ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Washington DC and The Holy Land>This one's for Bwana
Just Passin' By 11:07 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
Steve Bullock letter helped solicit Chinese EB-5 visa investment in resort for ultrawealthy

Steve Bullock wrote a letter that was used to solicit Chinese investment in a club for the megawealthy through the controversial EB-5 visa program.

The letter from Bullock, Montana’s Democratic governor since 2013, is part of a Chinese document obtained by the Washington Examiner pitching an investment opportunity in the Yellowstone Club, a private ski resort for the megawealthy outside of Yellowstone National Park in southwestern Montana.

Membership at the elite club reportedly requires owning property on the resort grounds (ranging from condos to ranches and custom homes anywhere from $3 million to more than $20 million) and an annual membership fee of around $36,000. High-profile members include Bill and Melinda Gates, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, and Justin Timberlake.

CrossHarbor Capital Partners took ownership of the Yellowstone Club in 2009 and has since utilized EB-5 investment visas to expand the property...

...Bullock wrote, “Although no business endeavor comes without risk, I believe that the EB-5 Program can be executed successfully in Montana to deliver high-quality projects that are compatible with our state’s strengths and economic development goals...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-ultrawealthy
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:09 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-ultrawealthy
Sounds like an episode of Yellowstone.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:22 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Don't worry Rip and the boys will take care of it! And if they didn't kill Beth... they better watch out, Hell hath no fury like Beth Dutton!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:18 AM 09-16-2020
Disgusting.

Now Texans need to be told that Abbot is taking money from the enemy too. Google that is.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:27 AM 09-16-2020
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Bullock, or the Yellowstone Club.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:34 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I remember that episode! The rich fucker from Commiefornia got his ass shot.

:-)
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:45 AM 09-16-2020
That's it. I'm revoking my membership.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:59 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Bullock, or the Yellowstone Club.
My company has supplied a few projects in the YS Club. Big timbers mostly. The whole place has a weird vibe to it. Have not seen any china dudes.

Doesn't Greg Lemond have a place in the "club"? I remember reading he was suing the developer after he reneged on a deal he agreed to with Lemond. I think Lemond got or was asking for 40 million from what I recall and it was settled.

I did sell a bunch of wood to a Chinese dude in Aspen 25 years ago. He was the "owner" of Xiamen Cigarette Factory who partnered with RJR. Dude had a couple of Ferrari's soft tops and would drive around with the top down in the winter, chain smoking playing american 60's music.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:03 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
My company has supplied a few projects in the YS Club. Big timbers mostly. The whole place has a weird vibe to it. Have not seen any china dudes.

Doesn't Greg Lemond have a place in the "club"? I remember reading he was suing the developer after he reneged on a deal he agreed to with Lemond. I think Lemond got or was asking for 40 million from what I recall and it was settled.

I did sell a bunch of wood to a Chinese dude in Aspen 25 years ago. He was the "owner" of Xiamen Cigarette Factory who partnered with RJR. Dude had a couple of Ferrari's soft tops and would drive around with the top down in the winter, chain smoking playing american 60's music.

I'm not sure if Lemond is up there or not. I know they have had numerous financial scandals up there.
[Reply]
Up