ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 818 of 1208
« First < 318718768808814815816817818 819820821822828868918 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:28 PM 07-29-2018
Damn, that looks good.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:48 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Shrimp and Grits tonight. Pulled the recipe from online. It's a Bobby Flay recipe. Link below.

I thought herb and bacon mixture that went into cooking the shrimp was excellent. A lot of parsley, maybe, but it worked.

The grits probably could have used less cheese. Two cups was a lot. I enjoyed it, but one cup was probably fine. I mean, this ain't a pizza at Dinny's house for crying out loud.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...pe-1911862.amp
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:55 PM 07-29-2018
Bone is killing it.
[Reply]
threebag 10:37 PM 07-29-2018
Food looks great fellas. Wish BEP would throw down some pics. She always has a nice looking spread. Buzz I wish I lived close I would bring over the beer. Keep up the good work :-)
[Reply]
Buzz 08:04 PM 07-30-2018
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm full as hell, eyes were way bigger than my stomach. Salmon, cheddar broccoli noddles, corn and fucking toast. You guys can cook! Glad to know you, this has to be the best forum on the interwebs.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fish 08:07 PM 07-30-2018
"And Fucking toast." :-)....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:11 PM 07-30-2018
Messenger Coffee Co

The coffee is good but the place is just a spectacular venue. Who ever heard of a coffee shop with three levels?

And the FOOD.

Go there. Try everything. They have brunch.

Holy fuck, the brownie is the best brownie I've ever had. I just ate a rhubarb tart they GAVE AWAY FOR FREE because they were closing.

LOOK AT THEIR FUCKING ROOFTOP

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:31 PM 07-30-2018
Shrimp and Grits tonight. Pulled the recipe from online. It's a Bobby Flay recipe. Link below.

I thought herb and bacon mixture that went into cooking the shrimp was excellent. A lot of parsley, maybe, but it worked.

The grits probably could have used less cheese. Two cups was a lot. I enjoyed it, but one cup was probably fine. I mean, this ain't a pizza at Dinny's house for crying out loud.
Looks good. That's the recipe I use and love it!

I agree the recipe calls for too much cheese. I cut it back by a cup myself—then taste to see if a tad more is needed to adjust.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:54 PM 07-31-2018
Had a pizza dough I had to take out of the freezer to make room for breakfast burritos on Sunday. The crust wasn't as good as the first go around, but still not bad.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TimBone 05:14 AM 08-01-2018
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Shrimp and Grits everybody. I was particularly proud of that one. I've enjoyed following this thread and getting down in the kitchen the last couple of years, but I think that might be the best dish I've made. It was great.

That being said, my kid didn't care for it. He doesn't like grits, I suppose. The little asshole sat across from me, eating the shrimp off the top. And my wife was at work, so I had to enjoy alone. I actually just finished the leftovers here at work tonight.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:06 AM 08-01-2018
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Shrimp and Grits everybody. I was particularly proud of that one. I've enjoyed following this thread and getting down in the kitchen the last couple of years, but I think that might be the best dish I've made. It was great.

That being said, my kid didn't care for it. He doesn't like grits, I suppose. The little asshole sat across from me, eating the shrimp off the top. And my wife was at work, so I had to enjoy alone. I actually just finished the leftovers here at work tonight.

What kind of grits, and how did you prepare them?
[Reply]
TimBone 01:14 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
What kind of grits, and how did you prepare them?
Traditional. It called for stone ground grits, but I couldn't find them at the store.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:15 PM 08-01-2018
Traditional. It called for stone ground grits, but I couldn't find them at the store.
How did you prepare them?

Also, find some stone ground grits. They're da bomb.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:33 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
How did you prepare them?

Also, find some stone ground grits. They're da bomb.
Prepared them on the stove top according to the directions. They were good, my kid just doesn't like grits. He's had them at restaurants and felt the same.

Yeah, I've seen you mention the quality of the stone ground, and was bummed when I didn't find them. I'm gonna check while I'm in the city today. I want to make the dish again for my wife next week.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:39 PM 08-01-2018
Prepared them on the stove top according to the directions. They were good, my kid just doesn't like grits. He's had them at restaurants and felt the same.

Yeah, I've seen you mention the quality of the stone ground, and was bummed when I didn't find them. I'm gonna check while I'm in the city today. I want to make the dish again for my wife next week.
I do mine in the slow cooker, and they always turns out super creamy and awesome. I start them on the stove, simmering for about an hour, then move them to the crock for 5-6 on low. Lots of butter. Don't always add cheese.
[Reply]
Page 818 of 1208
« First < 318718768808814815816817818 819820821822828868918 > Last »
Up