ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Absolutely. Get some carpenters out there and implement it immediately. 5 27.78%
Maybe. I'd be okay with it. 1 5.56%
Don't care. I don't pay attention to the kicking game. 1 5.56%
Not really. It'll block the view from some end zone seats. 2 11.11%
Terrible idea. I would write an angry letter to my city councilman if this happened. 8 44.44%
What's an upright? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My suggestion for the kicking game.
Rain Man 09:03 PM 09-19-2019
Kickers have gotten really good in recent years. Really good. They've got good range, but particularly good accuracy.

So here's what I think the NFL should do.

That space between the uprights? They should put three or four more uprights in between them. They'll do nothing but be obstacles for the kicker. He still get three points (or 1 point) for putting it between the regular uprights, but if it caroms off of one of the inside uprights, that's just tough luck.

It'll make field goals less certain, thus promoting more fourth down attempts, which is entertaining. And having more doinking field goal attempts will give us more exciting kick returns off the bounce.

I see no downside here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:05 PM 09-19-2019
They should have 1 kicking ball be a gag ball that explodes on contact. No one knows which one until it blows up on a kickers foot. That would add some excitement. Like a game of Russian roulette.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:06 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
They should have 1 kicking ball be a gag ball that explodes on contact. No one knows which one until it blows up on a kickers foot. That would add some excitement. Like a game of Russian roulette.
I like it, but the Patriots would cheat. The upright thing would be hard to cheat for the Patriots.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I like it, but the Patriots would cheat. The upright thing would be hard to cheat for the Patriots.
Hard to deflate an exploding football
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:09 PM 09-19-2019
I'd suspend the opposing team's mascot between the uprights with a cable/pulley system. A direct hit equals 2 extra points above normal.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:12 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I'd suspend the opposing team's mascot between the uprights with a cable/pulley system. A direct hit equals 2 points.
Two extra points above normal? Or does any kick just become a two-point kick, so you have to dodge the mascot and field goals and hit him on extra points?

Either way, I like it a lot.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:13 PM 09-19-2019
I remember that Walter Payton used to annoy his kicker in practice by throwing a football from under the goal post and trying to deflect field goals. It would really be cool if the backup quarterback was allowed to come in and try that in games. Plus, it would give the backup some work.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:16 PM 09-19-2019
I like the idea. I've always thought in baseball they should make obstacles in the outfield like a couple of old junk automobiles and a rose garden that an outfielder would have to decide if he wanted to run through or not. A diving catch attempt into a huge rose bush would be awesome.

Edit: Oh , and a sand trap like on a golf course. Yeah, that'd make it a lot moar intertainting.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:18 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I like the idea. I've always thought in baseball they should make obstacles in the outfield like a couple of old junk automobiles and a rose garden that an outfielder would have to decide if he wanted to run through or not. A diving catch attempt into a huge rose bush would be awesome.
I really like that. Maybe the Diamondbacks could have a bed of cactus.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:20 PM 09-19-2019
Huh?

There are like 6 NFL teams that would disagree greatly.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:21 PM 09-19-2019
I really like that. Maybe the Diamondbacks could have a bed of cactus.
Cactus would be awesome! What about a 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails in it laying by the warning track??
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:22 PM 09-19-2019
Rainman should be on the NFL competition committee.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:24 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I'd suspend the opposing team's mascot between the uprights with a cable/pulley system. A direct hit equals 2 extra points above normal.
Two extra points above normal? Or does any kick just become a two-point kick, so you have to dodge the mascot and field goals and hit him on extra points?

Either way, I like it a lot.
2 extra points above normal. FG = 5 pts if you hit the mascot. EP = 3 pts if you hit the mascot. Thank you for clearing that up. FMP.

(Most cumulative mascot concussions replaces coin toss at Pro Bowl.)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:24 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Cactus would be awesome! What about a 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails in it laying by the warning track??
I'm not averse to that.

I'd also put a split rail fence halfway out in the outfield.

[Reply]
Bump 09:39 PM 09-19-2019
Ok, but are there any black kickers?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up