ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>63 more offensive holding penalties have been called than 2018
BlackOp 04:46 AM 09-20-2019
I'm just posting this for posterity....and have a time stamp.

63 more offensive holding penalties have been called (77.8 percent increase) than this time last year.

This is the first season where the NFL openly admitted to having a partnership with Vegas.

You want to control the Over/Under...just call holding when a team makes a positive play.

20 penalties tonight...

Funny how people accept that NE had 0 penalties in the AFCCG vs. the Jags...then against KC in prime time....then AGAIN against the Jags. Two consecutive match-ups against the same opponent where Patriots got zero flags...has that ever happened?

If you follow the timeline...Patriots had 3 games with zero penalties in an 8 game span...over two seasons.
[Reply]
007 08:54 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
New England fans can disregard this tweet.

Don't worry fans, if Brady is so much as looked at wrong- that will still be a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty which will get you a win.
Mr. Brady, you have some lint on your shoulder. Let me brush that off for you.

Ref throws flag for roughing the passer.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:00 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
New England fans can disregard this tweet.

Don't worry fans, if Brady is so much as looked at wrong- that will still be a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty which will get you a win.
Originally Posted by notorious:
Brady finds it hard to watch because he rarely sees holding penalties when he plays.
Well, the Patriots...uh...

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It's a deceiving stat because Bolles has already been called 63 times for holding.
But Garrett Bolles has ... uh ...

Dang. I'm too late with all the good jokes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:03 AM 09-20-2019
Guess how man times the Patriots have been called for holding? Twice.

In comparison, Kansas City already has been called 7 times. Jacksonville has 10 through 3 games, next highest is Washington with 8.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...ding?year=2019
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:10 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:

In comparison, Kansas City already has been called 7 times. Jacksonville has 12 through 3 games, next highest is Washington with 8.

The refs don't like telling defenders to get off Tom.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:12 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Holding is one of their "emphasis" moves of this year, especially on the backside of holding plays.
:-) But we know what you mean.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:16 AM 09-20-2019
I KNEW it!
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:30 AM 09-20-2019

via GIFER

[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:31 AM 09-20-2019
Conspiracy!
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:43 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:

In comparison, Kansas City already has been called 7 times. Jacksonville has 10 through 3 games, next highest is Washington with 8.

To be fair, there are several other teams with 2 holding penalties. Buffalo only has 1. Oddly, most of the teams with the fewest holding penalties are dog shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:55 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
To be fair, there are several other teams with 2 holding penalties. Buffalo only has 1. Oddly, most of the teams with the fewest holding penalties are dog shit.
So they're only calling the holding penalties against the teams that are a threat to the Patriots. That makes a ton of sense.

I really think that 20 years from now some ref in a retirement home will fess up that the Patriots bought them all off.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:08 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

If the priority is to keep QBs healthy, that is, limit hits, why throw more flags for holding against the OL? You'd think the refs would allow tricky-tack holding by the offensive line go.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:13 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
WR's have been pushing off for a decade at least.

I mean blatant, and the refs and announcers just ignore it.
You can challenge that these days, so not much of an excuse anymore.
[Reply]
manchambo 02:56 PM 09-20-2019
It's nice to see that Garrett Bolles is only responsible for about half of the increase.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up