Spanish-language broadcasters because of his personal support for President Donald Trump, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Luis Moreno Jr., 42, had served with his uncle Jaime Moreno as the play-by-play radio announcer since 2010.

The pair were known internationally for their energetic calls of exciting plays by Panthers players.
Originally Posted by :
Moreno Jr. emigrated from Mexico at 14 years old, and he became an American citizen in August.
Originally Posted by :
He said he did not dig into politics before the spring lockdowns, but he had newfound time because of the stay-at-home orders.

After researching American politics online, he “found out that there are a lot of things that are happening that I wasn’t aware of that make me support [Trump],” he told the Observer.

Moreno tweeted a post in support of Trump from his private Twitter page in April.

This prompted Eric Fiddleman, who manages radio and television for the Panthers, to contact him and request that he remove references to the Panthers from his account.
https://headlineusa.com/nfl-teams-sp...porting-trump/
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:52 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
True. But one simply cannot be pro-Democrat and be pro-USA. The two things are mutually exclusive. Sorry.
Nothing to apologize for. I don't necessarily agree but I'm among those vets who will not support Trump and I'm also not voting Dem. For as little as it will do (at the very least she hits the 5% mark to get funding for future Libertarian campaigning) I will be voting for Jorgensen.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:16 PM 09-16-2020
Whoever decided to do the firing needs to have something unwanted and unpleasant happen to them.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:01 AM 09-17-2020
QAnon cultists on Chiefs Planet wake up surprised that organizations don't want cult members anywhere near their organization.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 AM 09-17-2020
I don't want libtard AOC/Bernie/New Grean Deal sycophants near me, most especially at work. But that doesn't mean I think they should be fired for thinking their wacko thoughts. if they can do the job required of them then even if they believe Biden is their Lord and Savior, they should be allowed to keep their jobs. Even if I don't like their politics personally. That's the difference between being a moderate conservative and a wack-job Leftist.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:12 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't want libtard AOC/Bernie/New Grean Deal sycophants near me, most especially at work. But that doesn't mean I think they should be fired for thinking their wacko thoughts. if they can do the job required of them then even if they believe Biden is their Lord and Savior, they should be allowed to keep their jobs. Even if I don't like their politics personally. That's the difference between being a moderate conservative and a wack-job Leftist.
You are laboring under the idea that anyone cares about you or notices you and your job.

We are talking about people that others actually give a shit about.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:15 AM 09-17-2020
Trump is the only choice. Biden and Harris will destroy the job market and the economy.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:15 AM 09-17-2020
Fake thread title is fake
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:16 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Trump is the only choice. Biden and Harris will destroy the job market and the economy.
Trump is the worst jobs president in like 50 years
[Reply]
Pants 11:27 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
How are the lawyers not just swarming all these illegal firings?
If something seems outrageous to you and you're questioning how something like it can pass, try reading the actual article or looking for another source.

Folks are being manipulated like crazy on the internet. It happens on both sides.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:36 AM 09-17-2020
He wasn't fired. And they did not decide against offering him a new contract because of his thoughts. They did it because they asked if he would comply with their social media policy and he said no.

It's completely acceptable for a private business to not want public figures doing things that will hurt their image or turn half their market, or more, against them. There's nothing wrong with a media company saying that their employees need to stay out of politics, or they will find someone who will.

Interestingly, a lot of people seem to think athletes should stay out of spreading political propaganda and stick to sports, but that does not seem to apply to this guy.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:39 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
If something seems outrageous to you and you're questioning how something like it can pass, try reading the actual article or looking for another source.

Folks are being manipulated like crazy on the internet. It happens on both sides.
Because many people have been conditioned to accept information from pet sources like Liberty Headlines USA (in the OP) uncritically, and don't even bother to verify their side of the story before reposting it and spreading it to dozens more people.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:42 AM 09-17-2020
Nobody has been fired for thinking anything.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up