ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning has made more money than any player in NFL history
ForeverChiefs58 07:07 PM 09-18-2019
The New York Giants bringing back Eli Manning for the final year of his contract, only to bench the quarterback, remains a headscratcher around the NFL. But the team's decision to pick up Manning's final year of his contract ensures that he is the highest-paid player in NFL history.

In the process, pushing older brother Peyton Manning to second in lifetime earnings from NFL contracts.

Manning, across his 14 NFL seasons, will have made $252,280,004 from his contracts, all given by the Giants. His brother ranks second on the all-time list with $248,732,000 in earnings over 16 years with the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos.

There is no denying that Eli Manning doesn't have the statistical numbers of his older sibling, who undoubtedly will be in the Hall of Fame when he becomes eligible in 2021. Not only does Peyton Manning have more passing yards, more touchdowns and more career wins than his little brother, but he is also largely considered one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

So to think that Eli Manning, despite having been under contract two fewer years than Peyton Manning, has made more than his big brother is simply staggering.
And not just his brother, but Eli Manning has made more over the span of his career than Drew Brees ($244,710,422) and Tom Brady ($235,166,804), who might be the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL.

In cases like Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback has taken less money to help his team stay under the salary cap and retain its core. If all holds to form, Brady, as well as Brees, will also surpass the Manning brothers next year in terms of total NFL contract earnings.

However, it is still a shock to see that Manning, now a backup quarterback, has made more over the life of his contracts than Brady, who has six Super Bowl rings.

And to think that if the Giants didn't pick up the final year of Manning's contract this year, then he might never have surpassed big brother in the earnings department.

Coincidentally, and perhaps no surprise, quarterbacks are all the top lifetime wage earners in the history of the NFL. Of the top 10 earners in league history, the first nine are quarterbacks with Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald tenth on the list ($174,546,387).

https://apple.news/A5dwXlPWxRGCMcXx_dE3F6A
[Reply]
Fish 08:24 PM 09-18-2019

[Reply]
J Diddy 03:23 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I bet that fact burns Peyton's ass, lol
I’m pretty sure Peyton wins from the off the field money he makes.
[Reply]
jimidollar 03:32 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I wonder how much Archie made in his pro career?
$17 and a hell of a nice watch.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:45 AM 09-19-2019
About tree-fiddy
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:49 AM 09-19-2019
I wonder how much he would have made if he went to the Chargers.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:01 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I wonder how much he would have made if he went to the Chargers.
Would be interesting... would Rivers have two or more rings in NY, would Eli have won a ring in SD?
[Reply]
scho63 09:06 AM 09-19-2019
So the two Manning brothers made themselves half a billion in their careers. Not too shabby!
[Reply]
bowener 10:20 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
If the guy just didn't have that...look.

Anyway.....

He has had seven 60 plus comp%, over 4000 yards, 20 or more TD seasons.

Won the two SB's.

But, just how much is that worth?
Apparently $252,280,004.
[Reply]
bowener 10:21 AM 09-19-2019
He made three sons, two of which went on to earn half a billion dollars.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:30 AM 09-19-2019
Eli is actually the most average QB in NFL history.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...me-average-qb/
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:23 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
If the guy just didn't have that...look.

Anyway.....

He has had seven 60 plus comp%, over 4000 yards, 20 or more TD seasons.

Won the two SB's.

But, just how much is that worth?
252 million, please pay attention.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:31 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Eli is actually the most average QB in NFL history.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...me-average-qb/
You don;t win two SB's, among the top 10 QB's of all time stat wise being average.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:02 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I bet that fact burns Peyton's ass, lol
No wonder he's doing so many Nationwide and Papa John's commercials.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 04:27 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
He made three sons, two of which went on to earn half a billion dollars.
The oldest Cooper was supposed to be the most talented of the Mannings before he got hurt.

Cooper now has a kid named Arch that is a freshman in HS.

https://youtu.be/Xp16fQgYcWI

He will I’m sure be the highest paid Manning in time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:41 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
The oldest Cooper was supposed to be the most talented of the Mannings before he got hurt.

Cooper now has a kid named Arch that is a freshman in HS.

https://youtu.be/Xp16fQgYcWI

He will I’m sure be the highest paid Manning in time.
He wasn't even a QB in high school.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up