ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Tomorrow, I am probably going to have to put my dog down.
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 09-18-2019
she was my late wife's first anniversary/birthday present.

She's 15. She had a stroke Saturday morning.

She's swam in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico.

She made friends with a giraffe.

She probably ate at every roadside diner on every interstate in America.

She won't eat. I think she's telling me it's time.

PTSD much? I do.

[Reply]
chinaski 05:31 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I'm touched at all the posts of support. It just goes to show there's heart here; we will talk some smack, but when it comes to real stuff, you're all alright.

The update is-It looks like my Billie (after Billie Holliday, I always name my pets after favorite musicians) has a brain tumor-most likely. She's 16; i'm not spending a ton of money for MRI's and extensive testing. It doesn't really matter, you know? It's about her quality of life. At her age, it is what it is.
She started eating again some, and isn't in pain. She's getting around the house a little better. She loves my girlfriend's daughters; and they've been loving on her something fierce. Billie decided to stick around a bit longer, I guess.
So we get some more time. How much? I don't know. She's in better spirits for now; and I'll take it.

thanks again, you guys.
Well, I'm glad you will get to spend a little bit more time with Billie. When it's time, I'm sure you will do the right thing. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. We had a dog and 2 cats with fatal diseases, very tough thing to deal with. I can relate.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:32 AM 09-20-2019
Great to hear! Well, maybe not “great,” but good that you have more time together.
[Reply]
eDave 05:38 AM 09-20-2019
Well, I'm touched at all the posts of support. It just goes to show there's heart here; we will talk some smack, but when it comes to real stuff, you're all alright.

The update is-It looks like my Billie (after Billie Holliday, I always name my pets after favorite musicians) has a brain tumor-most likely. She's 16; i'm not spending a ton of money for MRI's and extensive testing. It doesn't really matter, you know? It's about her quality of life. At her age, it is what it is.
She started eating again some, and isn't in pain. She's getting around the house a little better. She loves my girlfriend's daughters; and they've been loving on her something fierce. Billie decided to stick around a bit longer, I guess.
So we get some more time. How much? I don't know. She's in better spirits for now; and I'll take it.

thanks again, you guys.
<3
[Reply]
Cntrygal 06:54 AM 09-20-2019
I'm so sorry!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 06:59 AM 09-20-2019

thanks again, you guys.

<3

Take some extra pictures!!!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:51 AM 09-20-2019

thanks again, you guys.
She doesn't want to leave you guys, it's pretty obvious. Happy to hear it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:08 AM 09-20-2019
My dog is a little over 13 and had his annual checkup this week.

Coops has arthritic hips and a gimpy front foot. He went hard when he was younger (Supermaned off my deck, crashed into fences chasing squirrels, etc).

The vet recommended daily NSAIDs, glucosamine, and Omega 3s. The former has perked him up nicely, and I’ve ordered a combo chew for the other 2.
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:15 AM 09-20-2019

thanks again, you guys.
Thats so awesome! More time to show her love. Take advantage of every second...

But, When she turns down steak for food, please make the call to a vet that'll come to your house and help her over the rainbow bridge in her home with her family. Its the single most important thing you can do for her in this time, and I promise youll feel better(in time) if you do.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:30 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
My dog is a little over 13 and had his annual checkup this week.

Coops has arthritic hips and a gimpy front foot. He went hard when he was younger (Supermaned off my deck, crashed into fences chasing squirrels, etc).

The vet recommended daily NSAIDs, glucosamine, and Omega 3s. The former has perked him up nicely, and I’ve ordered a combo chew for the other 2.
Tried giving him anything with CBD? Got a friend with a boxer who said it really turned his arthritis around.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:48 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Tried giving him anything with CBD? Got a friend with a boxer who said it really turned his arthritis around.
I have 3 boxers. Mine are 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5. I'll have to remember that when they get older. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up