ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Absolutely. Get some carpenters out there and implement it immediately. 5 27.78%
Maybe. I'd be okay with it. 1 5.56%
Don't care. I don't pay attention to the kicking game. 1 5.56%
Not really. It'll block the view from some end zone seats. 2 11.11%
Terrible idea. I would write an angry letter to my city councilman if this happened. 8 44.44%
What's an upright? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My suggestion for the kicking game.
Rain Man 09:03 PM 09-19-2019
Kickers have gotten really good in recent years. Really good. They've got good range, but particularly good accuracy.

So here's what I think the NFL should do.

That space between the uprights? They should put three or four more uprights in between them. They'll do nothing but be obstacles for the kicker. He still get three points (or 1 point) for putting it between the regular uprights, but if it caroms off of one of the inside uprights, that's just tough luck.

It'll make field goals less certain, thus promoting more fourth down attempts, which is entertaining. And having more doinking field goal attempts will give us more exciting kick returns off the bounce.

I see no downside here.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:02 PM 09-19-2019
Off-topic; This almost certainly Colquitt's last year in KC. We can't pay him such a big salary when Mahomes, Jones etc start hitting the books. Just sayin'
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:06 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Off-topic; This almost certainly Colquitt's last year in KC. We can't pay him such a big salary when Mahomes, Jones etc start hitting the books. Just sayin'
His cap number is 3.1 mil but drops to 2mil next year. Thats reasonable for a really good punter.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:15 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Ok, but are there any black kickers?
Isn't there some team now that has a Norwegian kicker who has a Norwegian name and is black? That threw me the first time I saw him. I just never thought of Norway as having any racial diversity at all.
[Reply]
007 10:17 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hard to deflate an exploding football
Actually no, it's not hard at all.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 10:31 PM 09-19-2019
Put the kickoff back 10 yards and all kicks must be returned, no more taking a knee.

No more field goals, just that simple.

2 point extra points.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:37 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
His cap number is 3.1 mil but drops to 2mil next year. Thats reasonable for a really good punter.
Aren't we going to be squeezing every cent though?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:59 PM 09-19-2019
You just know if they ever implemented this rule we'd be the first team to lose a Super Bowl because our kicker hit the perfect game winning kick but it doinked off some stupid middle post because someone decided to turn it into a fuckin carnival game. "Next year you can go for a 3 point conversion after touchdowns by catching a greased up deaf guy!!! BUT LOOK OUT FOR THAT WACKY MOLE!!!"
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:07 AM 09-20-2019
i have said this a thousand times. make the back of the end zone the same as out of bounds, considering it is in fact out of bounds. :-)
[Reply]
digger 08:39 AM 09-20-2019
I've going to have to see a mock up of this before I choose... (Someone put this in MS paint)
[Reply]
Talisman 11:46 AM 09-20-2019
I'd be for adding some additional posts that give you a benefit for accuracy. Get it through the main, original goal posts (18 ft span), you get 3 points. Within the next smaller set of posts (10 ft span), 4 points. Through the smallest, 4 foot span bullseye posts? 5 points. If you doink it off of any of the interior posts, it doesn't affect you getting the original 3 points.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:25 PM 09-20-2019
I’d rather just narrow the uprights. And maybe raise the cross bar.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:25 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Talisman:
I'd be for adding some additional posts that give you a benefit for accuracy. Get it through the main, original goal posts (18 ft span), you get 3 points. Within the next smaller set of posts (10 ft span), 4 points. Through the smallest, 4 foot span bullseye posts? 5 points. If you doink it off of any of the interior posts, it doesn't affect you getting the original 3 points.
I like this. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:33 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Isn't there some team now that has a Norwegian kicker who has a Norwegian name and is black? That threw me the first time I saw him. I just never thought of Norway as having any racial diversity at all.
Vevick,,, or something...Was at Minnesota...Now at NYJ and blew his kick at NY the first game.
[Reply]
srvy 05:46 PM 09-20-2019
What if the kicker just kicks it high over the goal post on shorter field goals?

Maybe a mini golf sorta deal open close or a windmill where timing becomes critical.
[Reply]
notorious 05:55 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
They should have 1 kicking ball be a gag ball that explodes on contact. No one knows which one until it blows up on a kickers foot. That would add some excitement. Like a game of Russian roulette.
:-)

Awesome.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up