ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>63 more offensive holding penalties have been called than 2018
BlackOp 04:46 AM 09-20-2019
I'm just posting this for posterity....and have a time stamp.

63 more offensive holding penalties have been called (77.8 percent increase) than this time last year.

This is the first season where the NFL openly admitted to having a partnership with Vegas.

You want to control the Over/Under...just call holding when a team makes a positive play.

20 penalties tonight...

Funny how people accept that NE had 0 penalties in the AFCCG vs. the Jags...then against KC in prime time....then AGAIN against the Jags. Two consecutive match-ups against the same opponent where Patriots got zero flags...has that ever happened?

If you follow the timeline...Patriots had 3 games with zero penalties in an 8 game span...over two seasons.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:32 AM 09-20-2019

If officials are going to be this strict with holding calls, just be prepared for the unders to keep hitting. They are clearly looking for them and it doesn’t matter anymore if the holding is near the play. Just anywhere on the field.

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 20, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 06:35 AM 09-20-2019

If we are calling this slingshot a holding, I hope the officials are just as eager to flag DTs holding us on double teams. I get it, no “lobster” blocks but this isn’t a lobster block. This is getting out of hand. pic.twitter.com/pRcqVDHyd1

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 18, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 06:36 AM 09-20-2019

Defensive coaches asked for more holdings to be called. Can’t be upset when they comply with the request. https://t.co/tYvEWfLVIa

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 18, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 06:37 AM 09-20-2019
I think that explains where the league is with holding right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 AM 09-20-2019
Is that why the Steelers have been so bad? Lol

And I wonder if they’ll actually call NE’s patchwork OL consistently for it.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:14 AM 09-20-2019
Tamba Hali sees this and considers a comeback. That poor guy was held practically every play.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:17 AM 09-20-2019
The OL is under more scrutiny so you have a better chance of getting sacks

oh, by the way.

Don't hit the quarterback.
[Reply]
-King- 07:21 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yes. Strange.

It seems like the last several years before this one they have backed off a lot on holding calls. They typically want the offenses to be successful. What gives?
Overcorrection because people have been saying how much the game is geared toward offense these days.
[Reply]
jettio 07:22 AM 09-20-2019
Most of the calls I have seen actually were holding, so complaining about the quantity and blaming it on the referees instead of the coaches and players is wrong.

Is the NFL an inner city elementary school we’re the teachers just give up on having an orderly classroom because the kids wear them down?

How about coach the players to stop cheating?
[Reply]
kcclone 07:39 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:
Most of the calls I have seen actually were holding, so complaining about the quantity and blaming it on the referees instead of the coaches and players is wrong.

Is the NFL an inner city elementary school we’re the teachers just give up on having an orderly classroom because the kids wear them down?

If there is a holding call on every run play, eventually teams will stop running completely.

Is that a good thing for football?

As people have said for ages, there is some holding on just about every play.

If they over emphasize holding, football will quickly become 100% shotgun quick passes.

Not sure I want to see that evolution.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:43 AM 09-20-2019
WR's have been pushing off for a decade at least.

I mean blatant, and the refs and announcers just ignore it.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:10 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Makes the games hard to watch. Also, they should just go ahead and ban kick and punt returns. Not sure I’ve seen one this year that hasn’t been flagged.
I think that's what they're trying to do. Call a penalty on every kick and punt return to make them pointless. I hate it. They need to move kickoffs back to where they used to be. Returns are an exciting aspect of the game and they're trying to get rid of it. They say they're trying to prevent injuries but most of those special teams guys don't play otherwise so I think they're ok with the risk.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:11 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:

They probably coach linemen to hold if they get beat. The risk of getting called for holding is better than your QB getting smashed and possibly fumbling or throwing a pick.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:24 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

New England fans can disregard this tweet.

Don't worry fans, if Brady is so much as looked at wrong- that will still be a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty which will get you a win.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:39 AM 09-20-2019
It's funny reading the reactions of everyone that is upset about it. I just wonder if they're okay with Frank Clark and Chris Jones getting held every play, or if they were okay when it was Houston and Hali constantly being robbed of sacks by holding linemen. There is a picture floating around here of Hali literally in a chokehold and it wasn't called. Are you okay with that going on? I, for one, am glad to see them finally doing something about it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up