ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Nike says Antonio Brown is no longer 'a Nike athlete'
Donger 01:08 PM 09-19-2019
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/busin...ots/index.html

New York (CNN Business)New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown no longer has an endorsement deal with Nike, the company said Thursday, more than a week after the NFL player was accused of rape.

"Antonio Brown is not a Nike athlete," a Nike spokesperson said, declining to comment on specifics.

Brown took the field Sunday in his first game as a New England Patriot, five days after he was sued on allegations of rape and sexual assault. Brown denies the allegations.

His appearance ended days of speculation over whether the NFL would keep him sidelined while it investigated the claims.

Brown, who is in his 10th NFL season, signed a multimillion-dollar contract with the Patriots this month after being released by the Oakland Raiders. He is among the most prominent players in the NFL.

Nike spends more on endorsements than any other company. Its most recent filing from July shows $10.2 billion in endorsement deals.

In the past, Nike has stood by athletes accused of wrongdoing. Nike put former NBA star Kobe Bryant in advertisements in 2005, a year after he settled an accusation of rape.

Michael Vick lost his contract with Nike after being convicted of involvement in dog fighting in 2007. But Nike re-signed him in 2011, saying Vick "acknowledged his past mistakes."

Nike's years of loyalty to Tiger Woods paid off in April, when Woods won the Masters. It was his first major tournament win in 11 years.

Woods' high-profile sex scandal and a DUI arrest in 2017 helped drive many other sponsors away. But Nike never wavered.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:09 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Shut the **** up
Dude, talk topics, not posters, ok rookie?
[Reply]
carcosa 02:14 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Dude, talk topics, not posters, ok rookie?
Shut the fuck up
[Reply]
Talisman 02:15 PM 09-19-2019
I do think this rape thing was the straw that...........
splattered the trainer's back.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 02:16 PM 09-19-2019
Maybe he should kneel during the anthem. They would pay him a billion dollars
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:17 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Shut the **** up
I can see you are retarded, this will be my last response to you, ya need help slugger.

Adios~~~
[Reply]
carcosa 02:17 PM 09-19-2019
I can see you are retarded, this will be my last response to you, ya need help slugger.

Adios~~~
Wow rude
[Reply]
jettio 02:27 PM 09-19-2019
Word on the street is that Roger Goodell saw Brittney Taylor and said, "I don't know if she's lying but she is so fine, dayumm."

AB aimed too high, and he gonna get got.

Goodell is waiting for the Chiefs to get Jalen Ramsey before putting AB on the exempt list, and he is going to wear the Matt Patricia T-shirt at NFL HQ when he does it. Roger that.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:29 PM 09-19-2019
A.I just assumed we all get everyone knows the story.

B.If you can't see the difference between a freak coming out of nowhere and a relationship going wrong, I can't help you.
I see the difference, the difference is just irrelevant. You are using a more extreme crime to mitigate the impact of the crime she is accusing him of. There is no reason to compare one type of rape to another other. It's asinine.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:43 PM 09-19-2019
You guys are slipping.
Attached: 9CB57A30-704A-4F2B-AEAA-311CE1529A96.jpg (37.1 KB) 
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:32 PM 09-19-2019
IT's a real black mark on Brown that a company using slave labor doesn't think his ethics are up to snuff.

lol.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:16 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I see the difference, the difference is just irrelevant. You are using a more extreme crime to mitigate the impact of the crime she is accusing him of. There is no reason to compare one type of rape to another other. It's asinine.
Asinine is thinking there isn't a huge difference between some monster who might kill her pouncing on her than a "friend" who is a bit weird. I doubt she feared Brown which couldn't be said about some thug.

Hell, she kept coming back, what's that tell us?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up