ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The C.J Hanson Thread*****
Dante84 04:51 PM 04-27-2024
More to come!

C.J. Hanson was drafted in round 7 pick 248 in the 2024 draft class. He scored a 9.84 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 26 out of 1583 OG from 1987 to 2024. https://t.co/YHPcF5MPox pic.twitter.com/Jl9oPENbQn

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 27, 2024

Originally Posted by :

By Lance Zierlein
Overview

Durable three-year starting guard with a captain's "C" added to his jersey in 2023. Hanson plays with terrific technique and gets into Phase 1 of his pass and run blocks with good balance and positioning. His hand placement as a run blocker is above average, while his pass punch is well-timed and accurate. Hanson does the right things, but he simply lacks the play strength needed to match up with NFL defensive tackles. Hanson could be a potential late-round or free-agent target for a team looking to add muscle and mass during a year on the practice squad.

Strengths
Throws punch hands with firmness and right down the chute.
Hands and feet in harmony throughout his protection reps.
Good eyes and hand twitch to pass and receive against twists.
Body control and footwork to adjust and land as pulling guard.
Is technically sound in run game and understands his landmarks.

Weaknesses
Below-average play strength in upper and lower body.
Struggled to displace or neutralize interior targets versus Boston College.
Lacks agility for sudden recovery when beaten.
Feet can lag in mirroring edge-to-edge movement.

[Reply]
Womble 08:12 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
1000%, I watched that like 3 times. I wish someone had a recording of the phone call. One thing I’ve noticed watching these videos this year is I really don’t see enough excitement from the guys we drafted to be coming here. I mean they were all happy, but to me all the videos should have been like this.
Not sure I agree with this because all the other players knew they were at least going get drafted by an NFL team. When it comes to the seventh rounders it really is the difference between continuing your dream and having to get a normal job. Sure they can be UDFAs but it makes their goal seem far more realistic. Unless a player has tanked, the reactions from the seventh rounders are generally the best in the draft for this very reason.

The best reaction by our 2022 draftees was Pacheco in the seventh:

[Reply]
kozzman555 10:13 AM 04-28-2024
I heard Bill Belichick was in our draft room at the end of the 7th

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/k9e98rSZsgU
[Reply]
PHOG 11:40 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Man, if that doesn’t bring a tear to your eye, you have no heart. I have no idea how he will turn out, but I’m rooting big time for this kid.
I think he's extremely happy to be a part of Chiefs Kingdom. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:35 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
1000%, I watched that like 3 times. I wish someone had a recording of the phone call. One thing I’ve noticed watching these videos this year is I really don’t see enough excitement from the guys we drafted to be coming here. I mean they were all happy, but to me all the videos should have been like this.

Instantly a fan now as you said, and with that RAS score he’s guaranteed a spot on the practice squad for sure, and I think they might actually have some plans for him. This team isn’t like the Carl or Pioli years where 7th rounders are camp fodder. If he cares as much as it looks like and with that kind of athletic ability, he’s going to get a real shot here.
Not everyone is the same. I have a feeling that a good majority of these guys are just exhausted and ready for all of the stress to be over. They've been waiting for months to see where they're going to go...and if they'll even get to play again. Give them a break.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:09 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not everyone is the same. I have a feeling that a good majority of these guys are just exhausted and ready for all of the stress to be over. They've been waiting for months to see where they're going to go...and if they'll even get to play again. Give them a break.
Oh I get it, I just know this is how I would have reacted if I ever got drafted. I suppose for the first and second round types who have known they were the cream of the crop their whole lives and know they’re going to get picked, they you won’t see quite this much emotion. Plus, as you mentioned, for them there’s all the limelight as well and it’s probably pretty uncomfortable having a TV crew in your living room telling you when you can and can’t get up to take a piss.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 05-06-2024
How did this guy fall so far? One of the last 10 picks in the draft and yet…

6’5”
300 lbs

Hanson ranks vs OL at combine:
5.0 40–>6th best
1.76 10 split—>20th best
9’7” broad—->4th best
33.50” vertical—->7th best
25 bench reps (pro day)—->15th best

For pick 248 that seems like a potential value pick
[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:01 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

6’5”
300 lbs

5.0 40–>6th best
1.76 10 split—>20th best
9’7” broad—->4th best

Small Schools don't play much upper level competition and film from these schools is sometimes hard to come by. I'd imagine this was one of those guys Veach spoke of they knew they couldn't get as an UDFA so they took him in the 7th.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:34 AM 05-06-2024
I'm thinking that's a nice cheap replacement for Trey Smith.

Moving forward (2025-on):

LT - Suamataia
LG - Wanya Morris
C - Creed Humphrey
RG - Hanson or Nourzad
RT - Jawaan Taylor
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 09:59 AM 05-06-2024
Sexy RAS.

Heck can coach him up.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:01 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

LT - Suamataia
LG - Wanya Morris
C - Creed Humphrey
RG - Hanson or Nourzad
RT - Jawaan Taylor
Possibility that post Taylor Wanya can hold things down over there. And the other Guard takes over.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

LT - Suamataia
LG - Wanya Morris
C - Creed Humphrey
RG - Hanson or Nourzad
RT - Jawaan Taylor
Looks like they covered it coming and going with Hanson and Nourzad.

I think Nourzad has a really high floor; someone almost certain to have a similar career to Allegretti in that he'll be an NFL player, if never quite a guy you'd really want as a full-time starter.

Hanson's floor is a guy who never plays an NFL snap. But I think he's more tooled up than Nourzad; may have a legit NFL starter ceiling.

It's probably a really smart approach to covering off that IOL problem in the coming years. You protect yourself from Hanson not really developing at all by having a guy in Nourzad who can likely do the job for a year or so until someone better comes along. And then you have someone like Hanson with the tools to give you an upgrade on Nourzad if he develops.

I like the approach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Possibility that post Taylor Wanya can hold things down over there. And the other Guard takes over.
Taylor's here for 2 more years (his 2025 salary is already guaranteed).

I'll worry about 2026 in a year or two. By then, Morris will be on the last year of his rookie deal and we have the same sorts of questions to start asking.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:14 AM 05-06-2024

6’5”
300 lbs

5.0 40–>6th best
1.76 10 split—>20th best
9’7” broad—->4th best

Yeah, this strikes me as one of those picks where a guy just fell through the cracks and/or is a little raw. Non-premium position, small school, yada yada, but with those measurables it really feels like he should have gone a little higher.

Won't be the least bit shocked to his starting at RG in 2025-26.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:23 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Looks like they covered it coming and going with Hanson and Nourzad.

I think Nourzad has a really high floor; someone almost certain to have a similar career to Allegretti in that he'll be an NFL player, if never quite a guy you'd really want as a full-time starter.

Hanson's floor is a guy who never plays an NFL snap. But I think he's more tooled up than Nourzad; may have a legit NFL starter ceiling.

It's probably a really smart approach to covering off that IOL problem in the coming years. You protect yourself from Hanson not really developing at all by having a guy in Nourzad who can likely do the job for a year or so until someone better comes along. And then you have someone like Hanson with the tools to give you an upgrade on Nourzad if he develops.

I like the approach.
Yeah it seems like Veach is covering his bases to prepare for next year. Tranquil for Bolton, Williams/Watson/Conner for Sneed and now Nourzad/Hanson for Creed/Trey.

I think the G market priced us out of Trey Smith unfortunately, but I agree with you that Nourzad has a really high floor. Strength, size, smarts are all really solid. I think that’s your starting RG in 2025.

Hanson has really nice attributes but I feel he’s a backup in the Allegretti role, which is fine by me. Don’t think he ever gets the opportunity to start for a team like Allegretti is getting now.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:32 AM 05-06-2024
Yeah it seems like Veach is covering his bases to prepare for next year. Tranquil for Bolton, Williams/Watson/Conner for Sneed and now Nourzad/Hanson for Creed/Trey.

I think the G market priced us out of Trey Smith unfortunately, but I agree with you that Nourzad has a really high floor. Strength, size, smarts are all really solid. I think that’s your starting RG in 2025.

Hanson has really nice attributes but I feel he’s a backup in the Allegretti role, which is fine by me. Don’t think he ever gets the opportunity to start for a team like Allegretti is getting now.
I'm probably overly optimistic, but Jacobs seems like he might have the potential to replace Bolton too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up